Board index FlightGear Development Scenery

Request: Canary Islands custom scenery and airports

Questions and discussion about enhancing and populating the FlightGear world.

Re: Request: Canary Islands custom scenery and airports

Postby VicMar » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:16 am

GCLA buildings and objects DONE! All availible through TS!
You'll have to wait until this afternoon. They won't be processed until 12.30Z.
Time flies like an arrow
Fruit flies like a banana
VicMar

Callsign: VicMar
Version: 2018.3.1

Postby ausdkunst » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:29 am

Nice job guys!

With auto tone in Lightroom
BULLDOG RS (The No.1 place for Flightgear automobile): https://bulldogrs.wordpress.com/
ausdkunst

Callsign: bulldog
Version: 2016.2.1

Postby Catalanoic » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:32 am

Its OK. I know, i checked manually the lines in FG and looks awesome, we've now a beautiful GCLA (La Palma) scenery! I'll will add extra lines for GXCO (Tenerife Norte), GCHI (El Hierro), GCGM (La Gomera), GCLB (El Berriel), GCTS (Tenerife Sur), GCLP (Gran Canaria), GCFM (Fuerteventura), and GCRR (Lanzarote) too.
Catalanoic

Callsign: Catalanoic
Version: 2017.3

Postby flycanarias » Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:34 pm

So when can we expect the whole Canarias scenery to be on Terrasync?? Especially the textures, D-ECHO created?
Canary Islands Custom Scenery
Improvement of the AI Traffic for the Canary Islands Region
RoutePlans for the Eastern Atlantic (Azores, Madeira, Cap Verde, Canaries)
About to open a Binter Canarias VA
flycanarias

Postby D-ECHO » Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:47 pm

I will send the textures, if you like them, to Torsten Dreyer or whoever is responsible for fgdata. Then you can either download the latest fgdata (approx.1-2GB), install the Materials as I described you or wait for the next version (which one are you using?) that contains the new fgdata. Unfortunately material files are NOT transmitted over terrasync. (as they are not belonging to the Scenery folder)
Regards
D-ECHO

Pronouns: Bea (she/her)
Version: next

Postby Catalanoic » Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:49 pm

Im currently submitting buildings, objects, windturbines, ships around Canarias, GCLB El Berriel the last one i submitted but still remains a lot. You need to wait (hours to days) to download these positions via TS. The custom textures are provided by D-ECHO, you need to download the zip file (or via github terminal) to have these files (from previous posts), and need to configure and copy/replace some files, of course

PS: @D-ECHO: I'll take a look at the textures and how looks in FG. But as for the screenshots i recommend strongly to send to Thorsten because i think are very good, needs improvements but its a good start.
And can you submit or paste here the stg lines for El Hierro, seems that aren't and TS and as for your screenshots there're a lot. No download possible for IslandAir website as the link is for GCLA and not GCHI.

PS_2: Trying to install the textures, i get an error message at FG start:
Catalanoic

Postby pommesschranke » Sun Jun 12, 2016 2:58 pm

Lukas made GPL Buildings for the Canary Island:

http://lukashangar.jimdo.com/scenery/canary-islands/
pommesschranke

Callsign: d-laser
IRC name: laserman
Version: git

Postby D-ECHO » Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:23 pm

@pommesschranke: I think that's what Catalonic is uploading to ts
@Catalonic: Please try again with the latest push :D
D-ECHO

Postby Catalanoic » Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:32 pm

@pommesschranke: You're right. And all the objects made by Lukas in Canary Islands are done. I made a PM asking for Lanzarote and Gran Canria airports (no download possible), but i can model that too again.
@D-ECHO: Please, submit these three canary houses to TS as shared and more people can benefit the work and place more of these houses manually. The textures works OK for me, maybe more variety of these tipical houses will be great, or just change the colors, doing more versions, for me seems the canary_house2.ac is massive placed, the other two are OK. And please, share the lines at El Hierro and La Gomera. Don't worry if are sinking or flying, i'm placing objects i i want to know what objects are now there, to not duplicate or place objects on the same location. Thanks

Catalanoic

Postby D-ECHO » Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:53 pm

@Catalanoic (sorry, wrote your name wrong before )
I have uploaded them to ts :D
Here is a collection of the airports:
Gomera: modelled in TerraSync, old airport layout, possible re-generation?
Hierro: modelled, in TerraSync
La Palma: modelled, in TerraSync
Tenerife - Los Rodeos: modelled, in TerraSync
Tenerife Sur: not modelled, maybe started by lukas?
Gran Canaria: not modelled, maybe started by lukas?
Lanzarote: not modelled
Fuerteventura: not modelled
Am I right? :D
D-ECHO

Postby Catalanoic » Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:49 pm

@D-ECHO: Don't worry. Then i can easily add some of these houses around those airports to have a beautiful landings/take offs. The collection of airports is partially correct, and i've received a email from Lukas and is actually working on GCTS and GCXO with a better and more detailed than the old one. He's also working on GCRR, GCFV and GCLP. So the list follows:

1 - Gomera (GCGM): modelled in TerraSync, old airport layout, possible re-generation? --> I will add more objects there (mostly houses, ships, cars, and airport furniture), For me partially DONE
2 - Hierro (GCHI): modelled, in TerraSync --> I will add more objects there (mostly houses, ships, cars, and airport furniture), For me partially DONE
3 - La Palma (GCLA): modelled, in TerraSync --> I added more objects there (mostly houses, ships, cars, and airport furniture). For me DONE!
4 - Tenerife - Los Rodeos (GXCO): modelled, in TerraSync --> Waiting for a new reworked version by Lukas. Estimated time: maybe 'til 2017 --> I added more objects there (mostly houses, ships, cars, and airport furniture), For me partially DONE
5 - Tenerife Sur (GCTS): not modelled, maybe started by lukas? --> Waiting for a version by Lukas Estimated time: maybe 'til 2017 --> I will add more objects there (mostly houses, ships, cars, and airport furniture), Not DONE
6 - Gran Canaria (GCLP): not modelled, maybe started by lukas? --> Waiting for a version by Lukas Estimated time: maybe 'til 2017 --> I will add more objects there (mostly houses, ships, cars, and airport furniture), Not DONE
7 - Lanzarote (GCRR): not modelled --> Waiting for a version by Lukas. Estimated time: maybe 'til 2017 --> I will add more objects there (mostly houses, ships, cars, and airport furniture), Not DONE
8 - Fuerteventura (GCFV): not modelled --> Waiting for a version by Lukas. Estimated time: maybe 'til 2017 --> I will add more objects there (mostly houses, ships, cars, and airport furniture), Not DONE
Others not listed:
9 - El Berriel (GCLB): modelled --> I added more objects there (mostly houses, ships, cars, and airport furniture), For me DONE!
10 - Antigua (Aerod. El Jarde), coordinates 28 23,436 N / 13 58,991 W: not modelled, no layout yet --> I will model the objects of that aerodrome. and add more objects there (mostly houses, ships, cars, and airport furniture) Not DONE

On the next days i will add objects around these airports. As for the airports not modelled yet but Lukas is working on then i'll wait, no need to duplicate efforts, but everybody is free to contribute and do the buildings before the release. As for the layouts, one of the biggest issues of scenery work in FG, i can say i'm learning how to do these layouts and generate it for FG, in some day i'll do a package of new and reworked layouts for Spain (mainland and islands) with the most updated layouts from X-plane and other new ones (mostly small and private aerodromes) i'll submit there. You can wait the official regeneration or meanwhile when me or somebody do a custom package for all airports/aerodromes on the islands..

I'll update that list what i'm doing but the spanish community have that Google map for checking which airports are done/waiting for apt.dat/non-public etc.
Catalanoic

Postby D-ECHO » Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:58 am

I can generate all Islands or only those with changed Airport layout but I have rarely time today, tomorrow, on Wednesday or Thursday :'(
D-ECHO

Postby Catalanoic » Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:40 pm

That would be great! If possible, can you generate the basic layout for GCEJ (El Jarde) and the militar heli (GCXM) next to GXCO too? All submited in gateway but not yet in FG, with these two layouts and the update of the rest of the islands we have all.
Catalanoic

Postby D-ECHO » Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:07 pm

I just did I fast and dirty build only with osm landmass and it ran through without any problems. Though there are problems with almost every airport e.g. with taxiways or other going over the airport boundary or airport boundaries being too big/small. I'll get CORINE soon and fix the airport problems, then it should be fine :D
[EDIT]
D-ECHO

Postby D-ECHO » Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:56 pm

Some progress on the shapefiles:
:D
D-ECHO

PreviousNext