Board index FlightGear Development Canvas

Garmin gns530

Canvas is FlightGear's new fully scriptable 2D drawing system that will allow you to easily create new instruments, HUDs and even GUI dialogs and custom GUI widgets, without having to write C++ code and without having to rebuild FlightGear.

Re: Garmin gns530

Postby Hooray » Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:22 pm

thanks, saw it already - thanks for getting involved, feel free to review/extend other articles, if you need help you can get in touch via the wiki.
Please don't send support requests by PM, instead post your questions on the forum so that all users can contribute and benefit
Thanks & all the best,
Hooray
Help write next month's newsletter !
pui2canvas | MapStructure | Canvas Development | Programming resources
Hooray

Pronouns: THOU

Postby Avionyx » Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:28 pm

Does anyone have an intact copy of this?

The link to the .git repo in the wiki article seems no longer valid.

Many thanks,
Alex
Avionyx

Callsign: G-AVYX
Version: 2020.4

Postby Hooray » Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:12 pm

I don't think it's publicly available/mirrored elsewhere - however, git being git, anybody who once cloned it, could obviously provide a tarball and/or re-create the repo.
However, I am not sure what you want to do with it - the code wasn't particularly "complete" IIRC.
Please don't send support requests by PM, instead post your questions on the forum so that all users can contribute and benefit
Thanks & all the best,
Hooray
Hooray

Postby Avionyx » Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:51 pm

Hi Hooray,

Thank you for taking the time to reply, much appreciated. I'm after a modern full colour GPS for a few aircraft and it seemed to fit the bill if only in limited functionality.
I've tried to create my own but sadly don't yet have the skills so was hoping it might be enough of a hand up to be able to work with.
Going by your comments I might have been looking at the wrong place. I've tried a few different options and this was going to be my last hope...guess I'll have to keep looking.

Thank you once more.

Alex
Avionyx

Callsign: G-AVYX
Version: 2020.4

Postby Hooray » Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:10 pm

I don't think it was functional beyond the screenshot that were posted here - i.e. no actual GPS functionality IIRC.
As far as I know, the Avidyne Entegra R9 is the most complete MFD we have so far - it's Canvas-based, but last I checked it wasn't sufficiently generic to be reusable elsewhere - not sure if that has changed or not, if in doubt, get in touch with the extra500 folks (see the wiki for details)
Thanks & all the best,
Hooray
Hooray

Previous

Return to Canvas