Board index FlightGear Support 3rd Party Repositories

Distribution of unlicensed works by the FGMEMBERS organisati

Re: Distribution of unlicensed works by the FGMEMBERS organi

Postby Bomber » Sun May 29, 2016 1:32 pm

Well bring forward the authors then to back up your assertions
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchel
Bomber

Postby bugman » Sun May 29, 2016 1:36 pm

The thing is, in copyright law I don't have to. I think you are just trying to bowl a googly ;)

Regards,
Edward
bugman

Version: next

Postby Thorsten » Sun May 29, 2016 1:44 pm

Thorsten.... so you didn't do this then ?

I think I answered that one already - did you not understand 'No' or are you simply unable to accept the answer?

But since we're at it - clear question: Let's summarize your position:

Some organization takes your GPL licensed work and uses it according to the law yet against your intentions - for you reason to cry outrage and contemplate never to license GPL again.

Some organization takes my GPL licensed work and uses it according to the law (at least as far as the GPL released version is concerned) yet against my stated intentions - for you reason to claim this would fully respect me as a content author.

Here's the question: What makes the difference? Why is something a scandal when it happens to you and perfectly acceptable when it happens to me?
Last edited by Thorsten on Sun May 29, 2016 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thorsten

Postby jaxsin » Sun May 29, 2016 1:45 pm

I'm curious, said author of unlicensed work dies. Who has the right to his unlicensed work? Obviously somebody does, wonder what legal document that might be from?
jaxsin

Postby Thorsten » Sun May 29, 2016 1:46 pm

Copyright is inherited by family.
Thorsten

Postby Bomber » Sun May 29, 2016 1:46 pm

So you think it's OK to acuse someone of breaking the law and present no proof that they've not got permission?

You understand the concept of innocent until proven guilty.
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchel
Bomber

Postby Hooray » Sun May 29, 2016 1:51 pm

Bomber wrote in Sun May 29, 2016 1:46 pm:You understand the concept of innocent until proven guilty.

If you want to take it that far, you are indeed well-advised to stay with fgmembers, so that a court will actually have to deal with the situation sooner or later.
Most others around here prefer to stay out of court, and away from legal trouble at all costs.
Please don't send support requests by PM, instead post your questions on the forum so that all users can contribute and benefit
Thanks & all the best,
Hooray
Help write next month's newsletter !
pui2canvas | MapStructure | Canvas Development | Programming resources
Hooray

Pronouns: THOU

Postby Thorsten » Sun May 29, 2016 1:53 pm

You understand the concept of innocent until proven guilty.

Didn't save any filesharing platform in the past, won't save FGMembers either.
Thorsten

Postby bugman » Sun May 29, 2016 2:29 pm

Bomber, there is no need to prove guilt, when there is direct and multiple admissions of guilt:

1. "FG Aircraft | T-50 by Ummon Karpe and Peter Jedvaj [Undeclared License. Temporary Restriction: Creative Commons "BY-NC-SA" ]"
  2. "FG Aircraft | MB326 by Charles Ingels [License Undeclared. Temporary restrictions: Creative Commons "BY-NC-SA" ]"

I'm pretty sure you are aware of this. Israel here is clearly admitting to:

1. Not having a licence.
  2. Illegally distributing content via GitHub to which he has no licence (potential indictment number 1).
  3. Illegally licensing content as a 3rd party, without permission (potential indictment number 2).

Regards,
Edward
bugman

Version: next

Postby Bomber » Sun May 29, 2016 2:30 pm

The very thing you acuse others of doing, making assumptions as to the desires of the author.... you do yourself but do so to limit content within the FG community..

Do you honestly believe that a person spent the time and effort creating a plane, and for reasons unknown didn't get it published upon FGdata or addon.... maybe his face just didn't fit...

And that you can make assumptions as to his wishes for distribution 6 years later. Demanding get it be withheld from a 3rd party repository?

Questions I'd like answered is why wasn't it included on FGdata in the first place and how much more planes/content is out there being ignored and collecting dust ?
Bomber

Postby Thorsten » Sun May 29, 2016 2:34 pm

But since we're at it - clear question: Let's summarize your position:

Some organization takes your GPL licensed work and uses it according to the law yet against your intentions - for you reason to cry outrage and contemplate never to license GPL again.

Some organization takes my GPL licensed work and uses it according to the law (at least as far as the GPL released version is concerned) yet against my stated intentions - for you reason to claim this would fully respect me as a content author.

Here's the question: What makes the difference? Why is something a scandal when it happens to you and perfectly acceptable when it happens to me?
Thorsten

Postby Bomber » Sun May 29, 2016 2:35 pm

So bugman.... you use his honesty against him ?

And by the way that statement only applies for the moment he wrote it...... emails come in at any time of day and so he could subsequently have received an email from the author giving permission.... and might very well update the licence acordingly..

He is making efforts to contact the original author, you are just being negative and throwing stones.

This community needs more people like you.... like it needs a hole in the head.
Bomber

Postby Bomber » Sun May 29, 2016 2:42 pm

Thorsten, I suppose the answer is why do you think you can derive work from others and then attempt to restrict it's distribution back into the community?

You understand GPL I take it?

Why should I respect someone that demands this illegal action.
Bomber

Postby Thorsten » Sun May 29, 2016 2:50 pm

I asked what's the difference... not that I expected an actual answer from you, because inevitable it is that its YOU - when YOU think it is okay, then it is okay, when YOU think it is not okay then it is not okay. In addition, despite two explanations confusing intention/respect and law - you're not stupid, you're just trolling again.

I rest my case - you just don't have a consistent position except what you want.

Btw.: Must really gall you that Israel couldn't actually find any evidence for me changing a licensing header - because... I didn't do it! That comes from trusting the wrong sort of people who are too liberal with the truth.
Thorsten

Postby Bomber » Sun May 29, 2016 2:55 pm

What are you talking about ?

As for trolling..... with that last paragraph I'd say if the cap fits wear it.
Bomber

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd Party Repositories