Board index FlightGear Development Aircraft

FIAT G91-R (Gina) - JSBSim

Questions and discussion about creating aircraft. Flight dynamics, 3d models, cockpits, systems, animation, textures.

Re: FIAT G91-R (Gina) - JSBSim

Postby MIG29pilot » Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:10 pm

I still like my interior shadow effect idea.
MIG29pilot

Callsign: MIG29pilot
Version: 2020.1.3

Postby Thorsten » Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:21 pm

I still like my interior shadow effect idea.

Because you haven't thought it through till the end. It's not called model-interior (rather than model-shaded) for nothing - it doesn't render fog on any surfaces.

There is some information that relates the shape of the light cache with the result that you can get?

Sorry, I don't understand the question. It's a kind of negative lightmap. If you want to know how it's used, have a look at the Space Shuttle payload bay (devel repository version).

Note that you can use space shaders without bad side effects - they just do fancy stuff at high altitude, but they give you the same result as normal model shaders in the lower atmosphere.
Thorsten

Postby abassign » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:45 pm

Unfortunately the project we were developing G91R4 can not go on for problems of the developer of the 3D model. At this point, if anyone interested, I'm looking for who could make the 3D model. The conditions should be clear since the beginning:

1. the 3D model will be released both in Blender that .ac licensed GPL2 + type,
2. The 3D work will be immediately deposited in a public git development.
3. I provide to give all the drawings and information available to me and flight manuals etc ...

I'm not a 3D modeler and having lost the possibility of using 3D work done before, let if nobody gives me a hand, I'll have to stop work.

It seems important to remember that those who make 3D modeling for airplanes FGFs, must be clear since he began work about type of license, which in this case GPL2 +is not possible then modify, during work, in such a situation . For this advice to anyone who wants to start making a plane, to clarify first of all, by placing the aircraft in the GIT with the licenses which it considers to use.

I would now like to insert into the GIT, the FDM I developed, someone can advise me the best way to make this work?

Grazie :)
Developer of the program https://wiki.flightgear.org/Julia_photoscenery_generator
FDM developer of the G91R1B aircraft https://wiki.flightgear.org/FIAT_G91R1B
JSBSim collaborator
abassign

Callsign: I-BASSY
Version: 2020.4

Postby cobe571 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:52 am

The 3D developer (me) hasn't problems as stated before by abassign. There's instead really heavy disagreements with Mr. "abassign", on the development of the G-91 R4, mostly related with the organization of the whole work... Not so much related to license, but more about the hierarchy organization, and many other things that's too long to list here. At this point the FDM just work more or less, but is a mess and simply inconsistent about my opinion. I'm not pleased about the result. Said that: As the original 3D author, maker and owner of the 3D model called G-91 R4 posted on this site, from now I remove every concession, partial or total, right of use, modification and distribution of my 3D model. In the future I plan to continue the development of this beautiful aircraft (the G-91R4) for Flightgear and carry it out using a mix of licenses. The GPL license for that parts that will come from other authors working around the GPL world. My 3D Model, The original Blend, the export .ac file, .obj file .3ds file etc. will be licensed with a more restrictive License: Creative Commons, CC-BY-NC-ND 4.0 The whole job will include credits to every author involved. Sorry for the inconvenience caused. Sorry to those who wanted to see this model complete. My decision is final!

***UPDATED*** 04/12/2015

The 3D Model switch from GPL to Creative Commons, CC-BY-NC-ND 4.0
Last edited by cobe571 on Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
"According to the laws of aerodynamics, the bumblebee can't fly either, but the bumblebee doesn't know anything about the laws of aerodynamics, so it goes ahead and flies anyway."
cobe571

Callsign: cobe571
IRC name: cobe571
Version: 2020.3.8

Postby D-ECHO » Sat May 28, 2016 8:19 pm

Hey guys this is getting a bit of f topic. Just for better categorabilaty, what about splitting this discussion another topic? Many Threads eng up as a discussion like this so....
D-ECHO

Pronouns: Bea (she/her)
Version: next

Postby abassign » Sat May 28, 2016 8:24 pm

D-ECHO wrote in Sat May 28, 2016 8:19 pm:Hey guys this is getting a bit of f topic. Just for better categorabilaty, what about splitting this discussion another topic? Many Threads eng up as a discussion like this so....

I agree, but do not know in what Topic ... View of the number of interventions I think that the argument has a strong interest for all.
Developer of the program https://wiki.flightgear.org/Julia_photoscenery_generator
JSBSim collaborator
abassign

Postby D-ECHO » Sat May 28, 2016 8:38 pm

What about making a new topic just about licensing issues?
D-ECHO

Pronouns: Bea (she/her)

Postby bugman » Sat May 28, 2016 9:19 pm

I'm considering if this should be split into two new threads - one for mixed licencing for the G91-R and one for the FGMEMBERS licensing problems. It's a little difficult with the mixing up of all the issues.

Regards,
Edward
bugman

Postby Bomber » Sat May 28, 2016 9:22 pm

Considering the Original Topic author seems to have no problems with the direction the threads taken....why bother as you just risk inflaming the situation into a them and us thread.

If however the original topic author wishes a split then by all means respect his wishes.
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchel
Bomber

Postby bugman » Sat May 28, 2016 10:56 pm

I will split this into two new threads, and report back when done. If anyone is unhappy with the thread names, please make suggestions for improvements in those threads. This will take a bit of sorting out, and I might shift old posts into these threads in a multi-step process. Here are the threads:

1. G91-R: Combining incompatible licences within a single aircraft.
  2. Distribution of unlicensed works by the FGMEMBERS organisation.

Regards,
Edward

Edit: Added the first thread - all posts about combining licences should go there. I will soon shift all other posts on this topic into that thread.
Edit 2: Added the second thread - all posts about FGMEMBERS should go there.
Edit 3: I have shifted all relevant posts. If I have made a mistake, please say in that thread. As some posts cover both topics, please feel free to create a new post, linking to the old (as I cannot duplicate a single post).
bugman

Postby abassign » Sun May 29, 2016 9:26 pm

G91R4 the project is going ahead :) !

The 3D model continues to be developed by cobe571, and I continue with the FDM and lighting effects. Cobe571 currently is working on the landing gear and I hope soon to be able to start making the opening/closing mechanism. The ejection seat is ready and the interior of the cabin. Missing textures that are in development.

G91R4 jsbsim, visual effect of the engine combustion chamber. The engine used by the G91 is an Orpheus MK 803 without post-combustion. The engine has a gas exit temperature of about 800 ° C, and then the internal duct assumes at most with ocher colouration visible only at night. Instead you can see the dark blue glow of the internal combustion chamber, in case obviously a correct stoichiometric combustion (combustion rich in sufficiently oxygen). Note then the white lights with light glare effect should be much more realistic of "smears bright" still too often seen in aircraft of FGFS and other "more professional" ;) flight-simulator ...
Last edited by abassign on Mon May 30, 2016 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
JSBSim collaborator
abassign

Postby Bomber » Mon May 30, 2016 12:49 am

Major censorship alert..... happened just here....

Read all about it..... Oh wait no you can't.
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchel
Bomber

Postby bugman » Mon May 30, 2016 9:10 am

Correct, you cannot read it here but instead have to read the posts by following the two new threads:

1. G91-R: Combining incompatible licences within a single aircraft.
  2. Distribution of unlicensed works by the FGMEMBERS organisation.
Regards,
Edward
bugman

Postby abassign » Mon May 30, 2016 9:50 am

Hi @Bomber,

Bugmann made absolutely correct thing to dividing this topic in two topics, it is essential to divide the plane and its evolution (licensed under the GPL code) with type CC license required for some of his graphic parts (3D model).
JSBSim collaborator
abassign

Postby Bomber » Mon May 30, 2016 9:57 am

Sorry I either couldn't find it or he was in the process of splitting it up at the time I posted..

It was late at night here, so could have been having a dopy moment...

I was just shocked as I was enjoying reading your posts, and they'd disappeared.
Bomber

PreviousNext

Return to Aircraft