Board index FlightGear Support Flying

Routing

Controlling your aircraft, using the autopilot etc.

Routing

Postby morlanius » Tue May 10, 2016 1:01 pm

Hi,
I have been controlling at EGSS ( London Stansted) airport and have spent a lot of time working on writing route data for OpenRadar and I have had a few pilots asking me if I can write the procedures.xml for the airport that they can import into FlightGear so I can provide SID/STAR for the AP.

I can not find out how to do this without just opening up FG and saving out routes from the route manager. I see there is a system for it but it seems that it would mean poople would have to add it to apt.dat.gz, is there a way i can provide this?

And I cannot find anywhere the XML specification for procedures only how to convert commercial ones, can this be done?

Hope someone can help

ATCJay / Morlan
morlanius

Re: Routing

Postby elgaton » Tue May 10, 2016 2:27 pm

morlanius wrote in Tue May 10, 2016 1:01 pm:I can not find out how to do this without just opening up FG and saving out routes from the route manager. I see there is a system for it but it seems that it would mean poople would have to add it to apt.dat.gz, is there a way i can provide this?

They are not stored in apt.dat.gz, but rather in XML files that are stored under <scenery directory>/Airports/I/C/A/ICAO.procedures.xml where ICAO is the ICAO code of the airport. The format is currently not documented, but you can have a look at the LOWW procedure file I created for an edition of the Festival of FlightGear, a while ago. (The only thing that's missing is how to add different departures/arrivals when the SIDs/STARs are shared between runways - you do that using transitions).

I'll see if I can add a Wiki page documenting the format in the next days (I'm currently a bit busy with other work).
NIATCA 2nd admin, regular ATC at LIPX and creator of the LIPX custom scenery
elgaton

Callsign: I-ELGA/LIPX_TW
Version: Git

Postby morlanius » Tue May 10, 2016 6:30 pm

Great I see. And yes the LOWW file makes it quite self explanatory as to how to write it. I'll get on this!

Thank you very much, I'm sure my regular fliers will like this once I have done it.

Jay
morlanius

Postby Johan G » Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:40 pm

A post was split off to the new topic SIDs and STARs when adding routes in A320 MCDU.
Low-level flying — It's all fun and games till someone looses an engine. (Paraphrased from a YouTube video)
Improving the Dassault Mirage F1 (Wiki, Forum, GitLab. Work in slow progress)
Some YouTube videos
Johan G

Callsign: SE-JG
IRC name: Johan_G
Version: 2020.3.4

Return to Flying