Board index FlightGear Support Compiling

In test 'SimpleMarkdown': Didn't detect the ... boost test..  Topic is solved

Building FlightGear from source, and in the need for help?

In test 'SimpleMarkdown': Didn't detect the ... boost test..

Postby llsouder » Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:55 pm

Simgear compiled with out issues on Fedora Core 21 (FC21). I upgraded the computer to FC23 and now I cannot compile.
I tried a fresh git clone. Checked my boost libs, which are 1.58 .
I am building in a directory called sgbuild and when I run cmake I get an error that says:
Code: Select all
In test 'SimpleMarkdown': Didn't detect the CMake-configurable boost test include.
Please replace your existing boost test include in that test with the following:
  #include <BoostTestTargetConfig.h>
Once you've saved your changes, re-run CMake. (See BoostTestTargets.cmake for more info)
In test 'SVGpreserveAspectRatio': Didn't detect the CMake-configurable boost test include.
Please replace your existing boost test include in that test with the following:
Once you've saved your changes, re-run CMake. (See BoostTestTargets.cmake for more info)

I checked the files and BoostTestTargetConfig.h is already in the file.

the BoostTestTargets.cmake says:
# Add this line to your test files in place of including a basic boost test header:
#  #include <BoostTestTargetConfig.h>
#
# If you cannot do that and must use the included form for a given test,
# include the line
#  // OVERRIDE_BOOST_TEST_INCLUDED_WARNING
# in the same file with the boost test include.

This line is already added to the test file.
llsouder

Re: In test 'SimpleMarkdown': Didn't detect the ... boost te

Postby llsouder » Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:36 pm

It looks like the cmake call to boost_add_test is not working.
grep -R add_boost_test *
canvas/layout/CMakeLists.txt:add_boost_test(canvas_layout
canvas/elements/CMakeLists.txt:add_boost_test(canvas_element
canvas/events/CMakeLists.txt:add_boost_test(canvas_event
misc/CMakeLists.txt:add_boost_test(SimpleMarkdown
misc/CMakeLists.txt:add_boost_test(SVGpreserveAspectRatio
misc/CMakeLists.txt:add_boost_test(strutils
misc/CMakeLists.txt:add_boost_test(utf8tolatin1
Binary file misc/.CMakeLists.txt.swp matches
nasal/cppbind/CMakeLists.txt:add_boost_test(cppbind_ghost
nasal/cppbind/CMakeLists.txt:add_boost_test(cppbind_misc
nasal/cppbind/CMakeLists.txt:add_boost_test(nasal_gc_test
nasal/cppbind/CMakeLists.txt:add_boost_test(nasal_num
structure/CMakeLists.txt:add_boost_test(function_list
structure/CMakeLists.txt:add_boost_test(shared_ptr

all of these calls fail on this system.
In test 'SimpleMarkdown': Didn't detect the CMake-configurable boost test include.
In test 'SVGpreserveAspectRatio': Didn't detect the CMake-configurable boost test include.
In test 'strutils': Didn't detect the CMake-configurable boost test include.
In test 'utf8tolatin1': Didn't detect the CMake-configurable boost test include.
In test 'cppbind_ghost': Didn't detect the CMake-configurable boost test include.
In test 'cppbind_misc': Didn't detect the CMake-configurable boost test include.
In test 'nasal_gc_test': Didn't detect the CMake-configurable boost test include.
In test 'nasal_num': Didn't detect the CMake-configurable boost test include.
In test 'function_list': Didn't detect the CMake-configurable boost test include.
In test 'shared_ptr': Didn't detect the CMake-configurable boost test include.
In test 'canvas_element': Didn't detect the CMake-configurable boost test include.
In test 'canvas_event': Didn't detect the CMake-configurable boost test include.
In test 'canvas_layout': Didn't detect the CMake-configurable boost test include.

Maybe the boost test libs and headers are not installed. But I do see them on my system
llsouder

Postby llsouder » Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:16 pm

This is still an issue for me.

I am not sure why there is BoostTestTargetConfig.h file which only has a include boost_unit.hpp

The cmake fails but I cannot see where or how.

I will compile with -DENABLE_TESTS=OFF until someone helps me figure this out.
llsouder

Postby rominet » Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:10 am

Hello,

Seeing the kind of problem you're talking about, and that noone is answering here, I think you would have a better chance obtaining a reply by posting to the flightgear-devel mailing list.
rominet

Callsign: F-KATS
Version: Git next

Postby llsouder » Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:11 pm

I did a fresh install of fedora 23 on a PC. Ran cmake and got the error. Ran cmake again, without making any changes and the error went away. Then I proceeded to compile and install.

I think the error message is an error. If you ignore it and re-run cmake it goes away.

After studying the cmake file I think there is an error in the "configured" part of the script. I think after you run it once a var is set in the cmake cache so it correctly runs the second time. I am not a cmake guru but maybe in my free time I will see if I can fix this.
llsouder

Postby llsouder » Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:27 pm

From a fresh Fedora 23 XFCE install:

Installing into a directory named "fglatest"
SimGear
sudo dnf install gcc-c++ cmake boost-devel opengl-devel glut-devel openal-devel OpenSceneGraph-devel zlib-devel
git clone git://git.code.sf.net/p/flightgear/simgear
cd simgear
mkdir sgbuild
cd sgbuild
cmake .. -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=../../fglatest
make install

FlightGear
sudo dnf install plib-devel fltk-devel libXmu-devel libXi-devel
git clone git://git.code.sf.net/p/flightgear/flightgear
cd flightgear
mkdir fgbuild
cd fgbuild
SIMGEAR_DIR=../../fglatest cmake .. -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=../../fglatest -DSIMGEAR_INCLUDE_DIR=../../fglatest/include
make
make install

Two notes:
1. I did not install QT so I think that killed the popup window that asks for the fgdata location. I just used the command line, --fg-root="xyz", to get around that.
2. I got a bunch of nouveau errors too, but I think it is because I forgot to install my NVidia drivers.
llsouder

Postby elgaton » Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:04 pm

I've just found the source of the bug - the include check in the third-party CMake module SimGear uses to run Boost tests is not correct. I have submitted a pull request upstream as well as in SimGear.

EDIT: the PR is now merged!
NIATCA 2nd admin, regular ATC at LIPX and creator of the LIPX custom scenery
elgaton

Callsign: I-ELGA/LIPX_TW
Version: Git

Postby rominet » Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:48 pm

Good job, thank you!
rominet

Callsign: F-KATS
Version: Git next

Return to Compiling