Board index FlightGear Support 3rd Party Repositories

FGMembers Suggestion

Re: FGMembers Suggestion

Postby IAHM-COL » Mon May 11, 2015 6:23 pm

Dear vincent
FGMEMBERs is all about open model 2 as well

Every developer should in principle fork the repository and create a "protected" territory, where only he and the one group of people he chooses can write directly. (Not that they need to, since anyone that is a FGMEMBER could work over the FGMEMBERS repository directly too!)

[Added message:

You can see that several of our aircraft have branches that are specifically designed to maintain a separate authors intent, more specifically when changes on the aircraft come as a disagreement with his view, or there are alternative views.
A topic branch is "reserved" for such maintainer.
And such topic branch is "commited to be" exactly what that maintainer is willing to make of it
]

The second phase is to submit the "private fork" modifications to the FGMEMBERs fork. This way allowing all others to co-create. (Some developers (at least 1 directly to me ) had indicated their complete disregard for what FGMEMBERs can provide, and had decided that they will not be attempting doing pushes to the FGMEMBERs repository, too)

It is true that a growing number of contributors can modify and submit pull request over the FGMEMBERS repository. And thus, it is a matter of development processes for the different developers of any given aircraft to maintain and enhance this FGMEMBERS repository.

Open 2 method does not mean to assign an aircraft maintainer that holds the last voice on where an aircraft goes. FGMEMBERs repository remaining the space where different voices and perspective coexist, breed, co-create.

When a developer closes all possible intention to accept other's ability to commit to a given aircraft, and are unwilling to co-create, on the principle that anything different is just a breakage, and are unwilling to look for those commits, and determine what is good on them and what is bad on them, unwilling to establish peer-2-peer contact with other people interested in the same airplane in the name of 'quality', and prefer to look for isolation, when they, in their greatness complex do not even consider the possibility that looking up for a common-property repository is a great approach to foster cooperations, and even teach the next generations of aircraft developers. At that moment, I say, that is when I start loosing all hope.

Sincerely
IH-COL
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it? Probably not, because if they don’t recognise their freedoms, they’ll let their freedoms fall
IAHM-COL
Retired

Callsign: HK-424D or ICAO4243
Version: 3.7-git

Postby Trennor_ » Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:52 pm

FINE, IT'S GONE.
Last edited by Trennor_ on Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Trennor_

Callsign: C-TREN, CHT0004
IRC name: trennor
Version: 2016.3.1

Postby wkitty42 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:04 am

have you looked to see if there is any options settings to disable these things? the Cessna 172p Detailed has all of these things but they can easily be turned off in the craft's options dialogue... i'm sure the DHC6 should have the same options...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

FINE, IT'S GONE

Postby Trennor_ » Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:12 am

FINE, IT'S GONE.
Last edited by Trennor_ on Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trennor_

Callsign: C-TREN, CHT0004
IRC name: trennor
Version: 2016.3.1

Postby Thorsten » Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:15 am

I want the new DHC6W WITHOUT:

This is the forum of a software project that relies on volunteers, and I think we should be way past stating things like 'I want this and that'.

If you had spent hundreds of hours doing something you care about and give it for free to others - would you like to get to read 'I don't care about your reasons' or 'I want something else'?

Your post is plain disrespectful, and unless the aircraft maintainer is in an exceptional good mood and a really nice person likely to get you on an ignore list, but not likely at all to get your wishes implemented.

If you were to talk that way about my work, I'd send you off to my forum oblivion in a heartbeat and never take look again. I find this kind of attitude towards volunteers simply inacceptable, and I would strongly suggest you try for an apology and a different approach.
Last edited by Thorsten on Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thorsten

Re: I Want an UNADULTERATED DHC6 Please

Postby Richard » Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:50 am

Thorsten wrote in Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:15 am:This is the forum of a software project that relies on, and I think we should be way past stating things like 'I want this and that'.

I think you missed a word and meant to say "This is the forum of a software project that relies on volunteers..."
Last edited by Richard on Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Richard

Version: Git

Postby Thorsten » Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:52 am

Indeed... took the liberty of editing it.
Thorsten

Postby Octal450 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:21 pm

Hmm
Skillset: JSBsim Flight Dynamics, Systems, Canvas, Autoflight/Control, Instrumentation, Animations
Aircraft: A320-family, MD-11, MD-80, Contribs in a few others

Octal450's GitHub|Launcher Catalog
|Airbus Dev Discord|Octal450 Hangar Dev Discord
Octal450

Callsign: WTF411
Version: next

Previous

Return to 3rd Party Repositories