Board index FlightGear Development New features

Feature Suggestion: Manually enter amount of fuel

Discussion and requests for new features. Please note that FlightGear developers are volunteers and may or may not be able to consider these requests.

Feature Suggestion: Manually enter amount of fuel

Postby CaptainTech » Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:09 pm

Hello.

I really like FlightGear and I am really looking forward to Version 3.6.0 :mrgreen:

But here is a feature suggestion:
Image :D

My feature suggestion enables the user to enter the desired left fuel manually. While manipulating the screenshot, I forgot to do the same for the payload weight (Crew / PaxBaggage), but I hope that it is clear, what I mean.
This can be useful for some power users, who want to enter the exact amount of fuel.

(Please ignore the faulty numbers: Total: 8018.2 1193.2 0.02 - I were too lazy :) )

Thank you for considering my feature suggestion.
CaptainTech

Callsign: CaptainTech
Version: Newest

Re: Feature Suggestion: Manually enter amount of fuel

Postby wkitty42 » Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:19 pm

from what i've seen, this is up to each aircraft to implement as they see fit...

FWIW: 3.6 won't be released due to problems beyond the team's control... the next release, possibly 3.8, is being worked on at this time... testing of 3.7 is ongoing...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Re: Feature Suggestion: Manually enter amount of fuel

Postby Thorsten » Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:04 pm

from what i've seen, this is up to each aircraft to implement as they see fit...

There is a generic dialog being created, but the specific aircraft can override it and replace it by a custom one. I'm not sure that's a functionality needed - power users can enter the exact amount of fuel using the property browser...

More elegant is the solution I've seen for the 707 where you can order a fuel truck and request a certain amount of fuel to be added - and then watch it happening for the next 15 minutes...
Thorsten

Return to New features