Board index FlightGear The FlightGear project

A thanks to the developers

Questions about the FlightGear organisation, website, wiki etc.

A thanks to the developers

Postby swampthing » Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:19 am

I just wanted to thank the developers of flightgear. I have been struggling with a yet to be diagnosed nurological problem since 2011. In August of 2012 it put me out of work for good. Being more of an outdoorsmen being stuck in the house has nearly driven me insane. I started using Linux in 2007 and sometime there after I found flightgear in the package manager but my system was just too old. I finnally got a tower that would run it this year and though its still outdated I can fly. I've been flying on flightgear for a few months now and it is good to finnally have something that I can enjoy to pass the time. There is a community here and now I'm having fun being shot down by the KSUU crew ;). I don't know how often it happens but Thank you.

Sreve Brown
The hillbilly from the Ozarks
www.opredflag.com
I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. -Thomas Jefferson-
swampthing

Callsign: swamp
Version: 2018.2

Re: A thanks to the developers

Postby hamzaalloush » Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:32 am

you're welcome whatever what we can do to help, if you require assisting in any alternative controls such as TrackIR(using head movement) for flight control contact me.
hamzaalloush

Postby swampthing » Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:53 am

Thanks, I only use one monitor.
www.opredflag.com
I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. -Thomas Jefferson-
swampthing

Postby hamzaalloush » Wed Dec 16, 2015 1:24 am

okay then, it can be controlled in a phone app, but i don't know how to do it except in Windows, let us know for any news :)
hamzaalloush

Postby swampthing » Wed Dec 16, 2015 1:41 am

Will do.
www.opredflag.com
swampthing

Postby swampthing » Wed Dec 16, 2015 5:27 am

FYI none of the KSUU crew pilots have shot me down without me participating. These guys are friendly and I have never seen any be abusive to other pilots. I say this because I thought someone may take what I said out of context. Thanks.
www.opredflag.com
swampthing

Postby erik » Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:43 am

Great to see you are having fun with it during such a difficult time. I hope you will get some good news soon.

Erik
Current: Parachutist, Paraglider, Pterosaur, Pilatus PC-9M and variants, ERCO Ercoupe, Fokker Dr.1, Fokker 50, Fokker 100
Less active: Cessna T-37, T-38, Santa Claus. Previous: General Dynamics F-16. Worked on: Wright Flyer
erik

Postby swampthing » Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:34 pm

Thanks Erik
www.opredflag.com
swampthing

Return to The FlightGear project