Board index FlightGear The FlightGear project

Lost option to chooose parking after last 3.7 update

Questions about the FlightGear organisation, website, wiki etc.

Lost option to chooose parking after last 3.7 update

Postby swampthing » Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:27 am

I can no long choose parking at airports after updating 3.7. I noticed this when flying muliplayer from KSFO. I normally position my plane in parking at startup but I can't select the option for parking now. Just an FYI.
www.opredflag.com
I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. -Thomas Jefferson-
swampthing

Callsign: swamp
Version: 2018.2

Re: Lost option to chooose parking after last 3.7 update

Postby bugman » Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:16 pm

Cheers! This has already been noticed and extensively discussed on the flightgear-devel mailing list. If you were signed up to the flightgear-commitlogs mailing list, you may have noticed two commits yesterday which is part of the current developments dealing directly with this issue. This is part of living on the cutting-edge, when using the lastest nightly releases or a self-compiled version of FlightGear. You will be watching the developments as they happen, and experience the new features fluctuating in and out of a working state until the ideal solution is found and implemented.

Regards,
Edward
bugman

Version: next

Postby swampthing » Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:49 pm

Thanks Edward, this will be good to see, I have been wanting to find where the discussion is so I'm not in the dark as to what is actually happening, change logs etc.

Steve
www.opredflag.com
I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. -Thomas Jefferson-
swampthing

Postby Foxtrot15 » Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:46 am

Hi has this problem been rectified in the latest build?
Foxtrot15

Callsign: Ice-99
Version: 2016.1.0

Postby swampthing » Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:42 am

As of yesterday I still have not been able to select parking in 3.7.
www.opredflag.com
swampthing

Postby bugman » Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:00 pm

If you would like to follow developments, there are a few mailing lists for this:

This is where the core developments occur (both source code and content). Note that these lists can be a bit daunting and difficult to understand for non-developers, and it might be hard to see the long term strategy (like the parking positions which will take time - as in many, many months). But searching on the mailing list archives should allow you to understand what the plans are. It is also useful to be familiar with the draft FlightGear policy document and roadmap (this is essential if you sign up for a mailing list), and to understand that core development is a very slow process.

Regards,
Edward
bugman

Version: next

Postby swampthing » Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:25 pm

Thanks Nigman. I have just recently started watching the commit logs, I will get on the dev discussion too.
www.opredflag.com
swampthing

Return to The FlightGear project