Board index FlightGear Development Aircraft

GNU/GPL MiG-21 development

Questions and discussion about creating aircraft. Flight dynamics, 3d models, cockpits, systems, animation, textures.

Re: GNU/GPL MiG-21 development

Postby pjedvaj » Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:06 pm

@bugman; Stereo sound fixed in v1.4.3 and uploaded to FGUK hangar.
Retired
pjedvaj

Postby bugman » Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:08 pm

Thanks! Hopefully I'll find some time soon to bring the FGAddon version up to v1.4.3. It will have to wait until FG v3.8 to be in the official releases.

Cheers,

Edward
bugman

Version: next

Postby bugman » Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:29 pm

Hi Petar,

You may wish to check the new v1.4.3 *.wav files in MiG-21bis/Sounds/Samples/. They are somehow all converted to HTML files. To get the FGAddon mono files, I would suggest using svn to checkout just the sound directory:

Code: Select all
$ svn co https://svn.code.sf.net/p/flightgear/fgaddon/trunk/Aircraft/MiG-21bis/Sounds/Samples

Regards,

Edward
bugman

Postby pjedvaj » Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:39 pm

Sorry about that, I was using web interface to download files. Now you understand why I don't use SVN. Package is re-uploaded to FGUK hangar under same version. Over and out.
Retired
pjedvaj

Postby bugman » Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:01 pm

pjedvaj wrote in Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:39 pm:Sorry about that, I was using web interface to download files. Now you understand why I don't use SVN. Package is re-uploaded to FGUK hangar under same version. Over and out.

That'll be the SourceForge web interface rather than an SVN problem. The same problem happens with the git repositories if you right click on a file and save it. The result is a HTML file with the non-html file name, because the link is to a HTML page with another link to actually download the file. It's rather strange, but there's not many open source infrastructure websites which don't have this problem.

Anyway, I have updated your aircraft in FGAddon from v1.3.2 to v1.4.3 with commit r862. For minimising the repository commit size, I guessed a number of file renamings. It's not perfect, but it should save a lot of space, especially with the renaming of the liveries. One thing that was difficult was the elimination of the "/trunk/Aircraft/MiG-21bis/Models/Lights/READ ME!.txt" file, as the exclamation mark was blocking its deletion, but it is now gone.

Cheers,

Edward
bugman

Postby Johan G » Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:19 pm

That extra advertising space has always been one of the income sources for SourceForge. ;)
Low-level flying — It's all fun and games till someone looses an engine. (Paraphrased from a YouTube video)
Improving the Dassault Mirage F1 (Wiki, Forum, GitLab. Work in slow progress)
Some YouTube videos
Johan G

Callsign: SE-JG
IRC name: Johan_G
Version: 2020.3.4

Postby bugman » Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:27 pm

Johan G wrote in Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:19 pm:That extra advertising space has always been one of the income sources for SourceForge. ;)

Well, it also makes the flightgear-fgaddon-commitlogs mailing list messages much shorter. It is nevertheless a good habit to identify moves and use 'svn mv' or 'git mv' rather than 'svn rm; svn add' or 'git rm; git add' to be gentle on the infrastructure.

Regards,

Edward
bugman

Postby jeffb » Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:26 pm

What happened to the paintkit? I did the Somali Airforce Mig. Seems to have disappeared from the files.

Jeff
Wigan turin blu-My Ass!!
Wigan RLFC- Not just a religion
Ancient & Loyal 1872
jeffb

Version: 3.6

Postby Ouacaze » Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:19 am

Hi ! (little post digging)
I've some pictures from a Mig-21 cockpit I took myself. I'm not sure if they're exploitable, but if someone is interested to try to use them to texture the cockpit, I can send them.
(I might be able to take more one day, but I don't know when)

Regards,
Ouacaze
Ouacaze

Postby CaptB » Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:51 pm

The Syrian livery is incorrect. The insignia on the model were used in the Syrian Air Force up to circa 1968, the MIG-21 never flown bearing those insignias since it was introduced into service in the 1970's where it flew both versions of the UAR (United Arab Union) flag until the country exited the union with Egypt. The country inherited it's present two star national flag from UAR and the Air Force has been flying the old UAR flag and it's roundel ever since.

Also, the Egyptian livery (1969/70) represents the UAR in it's final stages ( without Iraq ), so the Egypt/Syria union, not just Egypt.
Ongoing projects(3D modelling): A320, MD-11, A350, B767
FG767: https://fg767.wordpress.com/
CaptB

Callsign: EKCH_AP
IRC name: CaptB

Postby pjedvaj » Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:02 am

Gary made them, it's a form of artistic freedom and possibly lack of in depth historical knowledge, since Egypt and Syria got their first bis variant of MiG-21 in 1980s. There is a paintkit included so you can correct them or make new ones.

I've also made several incorrect liveries for this package; including Croatian 'Dice' (Used only on UM version), Congolese 'Bunny Fighter' and MiG-21-93.
Retired
pjedvaj

Postby PINTO » Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:41 pm

Ive been working on this aircraft for the last month or so. It currently has a working canvas radar, working canvas gunsight ("fixed net" and "pipper", but no sight ring yet) witch retains its zero no matter where the head position is; as well as guided missiles and full featured A/A weapon systems. It has seperate IR and radar lock, modeled radar control panels, and a weapons panel. There's also an accurate fuel system, and multiple tweaks to the JSBsim FDM.

VOR navigation is also implemented, with a 20-channel radio and a GUI box to set the frequencies of each channel. ILS and ADF are still unsupported officially.

Before posting a download link, I need to implement an options system to choose between "very accurate" and "loosely accurate" radar systems, as well as turning on/off mp messaging. I will be posting pics when I get back to my computer though.
Actively developing the MiG-21bis (github repo) (forum thread) (dev discord) (fg wiki)

http://opredflag.com is an active flightgear dogfighting community (using a system that isn’t bombable)
PINTO

Callsign: pinto
Version: stable

Postby StuartC » Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:54 am

nice
StuartC

Callsign: WF01
Version: 2019.1

Postby PINTO » Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:15 pm

Forgot to mention, the second reheat no longer uses the water injection method that was being used.

Gunsight "ghosting" with the fixed net on(it's a lot smoother now):

New missiles and ALS afterburner; missiles are the R-27R1 and R-27T1:

New instruments:

Weapons panel:

Gunsight with pipper on:

Radar (currently 3 - 4 times more powerful than in reality):

Actively developing the MiG-21bis (github repo) (forum thread) (dev discord) (fg wiki)

http://opredflag.com is an active flightgear dogfighting community (using a system that isn’t bombable)
PINTO

Callsign: pinto
Version: stable

Postby StuartC » Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:41 pm

Looks good but why make the radar so overpowered ?
StuartC

Callsign: WF01
Version: 2019.1

PreviousNext

Return to Aircraft