Board index FlightGear The FlightGear project

When will 3.6 be released!!

Questions about the FlightGear organisation, website, wiki etc.

Re: FlightGear 3.6 Estimated Release?

Postby FlugHund » Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:56 am

Or it'll never be released at all: http://sourceforge.net/p/flightgear/mai ... sg34605681

I too suggest to use the release candidate, it's quite stable.
FlugHund

Callsign: D-HUND
IRC name: D-HUND / debdog
Version: next

Postby swampthing » Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:58 am

dg-505 wrote in Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:41 am:Hi turtle,

You can download the 3.6. Release candidate from [url=sourceforge.net/projects/flightgear/files/release-candidate/]sourceforge.net[/url] and help testing it. In the Release-Candidate subforum you can post your feedback. This helps the developers finding and fixing bugs so that 3.6 can be released sooner.

Not anymore you can't. There is only a readme file sating it is or was schedules for August 17th. If you are brave you can try the nightly builds but be warned it may not run for you and then you will have to remove it and go back to 3.4.
www.opredflag.com
I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. -Thomas Jefferson-
swampthing

Callsign: swamp
Version: 2018.2

Postby legoboyvdlp » Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:16 pm

Swampthing -- I'm sorry, but you are wrong.
It may be downloaded from http://download.flightgear.org/builds/r ... 6.0-rc.exe.
legoboyvdlp

Callsign: G-LEGO

Re: When will 3.6 be released!!

Postby bugman » Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:37 pm

When or if 3.6 will be released, note that it will be very similar to the release candidate (RC). The aircraft have also all been tagged for the 3.6 release (see FGAddon#Obtaining_aircraft for details). So it is possible to set up a FlightGear pseudo 3.6 install based on the RC.

Regards,
Edward
bugman

Postby Hooray » Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:49 pm

anybody eagerly waiting for a fully release cycles, could just as well download RCs and get involved in testing, and/or get involved in building FG itself.
These days, it is not overly complicated to set up a working build environment on most systems, and the degree of feedback that people can provide would also ensure that future versions may become much better.
We really need more people involved in testing, and ideally also in building the source code on different platforms.

In fact, most of us got involved in FG at a point when there were not regular releases at all, so that building the whole thing was the main motivation

Some posts below this one were split off to the new topic Interim solutions while waiting for final 3.6 release.
Last edited by Johan G on Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Some posts below this one were split off to the new topic "Interim solutions while waiting for final 3.6 release".
Please don't send support requests by PM, instead post your questions on the forum so that all users can contribute and benefit
Thanks & all the best,
Hooray
Help write next month's newsletter !
pui2canvas | MapStructure | Canvas Development | Programming resources
Hooray

Pronouns: THOU

Postby Sebulba » Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:44 pm

Hello to everyone. Just to add my suggestion, you may also use this ppa: https://launchpad.net/~saiarcot895/+arc ... ear-prerel which will install the 3.6RC in your system. It is much more stable than the 3.7 suggested by others here. I suppose that with this repo, you will get 3.8 about a month before its release, so you will always have a relative stable FG sooner than the official release is out.
Sebulba

Postby swampthing » Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:03 am

OK so 3.6 RC runs great, i actually have a better frame rate. My only issue is that when I exit out and try to go back in a second time it will not load and my system freezes except for the cursor. I can move it around but that is it. Now I could have done 40 different things between the first run and the second attempt. It happens consistently and I have to do a hard reboot.
www.opredflag.com
I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. -Thomas Jefferson-
swampthing

Postby Hooray » Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:19 pm

what does that mean "exit out"-do you finish the program, are you back in the launcher ? What exactly ?
If in doubt, please post a few screen shots - and please consider filing a proper bug report, too
Please don't send support requests by PM, instead post your questions on the forum so that all users can contribute and benefit
Thanks & all the best,
Hooray
Help write next month's newsletter !
pui2canvas | MapStructure | Canvas Development | Programming resources
Hooray

Pronouns: THOU

Postby swampthing » Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:23 pm

Hooray wrote in Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:19 pm:what does that mean "exit out"-do you finish the program, are you back in the launcher ? What exactly ?
If in doubt, please post a few screen shots - and please consider filing a proper bug report, too

When I exit Flightgear is what I meant by that. From the best of my knowledge FGrun does not work with 3.6 or 3.7. However I fixed the problem. I was reading through the troubleshooting pages in Flightgear wiki and I found a suggestion to delete FG Home. I did this and I no longer have problems, everything operates as intended and I am now using 3.7. I'm not sure which file was causing the problem because I did not have time to delete them one by one and keep restarting my system. My only question now is... If you can't use FGrun then we now have no ability to change the screen resolution in the GUI launcher. If there is a way I haven't found it. I used the --geometry= command but this did not make a permanent change when I started Flightgear back up with the GUI launcher I was back to what looks to be 800x600. I'm sure there is something I overlooked in the documentation I just ran out of time. I have only been using Flightgear for about 2 months and I used FGrun to launch before.
www.opredflag.com
swampthing

Postby legoboyvdlp » Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:46 pm

Hi swampthing. I use FGRUN wih absolutely no problems on 3.7.
legoboyvdlp

Callsign: G-LEGO

Postby MIG29pilot » Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:41 pm

How were you exiting? Closing the console or pressing esc?
MIG29pilot

Callsign: MIG29pilot
Version: 2020.1.3

Postby clrCoda » Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:29 pm

legoboyvdlp wrote in Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:46 pm:Hi swampthing. I use FGRUN wih absolutely no problems on 3.7.

possibly because you are on linux, or if windows it's 64 bit.

on windows 32bit the dll intl.dll does not build because of missing dependencies and therefor FRrun crash/starts.
Ray St. Marie
clrCoda

Postby MIG29pilot » Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:15 pm

How do I tell if I'm 64- or 32-bit?
MIG29pilot

Callsign: MIG29pilot
Version: 2020.1.3

Postby bugman » Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:20 pm

MIG29pilot wrote in Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:15 pm:How do I tell if I'm 64- or 32-bit?

The most powerful way I found on MS Windows is to install this file command line utility, which is quite a useful little tool, and then run in the cmd or power shell:

Code: Select all
C:> file <path_to_executable>\fgfs

Regards,
Edward
bugman

Postby swampthing » Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:43 pm

MIG29pilot wrote in Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:41 pm:How were you exiting? Closing the console or pressing esc?

Esc and click exit.
www.opredflag.com
swampthing

PreviousNext

Return to The FlightGear project