Board index FlightGear Support Multiplayer

FGTracker issues

Trouble getting online, setting up a server?
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- copy&paste your commandline.

Please, also see Requesting Technical Help.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

mp tracker 15 borked?

Postby clrCoda » Wed May 27, 2015 9:23 am

Was looking at http://mpserver15.flightgear.org/modules/fgtracker/
it claims that of the 144 days i've racked up tracking the callsign AVA0028 that half of that time I was parked or not even going taxi speed. That's just patently wrong, so I assume there is a problem at the tracker.

Anybody got any ideas?

Thanks -- Ray
Ray St. Marie
clrCoda

Re: MPServer 15, the tracker

Postby Hazuki » Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:05 am

Jabberwocky wrote in Tue May 26, 2015 9:50 pm:Hi,

it appears, that since beginning of April, all the effective flight times in the tracker are not calculated any more. Means, no flight times are added and thus all the ranks stay the same forever. What's the story on that?

J.

Thanks for reporting the issue. The background service for calculating effective flight time stopped working because of invalid data sent from fgms. I have to manually remove the invalid data and it's back to normal now.
Hazuki

Callsign: Quofei
IRC name: Hazuki

Re: FGTracker issues

Postby Hazuki » Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:10 am

Johan G wrote in Tue May 26, 2015 10:46 pm:Hmm, seems the tracker is currently (21:45 UTC) down. :(

If you mean the webpage itself it doesn't down for 15 days. It appears to be "down" because of unstable DNS service (entrydns.net). Appreciate if someone can donate me a reliable DNS service which I can change the IP of dns record easily (e.g. chane DNS record by http link).
Hazuki

Postby clrCoda » Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:18 am

Loreley 01:39:46 00:12:40

Last night, in the presence of witnesses, I flew this plane, the Loreley, by Jabberwocky for well over an hour, yet the "effective flight time recorded is 12 minutes 40 seconds.

I think we need to relabel that as "defective flight time" hehe

It's obviously the wrong calculation or equation or whatever it is it's not based on anything real.

Hope you figure this out.
--Ray
Ray St. Marie
clrCoda

Postby Hazuki » Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:43 am

clrCoda wrote in Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:18 am:Loreley 01:39:46 00:12:40

Last night, in the presence of witnesses, I flew this plane, the Loreley, by Jabberwocky for well over an hour, yet the "effective flight time recorded is 12 minutes 40 seconds.

I think we need to relabel that as "defective flight time" hehe

It's obviously the wrong calculation or equation or whatever it is it's not based on anything real.

Hope you figure this out.
--Ray

Which flight you refer to? (i.e. the flight id is?)

Added on 03.06.2015(14:51)
Okay, If you referring to the callsign AVA0028, you may try summing up the effective flight time by copying the table in the summary page to Excel and see which flight(s) you suspect there is/are problem(s). And I advice you combine those flights being separated when tracking first.
Hazuki

Postby clrCoda » Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:22 am

Hazuki wrote in Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:43 am:And I advice you combine those flights being separated when tracking first

I don't understand what you mean by this statement.

About the loreley flight I mentioned earlier: between my last post and this one, seems the time has been updated and changed, so something happened there.

Really, what I'm concerned about are things like the flights I have posted in planes like the 777 where only half my time is recorded as "effective" and clearly I never spent 25 days on the ground at less than 5knots ground speed.

Was or is there a problem with fights of a certain age? That is: fights going back before a certain date that are completely considered "ineffective flight time"? If I have spent 26 days of flight time in the DHC8-400Q, why is only 18 of that considered "effective". It seems that between 1/3 and 1/2 of all of the flight time I've accumulated in planes I've been flying for the past 6 or 7 years have been deemed not "effective flight time".

Is some part of the data lost then?

-- Thanks
Ray
Ray St. Marie
clrCoda

Postby Hazuki » Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:57 am

http://pastebin.com/UEm0ASZf

Among this data (model 777-200ER), flight 2215657 has a notable data discrepancy. There are only two waypoints dated 2010.08.11 and other 176 waypoints are dated 2010.08.20. This probably due to your flight on 20.08.2010 appended to unclosed flight dated 2010.08.11. I would say the is not uncommon due to bugs of program(s) in past years. What I can do for you now is remove flight 2215657 and your effective flight time will be recalculated.
Hazuki

Postby clrCoda » Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:33 am

Okay, excellent! I believe I understand now. Thank you.

Is this something that I can fix myself, or will I have to go thru my most flown planes and send all the fix requests to you?

Thanks again -- Ray
Ray St. Marie
clrCoda

Postby Hazuki » Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:13 am

Currently all data fixes besides flight merging (which you can fix it by clicking the button on the webpage) has to go through me. Hearsay in the future there will be some authentication on using a callsign. By that time, I may create more programs so that the authenticated person can fix their own flights themselves.

In most cases, including your above-mentioned flight, flights will be deleted or keep untouched (i.e. no data alteration) if there is data discrepancy as the data are coming from fgms and I don't think it is appropriate to alter a third-party (in the view of FGTracker) data. In rare cases, data will be altered only to reflect the true information without reasonable doubt in any aspects.
Hazuki

Postby J Maverick 16 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:51 pm

I've got a strange problem too with the Tracker too:
On my Win7 I've installed Avast Internet Security (1 month free trial) and when I open the website from Chrome or Firefox it says me that there's a Mal (probably Malware) comming from the website. :?
Here's a screenshot from Chrome:

With Norton Internet Security installed on the same PC I wasn't having problems.

But, I also have got an iMac of 2011 (OS X 10.6.8 ) with Avast Mac Security free installed, and I don't get any warnings or blocks from Avast when I open the website from Firefox.

I'm having this problem since I changed anti-virus about one month ago.
Hope you will solve this ;) .
Greetings, Maverick
Breakin' the sound barrier every day!

Scenery designer, basic livery maker, aircraft developer (KC-137R, F-16, A330, C-32J, MH-60)
Flying with Thrustmaster FCS Flight Pack + MFD Cougar
Aviation media on IG at: @j_maverick16.aviation
J Maverick 16

Callsign: J-Mav16
Version: 2020.3.19

Postby elgaton » Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:26 pm

It's a known false positive - I have already reported it some months ago, but Avast never fixed this. I think I'll try to ask on their forums.
NIATCA 2nd admin, regular ATC at LIPX and creator of the LIPX custom scenery
elgaton

Callsign: I-ELGA/LIPX_TW
Version: Git

Postby Hazuki » Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:32 am

In view of recent disputs happened on other Flightgear Tracker, I have created "Rules and Obligations when using FGTracker" which clarifies the obligations between you and me. Read here for details.
Hazuki

Postby Baq » Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:03 pm

HI,
FGTracker seems to be partially down -- not recording any data since ~ 2015-09-27 05:30 [UTC].
Regards, Baq.
Baq

Callsign: SP-BAQ
Version: 2.4.0

Postby legoboyvdlp » Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:07 pm

@baq, yesterday there was apparently mantainance scheduled, so it may be a while.
This is supported by evidence; I saw a mantainance flag above a recorded flight saying further data may not be recorded due to maintenance
legoboyvdlp

Callsign: G-LEGO
Version: next

Postby simbambim » Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:07 pm

Yep. My 3 hour flight was not recorded. But I do see planes tracked right now.
What timezone are the times on this tracker? Never understood it.
Fly on VATSIM and die.
simbambim

Version: 3.2

PreviousNext

Return to Multiplayer