Board index FlightGear Development Aircraft

GNU/GPL MiG-21 development

Questions and discussion about creating aircraft. Flight dynamics, 3d models, cockpits, systems, animation, textures.

Re: GNU/GPL MiG-21 development

Postby StuartC » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:22 pm

It would be sad to see such a gread moddle maker go.
But if you do return and you need FDM help, dont be afraid to shout ( as long as you want YASIM because i know squat about JSBsim ).
StuartC

Callsign: WF01
Version: 2019.1

Postby pjedvaj » Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:29 pm

V1.3.1 updated by enrogue

Afterburner effect modified to work on both Yasim & JSB
Instruments fixed: Mach, AOA, ASI, EGT, RPM
Engine is now Tumansky R25-300 on both Yasim & JSB (correct for bis model)
JSB model has CSR secondary afterburner modelled as water injection for 3 minutes below 15000ft - give ~20000lb thrust! (not sure how to do this on Yasim yet)
Yasim model slats removed (MiG-21 doesn't have any AFAIK) and approach setting fixed (speed from Indian sources, throttle implied from high induced drag, flaps all down), fuel load increased slightly from sources. Cruise config updated to mach 2.05 TAS

Download: http://www.fguk.eu/index.php/hangar/vie ... -mig-21bis
Retired
pjedvaj

Postby pjedvaj » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:51 am

V.1.3.6 updates

New Cuban, East German and Hungarian livery
Taxi light fix
Canopy invisible from inside
Gunsight Rembrandt compatible

UV map errors fixed (showing only on fuselage on non symmetrical liveries)
Czech livery is repainted

Advanced light pack
Ejection seat
New splash screen
Retired
pjedvaj

Postby pjedvaj » Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:49 pm

V1.3.7 updates

New and repainted Croatian liveries;

Retired
pjedvaj

Postby Johan G » Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:48 am

Those look really nice. 8) I think the weathering adds a lot to it.
Low-level flying — It's all fun and games till someone looses an engine. (Paraphrased from a YouTube video)
Improving the Dassault Mirage F1 (Wiki, Forum, GitLab. Work in slow progress)
Some YouTube videos
Johan G

Callsign: SE-JG
IRC name: Johan_G
Version: 2020.3.4

Postby pjedvaj » Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:00 am

Weathering is all Gary's work, I just did the painting by numbers. I shouldn't be uploading changes so late at night, today I had to make some fixes and it's a quite large package, 40MB. :D

V.1.3.8 - Final version of MiG-21bis

New splash and livery fixes
Retired
pjedvaj

Postby pjedvaj » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:14 pm

MiG-21bis v1.3.9

- fixed normals in cockpit
- fixed Polish and Croatian liveries
- new Bulgarian, Slovakian, Iraqi and 21-93 liveries

updated 21-93 livery:
Retired
pjedvaj

Postby pjedvaj » Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:02 am

Version 1.4.2 (final release by original author)

- many livery fixes
- new Angolan, Croatian (Vukovar Avenger) and Soviet (desert camo) AF liveries -> 30 liveries total
Retired
pjedvaj

Postby bugman » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:50 pm

Hi,

I was just wondering what the relationship of this version with the FGAddon one is. The reason I ask is because I have fixed the stereo-sound file issue in the MiG-21bis in FGAddon, but these files are still stereo at the FGUK download link, and hence silent:

Code: Select all
[edward@localhost ~]$ fgfs --aircraft=MiG-21bis
Enabling ATI viewport hack
Starting automatic scenery download/synchronization. Using built-in SVN support. Directory: '/flightgear/home/.fgfs/TerraSync'.
default catalog not found, installing 'org.flightgear.default' from 'http://fgfs.goneabitbursar.com/pkg/3.6.0/default-catalog.xml'.
FGPropertyManager::GetNode() No node found for /ai/submodels/contrails
Detected particle system using segment(s) with less than 2 vertices

Detected particle system using segment(s) with less than 2 vertices

Loading local weather routines...
Lightpack light system initialized
catalog download failure:http://fgfs.goneabitbursar.com/pkg/3.6.0/default-catalog.xml
Initializing Radar Data
Nasal runtime error: non-objects have no members
  at /flightgear/flightgear-fgdata/Aircraft/Instruments-3d/radar2/radar2.nas, line 112
failed to load sound buffer: Warning: STEREO files are not supported for 3D audio effects: /flightgear/hanger/MiG-21bis/Sounds/Samples/stall.wav
failed to load sound buffer: Warning: STEREO files are not supported for 3D audio effects: /flightgear/hanger/MiG-21bis/Sounds/Samples/bomb_away.wav
failed to load sound buffer: Warning: STEREO files are not supported for 3D audio effects: /flightgear/hanger/MiG-21bis/Sounds/Samples/bomb_away.wav
failed to load sound buffer: Warning: STEREO files are not supported for 3D audio effects: /flightgear/hanger/MiG-21bis/Sounds/Samples/stall.wav

This is after a few stalls and bomb drops (and deleting the FGAddon plane to avoid a name clash).

Regards,

Edward
bugman

Version: next

Postby pjedvaj » Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:29 pm

FGUK version is the current version (without sound issue fixed), FGAddon version is outdated and they probably need to be merged. I don't upload changes to the SVN and this FGUK release is the last one made by me.

Petar Jedvaj, original author
Retired
pjedvaj

Postby bugman » Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:35 pm

pjedvaj wrote in Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:29 pm:FGUK version is the current version (without sound issue fixed), FGAddon version is outdated and they probably need to be merged. I don't upload changes to the SVN and this FGUK release is the last one made by me.

Hi Petar,

I feel like I'm stepping on a land mine here :? Let me see if I can avoid the minefield with a few questions. I can see that you have made many, many changes to FGAddon already. So, my questions are:

You say you "don't upload changes to the SVN" - should this be "didn't", or you have given up on FGData/FGAddon?
    Is there a mailing list thread, FG or FGUK forum topic link I should read to understand the current situation?
    Or you will no longer make FGAddon changes as you've retired?
    Would you like me or someone else to merge the 1.4.2 version into FGAddon for you, so that it is up to date with your latest improvements and has the stereo-sound file fix?
    How do I get the stereo-sound fix pushed upstream back to FGUK?
    The "last one made by me" statement, does that imply that someone else is working on it?

Cheers,

Edward

Edit: One last question, why is the version in the *-set.xml file set to 1.9.1 and not to 1.3.2 of your last commits in 2014?
bugman

Postby pjedvaj » Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:45 pm

No mines here, don't worry. :)

I'm a retired developer, this last few versions of MiG-21bis were only small fixes and livery updates. I did upload the package to Git and later to SVN but I didn't mantain it regulary (due to technical issues).

The project is GPLv3 and everybody is welcome to contribute, so don't worry about such things. To upload it to FGUK hangar you need to reupload the whole ZIP package again and to create developer account at FGUK.
Retired
pjedvaj

Postby bugman » Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:31 am

pjedvaj wrote in Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:45 pm:I'm a retired developer, this last few versions of MiG-21bis were only small fixes and livery updates. I did upload the package to Git and later to SVN but I didn't mantain it regulary (due to technical issues).

The project is GPLv3 and everybody is welcome to contribute, so don't worry about such things. To upload it to FGUK hangar you need to reupload the whole ZIP package again and to create developer account at FGUK.

Cheers, at some point I'll look at updating the MiG-21bis in the official FG aircraft hangar for you, and then at pushing the fixed sound files to the extensive FGUK private hangar. Though if you were to simply copy the 2 new mono sound files from here and create a 1.4.3 stereo-sound fix version for the FGUK page, that would likely be a lot quicker. I have one question though, could you clarify if this is GPLv3 or GPLv3+ (i.e. GNU General Public License v3 "or any later version")? I can't find this mentioned in the aircraft files. This little addition is quite important for the future evolution of the FG project.

Cheers,

Edward
bugman

Postby pjedvaj » Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:45 pm

I'll do that in few days when I get back from the coast. License.txt in the MiG-21bis root folder should contain the GPLv3.
Retired
pjedvaj

Postby bugman » Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:13 pm

pjedvaj wrote in Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:45 pm:I'll do that in few days when I get back from the coast. License.txt in the MiG-21bis root folder should contain the GPLv3.

Cheers! The GPLv3 licence is there, but I couldn't find any licence header in a readme or other file to say if it is GPLv3 or GPLv3+. The '+' part - meaning "or any later version" and which is very useful for distant-future maintenance - is not in the licence itself.

Regards,

Edward
bugman

PreviousNext

Return to Aircraft