Board index FlightGear Release candidates

My issues with FlightGear 3.6.0RC

Release candidate testers are encouraged to post their feedback here. Please read the introduction topic for details.
Forum rules
Please read the introduction topic for details.

My issues with FlightGear 3.6.0RC

Postby Bug Bunny » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:08 pm

I've just installed FlightGear-3.6.0-nightly-full.exe on my Win7 PC, old Flightgear folder was renamed to Flightgear~ and new version installed in Flightgear.
New launcher:
1) Asked me about data folder, I've guessed it is fgdata and I was right, please make it obvious in the launcher what folder should i select, this issue is probably related to my config and people who upgrade will see it too.
2) Default tab is always "settings", it does not remember my tab of choice. BTW: need more settings! :)
3) Aircraft tab: Height of the aircraft entries is fixed, but width of the image of an aircraft can be different and text is displaced a little to left or right, would be nice if pictures and text will be lined up/resized properly (height should be fixed as it is now).
4) I don't like Location tab at all (except runway selector - it is nice :) ). Partial search by ICAO is not working (like typing UK does not give me UKON, UKOO etc), I want to see my list of airports with descriptions like in old launcher, sortable. It was easy and nice in old launcher...
5) When I exit from the game it won't go back to the launcher (kinda unusual)
In game:
6) My config from 3.4/3.5 was not loaded automatically by 3.6 so I've set up everything again (there was crash after exit with jetway errors, so I resetuped everything yet again because it lost my changes).
7) Red building bug is present (I've discussed it with Thorsten earlier): viewtopic.php?f=37&t=25472#p233349
8) If I change airport in game when in Cessna's cockpit it silently throws me in "walker mode" (no text balloon) with me standing higher than the plane, but it is OK after some moves.
9) Cessna is very nice, it has much bigger CHECKLIST with lots of different modes, when I open menu with them (list of entries like Before starting, Take off etc) it is too big for my 19" 5:4 (which has huge height already), it would be nice to have arrows to move from one checklist to another without that troublesome menu selection.
10) "Use point sprites for runway lights" - please make it automatic, if it is not working properly on ATI cards turn it off automatically! (please! on/off/auto)
11) When I switch with alt+tab between simulator and other programs flightgear will change its mouse behaviour (TAB key). Really annoying.
12) Is that popup in the middle of the screen about "cycling mouse behaviour" is really necessary? How i suppose to fly with it blocking my view!? Could you move it somewhere else? or disable at all?
13) Some airplanes will not work yet (like 707).

So far I like it, but those issues should be mitigated. Will continue to test it some more. I will post updates here.
Last edited by Bug Bunny on Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bug Bunny

Version: 3.6.0RC

Re: My issues with FlightGear 3.6.0RC

Postby Thorsten » Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:21 am

I won't comment on the new launcher as I haven't actually seen it (my Linux version is compiled without).

In sim:

+ My config from 3.4/3.5 was not loaded automatically by 3.6 so I've set up everything again

That's intentional to prevent obsolete historic configuration settings messing up a new installation and making debugging virtually impossible - you'll have to re-configure for every new version number.

+ Red building bug is present (I've discussed it with Thorsten earlier)

In all rendering frameworks? I know Emilian did something ATI related for non-ALS, but I don't know whether that fixed anything

+ If I change airport in game when in Cessna's cockpit it silently throws me in "walker mode" (no text balloon)

Known and currently being dealt with - fix should hopefully come over the weekend.

+ Cessna is very nice, it has much bigger CHECKLIST with lots of different modes, when I open menu with them (list of entries like Before starting, Take off etc) it is too big for my 19" 5:4 (which has huge height already)

I would guess that screen resolution is what matters, no physical size of the display.

+ "Use point sprites for runway lights" - please make it automatic, if it is not working properly on ATI cards turn it off automatically! (please! on/off/auto)

Making things automatic would require information what works for what GPU architecture/driver - if we had that kind of detailed understanding of issues, we could probably make it work for every use case. I don't understand why it is problematic to take 20 minutes to try out rendering options and see which work on your system - they're archived and you never need to configure them again till the next version.

+ When I switch with alt+tab between simulator and other programs flightgear will change its mouse behaviour (TAB key). Really annoying.

I guess you can change key binding if you need to do that.

+ Is that popup in the middle of the screen about "cycling mouse behaviour" is really necessary? How i suppose to fly with it blocking my view!? Could you move it somewhere else? or disable at all?

There's a view option to disable it.

+ Some airplanes will not work yet (like 707).

Would need to be told to the maintainer with somewhat more details I guess. Is there a forum thread for the plane?
Thorsten

Postby Hooray » Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:52 am

if it is not working properly on ATI cards turn it off automatically! (please! on/off/auto)

Like Thorsten says, we need to have a better understanding to do this - however, it is certainly possible (even trivial) to automatically disable/enable featueres based on the detected GPU - for an example, refer to the rendering dialog and its Intel GMA related heuristics (showing the warning).
Please don't send support requests by PM, instead post your questions on the forum so that all users can contribute and benefit
Thanks & all the best,
Hooray
Help write next month's newsletter !
pui2canvas | MapStructure | Canvas Development | Programming resources
Hooray

Pronouns: THOU

Postby Bug Bunny » Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:55 am

I would guess that screen resolution is what matters, no physical size of the display.

Here it is what I mean https://i.imgur.com/DncKB4n.png , it is too long even for 1280*1024, it could probably fit in 1920*1200 mode. It is troublesome to use checklist with drop-up o_0 menu.
I guess you can change key binding if you need to do that.

Probably, but default one is very irritating, I can't switch between tasks with a keyboard, because it messes up FlightGear control modes.
Last edited by Bug Bunny on Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Bug Bunny

Postby Bug Bunny » Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:58 pm

In all rendering frameworks? I know Emilian did something ATI related for non-ALS, but I don't know whether that fixed anything

Just checked, in all rendering modes (ALS off and on), looks like this bug affects only when "random buildings" is "on".

//updated
Last edited by Bug Bunny on Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bug Bunny

Postby Bug Bunny » Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:42 pm

New issues:
14) It is a new bug: when "Random buildings" is "on": near my airport (UKON, heading 220deg) there is a white silhouette of the building in the middle of the river, but more funny, it could be hidden by changing shader settings, but it is loss-loss situation: white silhouette over the river or red building bug :D :mrgreen: No such issue in 3.4
Look for yourself: https://i.imgur.com/ewANCp8.jpg, now funny part: https://i.imgur.com/DUjv5oe.jpg, https://i.imgur.com/ZvdqbEt.jpg
15) New bug for ALS "on" (was not tested at "off") with custom shader settings: set Landmass to MAX and get this nice landscape: https://i.imgur.com/i6meqHe.png

My videocard is ATI Radeon 6870 with Catalyst 14.5 driver.
Bug Bunny

Postby Thorsten » Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:23 pm

15) New bug for ALS "on" (was not tested at "off") with custom shader settings: set Landmass to MAX and get this nice landscape: https://i.imgur.com/i6meqHe.png

There should be a shader compilation error in the log file going with that one - what is it?
Thorsten

Postby Bug Bunny » Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:10 pm

There should be a shader compilation error in the log file going with that one - what is it?

It is really strange but at that time it was reproducible (i will try hard to reproduce it again in full), now I only got small corruption with error about shader here:
Code: Select all
opengl:4:..\..\..\flightgear\src\Viewer\fg_os_osgviewer.cxx:193:Program "" infolog:
Vertex shader(s) failed to link, fragment shader(s) failed to link.
Vertex link error: INVALID_OPERATION.
ERROR: 0:57: error(#248) Function already has a body: main
ERROR: error(#273) 1 compilation errors.  No code generated

fragment link error: INVALID_OPERATION.
ERROR: 0:81: error(#248) Function already has a body: main
[...]
opengl:4:..\..\..\flightgear\src\Viewer\fg_os_osgviewer.cxx:193:FRAGMENT glCompileShader "D:/Games/FlightGear/fgdata/Shaders/agriculture-ALS.frag" FAILED

opengl:4:..\..\..\flightgear\src\Viewer\fg_os_osgviewer.cxx:193:FRAGMENT Shader "D:/Games/FlightGear/fgdata/Shaders/agriculture-ALS.frag" infolog:
Fragment shader failed to compile with the following errors:

opengl:4:..\..\..\flightgear\src\Viewer\fg_os_osgviewer.cxx:193:glLinkProgram "" FAILED

opengl:4:..\..\..\flightgear\src\Viewer\fg_os_osgviewer.cxx:193:Program "" infolog:
Fragment shader(s) were not successfully compiled before glLinkProgram() was called.  Link failed.

opengl:4:..\..\..\flightgear\src\Viewer\fg_os_osgviewer.cxx:193:glLinkProgram "" FAILED

Vertex shader(s) failed to link.
ERROR: 0:30: error(#248) Function already has a body: main

opengl:4:..\..\..\flightgear\src\Viewer\fg_os_osgviewer.cxx:193:FRAGMENT glCompileShader "D:/Games/FlightGear/fgdata/Shaders/water_sine.frag" FAILED

opengl:4:..\..\..\flightgear\src\Viewer\fg_os_osgviewer.cxx:193:FRAGMENT Shader "D:/Games/FlightGear/fgdata/Shaders/water_sine.frag" infolog:
ERROR: 0:139: error(#248) Function already has a body: main

Fragment shader(s) were not successfully compiled before glLinkProgram() was called.  Link failed.
Bug Bunny

Postby Bug Bunny » Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:45 pm

NEW:
16) Model shader setting set to MIN causes weird buildings bug: farther building is actually closer, look at those pics: https://i.imgur.com/v0XOuOD.jpg (bottom left, to the right on horizon is landscape MAX bug on some tile) and https://i.imgur.com/nJOqqKy.jpg (horizon).
17) Location -> Select airport, another weird walker bug is that when I choose another airport I end up outside WITHOUT the aircraft :twisted:, need Ctrl-V to mitigate this problem.
18) Location -> Position aircraft in air - set 2000ft and 10nm away from airport (speed before that does not matter), I end up OUTSIDE yet again and my Cessna starts practically at stall speed and drops furiously to the ground (every time I set it, no chance). :lol: :roll:
19) Probably not a bug: If you used "Location -> Position aircraft in air" and then do File -> Reset it will teleport you to a position stated in "Position aircraft", not to airport where you started.
20) Walk view and Walker orbiter shows somewhere at sea/ocean far away (i was unable to get a position, but it probably resets to some point far away).
21) Cessna autopilot in default roll mode tends to go to the right side if you do some experiments with views or settings (after the freezes), could be solved by reenabling AP.
22) Grass runway on winter scenery o_0 https://i.imgur.com/DP9nKdE.jpg / UKON
23) Shadow in a cockpit effect is cool and working, only one thing to check: https://i.imgur.com/wm9fKym.png - SUN is back and to the left, look at the instruments, do you see || || || shadow effect on some instruments (like equally space vertical wire shadows)? I'm not quite sure what thing exactly makes such shadows... main shadow is to the right.
24) Not sure if a bug
ai:3:..\..\..\flightgear\src\Traffic\TrafficMgr.cxx:577:finishing AI-Traffic init
ai:4:..\..\..\flightgear\src\Traffic\TrafficMgr.cxx:628:Traffic Manager Warning: found duplicate tailnumber BC-002 for AI aircraft
ai:4:..\..\..\flightgear\src\Traffic\TrafficMgr.cxx:628:Traffic Manager Warning: found duplicate tailnumber BC-002 for AI aircraft
ai:4:..\..\..\flightgear\src\Traffic\TrafficMgr.cxx:628:Traffic Manager Warning: found duplicate tailnumber G-ECOI for AI aircraft
ai:4:..\..\..\flightgear\src\Traffic\TrafficMgr.cxx:628:Traffic Manager Warning: found duplicate tailnumber G-ECOI for AI aircraft

25) One time i did a reset (Cessna in flight near UKON and did some experiments with moving/locations/recording) and simulator started to load it for a very long time (loading scenery), I gave up, log file was 14mb long with most of the entries like that:
flight:3:..\..\..\..\flightgear\src\FDM\JSBSim\JSBSim.cxx:1022: cur alt (ft) =  151.982
flight:3:..\..\..\..\flightgear\src\FDM\JSBSim\JSBSim.cxx:1054:FGJSBsim::set_Altitude: 151.982
flight:3:..\..\..\..\flightgear\src\FDM\JSBSim\JSBSim.cxx:1157:FGJSBsim::set_Euler_Angles: 0.00761828, 0.0529746, 0.889089
flight:3:..\..\..\..\flightgear\src\FDM\JSBSim\JSBSim.cxx:1157:FGJSBsim::set_Euler_Angles: 0.00761828, 0.0529748, 0.889089
flight:3:..\..\..\..\flightgear\src\FDM\JSBSim\JSBSim.cxx:1157:FGJSBsim::set_Euler_Angles: 0.00761828, 0.0529748, 0.889089
flight:3:..\..\..\..\flightgear\src\FDM\JSBSim\JSBSim.cxx:1095:FGJSBsim::set_Mach_number: 0.00630354
flight:3:..\..\..\..\flightgear\src\FDM\JSBSim\JSBSim.cxx:1071:FGJSBsim::set_V_calibrated_kts: 3.56651
flight:3:..\..\..\..\flightgear\src\FDM\JSBSim\JSBSim.cxx:1178:FGJSBsim::set_Climb_Rate: 2.34671e-005
flight:3:..\..\..\..\flightgear\src\FDM\JSBSim\JSBSim.cxx:1116:FGJSBsim::set_Velocities_Local: -2.78768e-005, -3.71895e-005, -2.33816e-005
flight:3:..\..\..\..\flightgear\src\FDM\JSBSim\JSBSim.cxx:1116:FGJSBsim::set_Velocities_Local: -2.78768e-005, -3.74153e-005, -2.33816e-005
flight:3:..\..\..\..\flightgear\src\FDM\JSBSim\JSBSim.cxx:1116:FGJSBsim::set_Velocities_Local: -2.78768e-005, -3.74153e-005, -2.34671e-005
flight:3:..\..\..\..\flightgear\src\FDM\JSBSim\JSBSim.cxx:1137:FGJSBsim::set_Velocities_Body: -4.52436e-005, -2.12711e-006, -2.58003e-005
flight:3:..\..\..\..\flightgear\src\FDM\JSBSim\JSBSim.cxx:1137:FGJSBsim::set_Velocities_Body: -4.53105e-005, -2.12711e-006, -2.58003e-005
flight:3:..\..\..\..\flightgear\src\FDM\JSBSim\JSBSim.cxx:1137:FGJSBsim::set_Velocities_Body: -4.53105e-005, -2.12711e-006, -2.58874e-005
flight:3:..\..\..\..\flightgear\src\FDM\JSBSim\JSBSim.cxx:1041:FGJSBsim::set_Longitude: 0.556879
flight:3:..\..\..\..\flightgear\src\FDM\JSBSim\JSBSim.cxx:1021:FGJSBsim::set_Latitude: 0.821189

26) File -> Load flight recorder tape, if you play some records you will see it is not honouring time of day when it was recorded, it uses current time for playback.
27) File -> Load flight recorder tape, when I press END replay (my cessna is at cruise speed) it disables the engine and while having nice speed it will go nose dive instantly and stoll and crash, note save is from 3.4. END replay function works strangely, in most of the cases it is impossible to regain controls on cessna.

Added new bugs to the list. Too much bugs. :twisted:
Last edited by Bug Bunny on Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
Bug Bunny

Postby Johan G » Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:31 am

Thorsten wrote in Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:21 am:
Bug Bunny wrote in Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:08 pm:+ My config from 3.4/3.5 was not loaded automatically by 3.6 so I've set up everything again

That's intentional to prevent obsolete historic configuration settings messing up a new installation and making debugging virtually impossible - you'll have to re-configure for every new version number.

There is a way around documented in the wiki section FlightGear configuration via XML#Adding your own settings. :wink: Basically you can add stuff to a separate configuration file that overrides "preferences.xml" when included using the option "--config=<Path to you config file>/<Your config file>.xml". That way you will only have have to makes small changes for things not compatible between the versions.

Thorsten wrote in Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:21 am:
Bug Bunny wrote in Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:08 pm:+ Cessna is very nice, it has much bigger CHECKLIST with lots of different modes, when I open menu with them (list of entries like Before starting, Take off etc) it is too big for my 19" 5:4 (which has huge height already)

I see from the screenshot below that it would work really bad for me. :| Note though that you can move around the dialog by holding the left mouse button over most parts of the dialog and drag it to where you want it. Unfortunately it seems that PUIs (the rather old user interface library's) widgets do not make use of the scroll wheel.

Bug Bunny wrote in Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:45 pm:22) Grass runway on winter scenery o_0 https://i.imgur.com/DP9nKdE.jpg / UKON

That is probably not all that weird. Grass runways on frozen ground are sometimes kept plowed and maintained in the winter. Only one or a few days of thawing could lay them bare while the surroundings would still be snow covered (see for example the 3rd picture here).
Low-level flying — It's all fun and games till someone looses an engine. (Paraphrased from a YouTube video)
Improving the Dassault Mirage F1 (Wiki, Forum, GitLab. Work in slow progress)
Some YouTube videos
Johan G

Callsign: SE-JG
IRC name: Johan_G
Version: 2020.3.4

Postby Thorsten » Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:52 am

It is really strange but at that time it was reproducible

You mean it is not?

The error log surely indicates something is quite messed up. The relevant lines are:

opengl:4:..\..\..\flightgear\src\Viewer\fg_os_osgviewer.cxx:193:FRAGMENT Shader "D:/Games/FlightGear/fgdata/Shaders/agriculture-ALS.frag" infolog:
(...)
opengl:4:..\..\..\flightgear\src\Viewer\fg_os_osgviewer.cxx:193:FRAGMENT glCompileShader "D:/Games/FlightGear/fgdata/Shaders/water_sine.frag" FAILED

As you can see, the first error refers to a shader of the ALS family whereas the second error does not - however, these two shaders come from different rendering frameworks and hence should never be compiled together.

The errors themselves refer to a dual declaration of a shader main body - which definitely isn't the case in any of the two files. The building thing is a z-buffering issue - part of the fixed pipeline functionality which we don't actually code - we just set a flag for the card to do it.

So - are we talking about a pristine setup (i.e. 3.6 RC with matching FGData, installed into empty space and not over some custom tweaked config)? I honestly can't come up with a scenario in which shaders from different rendering frameworks would be compiled together (also - water-sine hasn't changed in quite a while, so it's odd that it would suddenly be problematic).

14) It is a new bug: when "Random buildings" is "on": near my airport (UKON, heading 220deg) there is a white silhouette of the building in the middle of the river, but more funny, it could be hidden by changing shader settings, but it is loss-loss situation: white silhouette over the river or red building bug No such issue in 3.4

Again, this should go hand in hand with a shader compilation error. Also - does this happen in all frameworks, ALS only, at what quality level happens what? (I don't think anything has been done to the building vertex shader since 3.4 at all).

Is other 3d stuff not related to FG running for you properly? I find it strange that things which have not been modified cease to work and that for the last months there was no problem reported from any ATI user on the devel list and suddenly you see a whole bunch of weird issues all at once.

Just checked, in all rendering modes (ALS off and on), looks like this bug affects only when "random buildings" is "on".

Yes, this is a truism - random buildings can only appear red if they're there in the first place. If it occurs in all rendering modes, then Emilian's efforts seem to have failed and it seems unfixable. I can't reproduce it and I have no clue where to start looking for it without that.

As for the rest behavior and in-sim reposition, you can safely assume that this doesn't actually work right now (it breaks the whole effect framework just as well and my suggestion has actually been to remove to option from the menu).

23) Shadow in a cockpit effect is cool and working, only one thing to check: https://i.imgur.com/wm9fKym.png - SUN is back and to the left, look at the instruments, do you see || || || shadow effect on some instruments (like equally space vertical wire shadows)? I'm not quite sure what thing exactly makes such shadows... main shadow is to the right.

The shadow is a visual illusion and last time I checked the effect wasn't applied to the instrument faces at all - so there's nothing making a shadow on them, you're probably seeing something else.
Thorsten

Postby Thorsten » Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:00 am

That is probably not all that weird. Grass runways on frozen ground are sometimes kept plowed and maintained in the winter.

I guess someone could make a texture for it which shows brownish and icy grass.

Given that the whole set of winter textures is by now legacy since we can draw snow procedurally onto the terrain and since it doesn't agree with the regional schemes anyway but is rather Europe-centered, I don't see an urgent need, but if anyone wants to make the texture, I'll be happy to commit it.
Thorsten

Postby Thorsten » Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:25 am

Afterthought:

We need to organize that, sort genuine bugs from things you find odd and establish a flow of information. An ever-growing list of mixed issues will not lead anywhere.

Since rendering is my department, I'd like to focus on understanding this part. Well, ALS in particular. Please open a new thread for the terrain-goes-black thing, reporting the following information.

* start FG with --log-level=warn (this will print shader compilation errors directly to the console, so you see them when they occur and don't need to examine the log file)

* go to the default airport (say KSFO)

* start the sim with ALS on but lowest quality level for all shaders

-> are there any compilation errors, if so, which?

* set transition all the way to max. quality

-> do you see the terrain go black?

* set landmass all the way to max. quality

-> do you see the terrain go black, if so, do you see a compilation error to the console, if so, what is it?

If you didn't see the black terrain, repeat the exercise where you first observed this

-> do you see the terrain go black, if so, do you see a compilation error to the console, if so, what is it? What is the location (lat, lon)?
Thorsten

Postby Bug Bunny » Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:35 pm

It is really strange but at that time it was reproducible

You mean it is not?

Reproducible only partially, not all landscape is dark but only part of it.
As you can see, the first error refers to a shader of the ALS family whereas the second error does not

Maybe because I was switching in-game from ALS on to ALS off to test it.
So - are we talking about a pristine setup (i.e. 3.6 RC with matching FGData, installed into empty space and not over some custom tweaked config)?

Yes, into empty space with fgdata from the installer, however I did not remove old 3.4 config.
14) It is a new bug: when "Random buildings" is "on": near my airport (UKON, heading 220deg) there is a white silhouette of the building in the middle of the river, but more funny, it could be hidden by changing shader settings, but it is loss-loss situation: white silhouette over the river or red building bug No such issue in 3.4
Again, this should go hand in hand with a shader compilation error. Also - does this happen in all frameworks, ALS only, at what quality level happens what? (I don't think anything has been done to the building vertex shader since 3.4 at all).

It happens in ALS only, I use custom settings (not quality level), it happens when MODEL is set to MIN, changing other shader settings does not affect it.
BTW, when I set quality level to MAX, it seems it is not really at MAX level, because when I go to custom settings, some entries are not at MAX, like landmass, transition, is it supposed to be that way?
Pics of the weird house before house problem with settings: https://imgur.com/1xuSYbu,FbJ876S,FhGbqPT,Fe7agNA
First run ALS on / adjusting all custom shader settings:
Vertex shader(s) failed to link, fragment shader(s) failed to link.
ERROR: 0:57: error(#248) Function already has a body: main
fragment link error: INVALID_OPERATION.
ERROR: 0:81: error(#248) Function already has a body: main

Second run ALS on / adjusting all custom shader settings:
opengl:4:..\..\..\flightgear\src\Viewer\fg_os_osgviewer.cxx:193:FRAGMENT glCompileShader "D:/Games/FlightGear/fgdata/Shaders/agriculture-ALS.frag" FAILED
[...]
opengl:4:..\..\..\flightgear\src\Viewer\fg_os_osgviewer.cxx:193:FRAGMENT glCompileShader "D:/Games/FlightGear/fgdata/Shaders/water-ALS-base.frag" FAILED
opengl:4:..\..\..\flightgear\src\Viewer\fg_os_osgviewer.cxx:193:FRAGMENT Shader "D:/Games/FlightGear/fgdata/Shaders/water-ALS-base.frag" infolog:
ERROR: 0:147: error(#248) Function already has a body: main
[...]

Is other 3d stuff not related to FG running for you properly?

Yes, I have lots of games.
The shadow is a visual illusion and last time I checked the effect wasn't applied to the instrument faces at all - so there's nothing making a shadow on them, you're probably seeing something else.

It looks like big grid (horizontal and vertical as well), but it is hard to see on a screenshot, but good when in movement when sun is behind.
Afterthought: We need to organize tha

I agree, I will make additional topic here.
Bug Bunny

Postby Bug Bunny » Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:43 pm

NEW:
28) It seems that if I run new FlightGear launcher, make some changes (airport, settings), but quit after that, this changes will not be saved.
29) Random houses observation when ALS is off: setting Model to MIN (custom settings) will hide random houses, but if you lower Generic to MIN they will reappear again, three pics https://imgur.com/P9OYrMG,ZtspSR5,YHjga42
Bug Bunny

Next

Return to Release candidates