Board index FlightGear Support Graphics

Scenery

Graphics issues like: bad framerates, weird colors, OpenGL errors etc. Bad graphics ar usually the result of bad graphics cards or drivers.
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- what graphics card do you have?
- does the problem occur with any aircraft, at any airport?
- is there any output printed to the console (black window)?
- copy&paste your commandline (tick the "Show commandline box on the last page of FGRun or the "Others" section on the Mac launcher).
- please upload a screenshot of the problem.

If you experience FlightGear crashes, please report a bug using the issue tracker (can be also used for feature requests).
To run FlightGear on old computers with bad OpenGL support, please take a look at this wiki article. If you are seeing corrupted/broken textures, please see this article.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

Scenery

Postby legoboyvdlp » Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:23 pm

Hi guys....
I have my paths in FGRUN set with my data/Scenery-bikefix (which is the proper location for my Caracas Scenery!!! It should not be in the TerraSync folder but in data/Scenery or as in my case where I have it!!!) folder set ABOVE terrasync.
I went to Caracas today, and with TERRASYNC OFF!!!!! it showed me the Terrasync version....
I repeat, Scenery above Terrasync, TerraSync off, it showed me the terrasync version!!!!
Using latest 3.7 nightly

Also, I had to rename data/Scenery to /Scenery-bikefix/ to fix an issue that whenever I loaded at the motorbike scenery, it always just used the old scenery, and in the terrasync log it mentioned syncing to data/scenery....
TerraSync was on, Terrasync was above data/Scenery....

I managed to get the data/Scenery-bikefix scenery showing by pressing on data/Scenery-bikefix so it was blue in the fgrun paths box......
IDK why.
It might be a bug, it might be a feature... any help or tips?
legoboyvdlp

Callsign: G-LEGO
Version: next

Re: Scenery

Postby someguy » Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:03 am

In the launcher, delete the reference to the Terrasync folder. If you haven't put it someplace weird, FG can find it without your help. At least, this worked for me in 3.5.
someguy

Version: 2019.1.1

Postby legoboyvdlp » Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:21 am

I think I fixed it- I dont know how.
legoboyvdlp

Callsign: G-LEGO
Version: next

Postby wkitty42 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:18 am

someguy wrote in Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:03 am:In the launcher, delete the reference to the Terrasync folder. If you haven't put it someplace weird, FG can find it without your help. At least, this worked for me in 3.5.

one only needs to reverse the order of the terrasync folder and the others to have the custom scenery show instead of the terrasync version... no need to delete the terrasync reference if one is using that to display their terrasync downloaded terrain when terrasync is turned off...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Return to Graphics