Board index FlightGear Development Scenery

EDDI 2.0 Berlin-Tempelhof

Questions and discussion about enhancing and populating the FlightGear world.

Re: EDDI 2.0 Berlin-Tempelhof

Postby hamzaalloush » Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:18 pm

legoboyvdlp wrote in Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:03 pm:Looked at yours, and wow! Some rig! Selfbuild or what?

yeah, i collected parts over the years, started with a GTS 450, then upgraded to a GTX 650 Ti, then added an I7-4770k that required a different socket for the CPU, so i got the H87-HD3 which was pretty cheap to install it.

the funny thing is, i never run FG on it :D it is used mainly as the living room PC where i start Steam Big Picture to play when my small niece comes over with some games with controller.

i use a 4-year old laptop to test/compile FG that's not very powerfull, but that's ok, as i don't do much flying around, i'm mainly interested in development. that's why i told you if you were nearby, i have the spare graphic cards still, it's a shame your on the other part of the world :D
hamzaalloush

Postby wkitty42 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:10 am

legoboyvdlp wrote in Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:21 pm:Ok, so my pc is c*** so I think I might get 8fps, which I can live with. I got 13 at tegel.of course old scenery, new fg.

i can't say that... i've never had better than 5 fps and things are quite smooth and easy for me... but it kinda (on the low side) makes me wonder what i've really been missing... so far, i haven't found much other than the layered painting on the walls of the grand canyon... aside from there? nope.. not much, really...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby fmg » Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:21 am

wkitty42 wrote in Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:10 am:makes me wonder what i've really been missing... so far, i haven't found much other than the layered painting on the walls of the grand canyon... aside from there? nope.. not much, really...

For me it's a bit like traveling in real life. I'm interested in the character of the location where I arrive and I'm found it disappointing if the world looks allover like the same desert after you had landed.
If you look at the screenshots posted in the media forum lots of folks are quite happy flying across the countryside. But there are also lots which like to have a detailed scenery. LOWI airport inspired me much and lots of folks like that. Watching cities from above I found most exciting in real life too.
And now since we have the walker such places make sense. He needs something to explore. And for me it's also fun to drive trough the scenery by car sometimes.
The possible frame rate impact was one of the reasons why I never put the old approach-lights of 27L into the TerraSync repository. Now when I offer a download everyone can choose what he wants.
For me it's one of the strengths of FG that you can use and develop it the way you want. Hope there is room for all of us in the FG world. :wink:

f-)
fmg

Callsign: fotomas
Version: 2

Postby MIG29pilot » Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:26 pm

Let's do a celebratory Berlin airlift when it's done!
MIG29pilot

Callsign: MIG29pilot
Version: 2020.1.3

Postby fmg » Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:27 pm

MIG29pilot wrote in Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:26 pm:Let's do a celebratory Berlin airlift when it's done!

OK

Just added a new livery for this propose to the livery database.

Enjoy!

f-)
fmg

Postby massima » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:42 am

fmg wrote in Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:27 pm:Just added a new livery for this propose to the livery database.

Enjoy!

f-)

I love this plane :P , where can i grab your livery?
I cannot find it at http://liveries.flightgear.org.
Thank you
massima

Callsign: M-AXX
Version: 2020.4.0

Postby fmg » Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:18 am

massima wrote in Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:42 am:I love this plane :P , where can i grab your livery?
I cannot find it at http://liveries.flightgear.org.
Thank you

It should be available in the livery database when they gets updated next time. Sometime this takes a few days.
If you can't wait so long you also can grab it here: EATS 5951

Enjoy!

f-)
fmg

Postby massima » Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:34 am

Done, thank you :wink: !
massima

Callsign: M-AXX
Version: 2020.4.0

Postby gooneybird » Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:35 pm

fmg wrote in Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:27 pm:
Just added a new livery for this propose to the livery database.

f-)

Now that's a nice looking livery :D
My Github repository (mostly AI stuff) https://github.com/gooneybird47
gooneybird

Postby fmg » Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:38 am

gooneybird wrote in Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:35 pm:Now that's a nice looking livery :D

Thanks a lot Gonney :!:

Back to the Tempelhof scenery.
Just to give you a small preview, here some more pics.
Have had the hope to have the download finished for my next post, but a lot of RL stuff came in the way.
Now all the buildings at the railroad property are modeled.
And I made a first huge step with the texture. Managed to create the rails. Thats pretty rough yet and there is a lot of refinement still to do.
So this is how it looks like today:

Enjoy!

f-)
fmg

Postby Catalanoic » Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:19 am

These buildings need textures, but looks nice! I'll travel to Berlin in august
EDIT: Are your ground phototextures GPLed? Where can I find more? Only in Berlin? Thanks
Catalanoic

Callsign: Catalanoic
Version: 2017.3

Postby Katielucie » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:56 am

Hello! :)

I’m a French student getting a Master degree in Interior Architecture at ENSAV La Cambre in Brussels and I’m doing my final thesis on Berlin Tempelhof’s airport now Germany largest refugee camp.
Looking for some informations about the building and his past on internet and in publications, I found out you did the 3D of the Berlin Tempelhof’! I am really interested to know if maybe I could get it so I can understand a little better spaces inside de buildings. I’m organizing my travel and my volunteering at Tempelhof camp but wanted to get a chance to know better the building before going !!

Thanks a lot!
Best,

Anne-Catherine
Katielucie

Postby pommesschranke » Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:38 pm

In Flightgear you can fly around and through the building with the ufo, or drive with a car or walk with the walker(included in c172p aircraft). But only the outside walls are visible. The inside is not modelled or textured.

download & preview:

https://scenery.flightgear.org/app.php? ... iew&id=121
pommesschranke

Callsign: d-laser
IRC name: laserman
Version: git

Postby Ger272 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:59 pm

Hey guys,
where can I find a donwload link for the latest EDDI Version (as seen in the post from Jun 29, 2010)?

Cheers,
Max
Ger272 HQ-Liveries on request:
A350, A320, A380 and Transall
Ger272

Callsign: LH390/ BER4EVR
Version: 2020.3.8

Postby fmg » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:19 pm

Hi Max,

thanks allot for your interest in EDDI.
Maybe you are mistaken by the date I joined the forum? This was Jun 29, 2010.
This EDDI thread was started at Sat Feb 18, 2012.

The project is on hold, due to the fact that my system is no longer supported by FG and lots of RL trouble.
Some parts, that were finished before, are in terrasync and some parts you can download. All the download links in this thread should still be functional. It runs well here with FG 2.0 but is probably no more compatible with the nowadays versions I'm afraid. Can't test this here.
I worked on this scenery for quite some years but wonder if it make sense to go on anymore for me. If you read the thread you can see that some people have problems to fly in Berlin because of low frame-rates, even with the actual scenery there with quite few objects. Since I can't run an actual FG here I also have no clue if it will be running properly with it. Even with the each newer versions I can run here (up to FG 3.2) more and more things get broken and I was no more able to get this fixed.
The model of the main building needs lots of work to be finished and optimized. But it is far beyond all limits for the terrasync repository (over 3 MB). And since it was one of my earlier models it needs lots of cleanup to reduce size. So if I would push more of these heavy stuff to terrasync it probably might become impossible to fly in Berlin for most users. For me this doesn't make sense. Therefore I put download links for the later finished objects for people with strong machines. So each one can decide.
With my old FG 2.0.0 I have frame-rates around 15 but with the newer versions that I can run here and scenery 2.0 I only got only around 7 fps which isn't fun anymore. Also lots of new problems arises with scenery 2.0 due to different ground elevations.
FG is making great steps but sadly I can't follow anymore. :cry:
Maybe I will work on this to lead it to an end in future*, but at the moment there isn't time for this anyway.
So check out the download links in the thread and have fun. Hope it works for you.

Best regards

f-)

*as a rather small step I made an Berlin S-Bahn train a few weeks ago. https://forum.flightgear.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=29743&start=930&sid=0eee047c1aa2c83c3ff40f78fde644ba&sid=0eee047c1aa2c83c3ff40f78fde644ba#p320926

grounded...
fmg

PreviousNext

Return to Scenery