Board index FlightGear Development New features

drone simulation project

Discussion and requests for new features. Please note that FlightGear developers are volunteers and may or may not be able to consider these requests.

drone simulation project

Postby elodie » Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:49 am

Hello
I plan to make a FlightGear simulator, this simulator has the distinction of being divided into two computers. One will calculate the drone FDM and the other will display the instrument (the ground station).
I did some research in the source code and saw that we had 6 classes, updated successively SGsubsystem :: INIT, SGsubsystem :: GENERAL :: SGsubsystem FDM SGsubsystem :: POST_FDM, SGsubsystem :: DISPLAY, SGsubsystem :: SOUND. In those classes are other subsystems or are data that can be found in the property tree.

I am close (I hope) to understood, but if not where are my mistakes?

For my simulator I need to do real-time, it’s why I need to know how all the data are scheduled.
I want to know if those classes are all updated in the same tick or if each is updated in a different tick. Or tell me where I can found this information.
For my project I want a PC that calls only INIT and FDM, and the other INIT, SOUND, GENERAL and DISPLAY. It’s why I want to know how this is scheduled.

Thank you
elodie

Re: drone simulation project

Postby MIG29pilot » Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:25 pm

elodie wrote in Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:49 am:Hello
I plan to make a FlightGear simulator,

I assume you mean a stationary cockpit with real controls, like they use to train pilots?
MIG29pilot

Callsign: MIG29pilot
Version: 2020.1.3

Re: drone simulation project

Postby elodie » Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:53 am

Yes
elodie

Return to New features