Board index FlightGear Development

Why is my post rejected from devel list?  Topic is solved

FlightGear is opensource, so you can be the developer. In the need for help on anything? We are here to help you.
Forum rules
Core development is discussed on the official FlightGear-Devel development mailing list.

Bugs can be reported in the bug tracker.

Why is my post rejected from devel list?

Postby Necolatis » Sun May 31, 2015 12:58 pm

I posted a mail to the devel list, it got rejected.

I thought that might be because I have to subscribe to it first. I then subscribed.

Made a post, it got rejected without reason. It was not spam or anything, I never posted to the list before.

What have I done wrong?
"Airplane travel is nature's way of making you look like your passport photo."
— Al Gore
Necolatis

Callsign: Leto
IRC name: Neco
Version: 2020.3.19

Re: Why is my post rejected from devel list?

Postby wkitty42 » Sun May 31, 2015 4:15 pm

when you subscribed, did you also do the confirmation thing?
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby Necolatis » Sun May 31, 2015 4:31 pm

Yes, and I got the welcome message.
— Al Gore
Necolatis

Postby wkitty42 » Sun May 31, 2015 4:49 pm

was the rejection message you received really a rejection or simply a note that a moderator or list-owner needed to approved the post first? i just joined yesterday, got my welcome post and at least one regular post on the list (about the naming of the c172p-detailed)... i've not tried to post to the list, yet, and i haven't checked my email yet this morning...

[clickity click]

i've now just pulled my email and there's one post, since yesterday, in the dev list in response to juan's post mentioned above... i don't see anything from you but your post may not have been approved yet if that's what the problem is...

i just had another thought... you sent your post to "flightgear-devel :at: lists.sourceforge.net" and not the one with "-request" in it right?

email munged for obvious reasons
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby curt » Sun May 31, 2015 5:04 pm

The mailing lists are conduits for an amazing number of spam attempts. To protect list subscribers we require that people be subscribed to the list before they can post. Also be aware that you have to be subscribed with the address you post from. This catches some people because we live in a world where a lot of us have multiple email addresses we juggle (or a mail server might rewrite your from address on the fly.) In addition, new subscribers start out as moderated to catch situations where people sign up for the sole purpose of posting spam (which happens a lot on the forum as well.)

The list forum admins try to catch legit postings by new users to forward them along, and we try to manually unmoderate legit email address as we see them. But because of the high volume of spam that attempts to flow through the mailing lists, sometimes the legit stuff gets missed in all the noise.

Necolatis: I've unmoderated your devel list subscription so go ahead and see if you can get your post through now.

Best regards,

Curt.
curt
Administrator

Postby Necolatis » Sun May 31, 2015 5:16 pm

Thanks Curt. :)
— Al Gore
Necolatis

Return to Development