Board index FlightGear Support 3rd Party Repositories

Cloning fgdata with GIT submodules

Re: Cloning fgdata with GIT submodules

Postby IAHM-COL » Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:18 pm

well... I don't know much about the fine tuning of FDMs here.

HerbyW was working for about 4 months in his shuttle, when Thorsten thought that he was more qualified to do a better job. So he "took the project out of HerbyW's hand"

They seem unable to reach common grounds, so all I can wish, is for the best of both projects. And consider both are valid, acceptable and enjoyable.

In your position, Thorsten should step away, and respect that HerbyW was already working on the shuttle. So, what can we do?

Or accept that Thorsten can pull HerbyW away, because Thorsten has written priviledges on FGAddon, while HerbyW does not?

IH-COL
Last edited by Gijs on Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:35 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Reason: Remove personal attacks
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it? Probably not, because if they don’t recognise their freedoms, they’ll let their freedoms fall
IAHM-COL
Retired

Callsign: HK-424D or ICAO4243
Version: 3.7-git

Postby wkitty42 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:19 pm

whoa! i'm not getting into the middle of that battle... i know only what i read about the two models... please don't drag that battle around...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby IAHM-COL » Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:20 pm

There is not such battle here.
There are two shuttles.

It is either 2 shuttles or a battle. And I preffer that there are two shuttles. A viable option. And both can end up being great planes, and look for a common place where they are not incompatible, and hopefully both get incorporated in the official FGAddon soon.

Is like the thing about Chocolates.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it? Probably not, because if they don’t recognise their freedoms, they’ll let their freedoms fall
IAHM-COL
Retired

Postby IAHM-COL » Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:00 pm

FGDATA Next with Submodules:: New Submodules

Hi All

Two new submodules are now included in the FGDATA next with submodules and available in FGMEMBERS

One is one of the Blimp work by Anders G.: ZNP-K :: https://github.com/FGMEMBERS/ZNP-K
The other one is a new uptake on the fantastic MiG-29:: https://github.com/FGMEMBERS/MiG-29_9-12

Additional updates on FGMEMBERs aircraft had also been committed and pushed.

Enjoy, and have fun flying
IH-COL

Last edited by IAHM-COL on Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IAHM-COL
Retired

Postby IAHM-COL » Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:04 pm

@AndersG

Dear Anders

From your signature I have taken the addresses of your blimp repos in gitorious, and I had merged these with previous commit histories from the old FGDATA and also merged them with the commit history in the Subversion FGAddon.

The resulting merged repos can be found in FGMEMBERS:

https://github.com/FGMEMBERS/ZLT-NT
https://github.com/FGMEMBERS/Nordstern
https://github.com/FGMEMBERS/Short_Empire
https://github.com/FGMEMBERS/ZNP-K

Also, note in my previous notification I added your additional Blimp (ZNP-K) not previously available in FGDATA, as a submodule.

I am certain you are aware that gitorious is closing doors really soon. Allow me to extend you an invitation to join us in FGMEMBERS to continue your fantastic development of lighter than cold-air aircraft ;)

Thanks for all the work
IAHM-COL
Retired

Postby AndersG » Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:17 pm

IAHM-COL wrote in Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:04 pm:I am certain you are aware that gitorious is closing doors really soon. Allow me to extend you an invitation to join us in FGMEMBERS to continue your fantastic development of lighter than cold-air aircraft ;)

Thanks for all the work

Thank you. I know gitorious is closing and have already moved my repositories to my account at GitHub: http://github.com/andgi.
Last edited by AndersG on Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Callsign: SE-AG
Aircraft (uhm...): Submarine Scout, Zeppelin NT, ZF Navy free balloon, Nordstern, Hindenburg, Short Empire flying-boat, ZNP-K, North Sea class, MTB T21 class, U.S.S. Monitor, MFI-9B, Type UB I submarine, Gokstad ship, Renault FT.
AndersG

Callsign: SE-AG

Postby IAHM-COL » Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:18 pm

great. I will redirect the upstream then :D
Best,
IH-COL

I may dare to petition you update your signature? :D
IAHM-COL
Retired

Postby IAHM-COL » Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:20 pm

Wow
AndersG
So many additional aircraft I can add as submodules

It's like Christmass in April! :D
Thousand thanks!! :O :D
IAHM-COL
Retired

Postby IAHM-COL » Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:07 pm

First automatic Merge of SVN branch into FGMEMBERS git succesful! :D

Dear All,
I am happy to announce that I have fully merged the Subversion FGAddon repository into the FGMEMBERS github per-Aircraft repository

The complete merge now prevents lack of common commits, and makes every repository on FGMEMBERs being able to merge new commits downstreams in the classical git merge way (as oppose of the git rebase or cherry-pick)

git merging is much preferable because of its standardized control of versioning conflicts checking that allow to keep the updating of SVN commits into FGMEMBERS cleanly.

It also allows us to maintain a thruthful commit history, properly authored, and allow us to identify commits merged from SVN in each merge step.

It is very neat, and now allow everyone using FGMEMBERs to also use git svn to interact with subversion clones of FGAddon in a per-Aircraft structure.

Last, update brings us up to date with SVN revision 568

Have fun developing
IHCOL
IAHM-COL
Retired

Postby IAHM-COL » Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:21 am

New Submodules

@ALL

Thanks to Anders G for make fligthgear float. After his seminal work on Blimps and aerostat, the legendary Anders G has produced now some interesting Flightgear "Aircrafts" that are actually not airborn, but floating, and it joins the Automobile (Kombi), and the several motorcycles by Mark Kraus in the collection of special mobiles for Flightgear.

We can now enjoy the following submodules:

Code: Select all
Aircraft/Gokstad
Aircraft/Monitor
Aircraft/MTB_20m
Aircraft/UB_I

And an additional propeller aircraft by Anders G also added as a submodule,

Aircraft/MFI-9

Thanks Anders for your fantastic work, and generously working on GPL,

Everyone, Have fun developing, and maybe not only flying, but navigating in all sense of the word.

Best,
IH-COL
IAHM-COL
Retired

Postby IAHM-COL » Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:27 am

New Branches

Work by HerbyW, that I am proud to present, now introduced alternative versions on two russian Aircrafts:

* Antonov 12 : https://github.com/FGMEMBERS/Antonov-An-12/tree/herbyw
* Antonov 22: https://github.com/FGMEMBERS/Antonov-An-22/tree/herbyw

For those using FGDATA NEXT with submodules, the default checkout now updates on this alternative versions, so you can enjoy the bleeding edge of the fantastic and highly detailed work by HerbyW.

git pull

Should suffice for the update to herbyw branch if you are using FGDATA with submodules

If you want to test|checkout the original master work by Helijah, you will need to do

Example::
git pull
cd Aircraft/Antonov-An-12
git checkout master

PS: By personal communication with HerbyW, he will be probably isolating these works with a new Aircraft folder name, so they will become their own submodules instead. But since we like to live in the bleeding edge, well, lets enjoy early, test soon!
IAHM-COL
Retired

Postby IAHM-COL » Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:29 am

NEW Submodule

Now a new version of the Cessna 150, with bush tires and a turbo engine, By Lester Boffo

Aircraft/C150Turbo

Thanks!
IAHM-COL
Retired

Postby IAHM-COL » Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:39 am

FGDATA NEXT with submodules updated to SVN Revision 583

That's it :D
IAHM-COL
Retired

Postby IAHM-COL » Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:41 pm

NEW SUBMODULE! :D

Hi All

Work by Jwocky, now we track a new spin of the B767
The JWOCKY Workshop! :D

Thanks for your work, and I wish to see a future Pegasus to fly! :P

IH-COL
IAHM-COL
Retired

Postby Jabberwocky » Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:45 pm

I have hidden kind of 120% of the Pegasus in the workshop, I need only to play with the drogues more and bring them in the menu and switch the antenna off. Still, I will probably I clone the model.xml for different liveries.
Jabberwocky
Retired

Callsign: JWOCKY
Version: 3.0.0

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd Party Repositories