Board index FlightGear Development New features

GUI MAP

Discussion and requests for new features. Please note that FlightGear developers are volunteers and may or may not be able to consider these requests.

GUI MAP

Postby rustyr0824 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:09 pm

HI I was over at Support/Atlas which I never got working but one over there got gup\map working for me.
But I don't have an actual airplane on the map, even though it's acting like it's tracking one.
Would anyone know why I don't see an actual plane.
Thanks
FG 3.2.0
Win 8.1 / 64 bit
Rusty
rustyr0824

Re: GUI MAP

Postby legoboyvdlp » Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:20 pm

What exactly is gui map?
legoboyvdlp

Callsign: G-LEGO
Version: next

Postby rustyr0824 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:27 pm

It's cool. Look at my long posting in Support / Atlas. It is OSM or Open Street Map. I thing. Typing this on phone. I could not get Atlas working and was directed over to GUI map. It has weather overlays and isobars too. My only issue is that it is not showing my plane. Even though its acting like it should be showing it. If I drag and move the map and then click on the center view on plane icon. It does just that. I just don't see an actual plane. Like Atlas would show a red cross. I should see something similar or maybe a little plane. So more investigating is warranted. Or maybe simply a reboot would help. I just know I can remove Atlas cause I can't get it working the way it should be working. Rusty
rustyr0824

Postby Hooray » Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:29 am

he's probably referring to the browser-based map served via http (i.e. the built-in mongoose httpd)
Please don't send support requests by PM, instead post your questions on the forum so that all users can contribute and benefit
Thanks & all the best,
Hooray
Help write next month's newsletter !
pui2canvas | MapStructure | Canvas Development | Programming resources
Hooray

Pronouns: THOU

Postby pommesschranke » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:49 am

I never had this issue. My plane is big red and the other players and AI planes are smaller and also red.

did you click on the plane icon in the top-right of the map ?
maybe try a different browser.
pommesschranke

Callsign: d-laser
IRC name: laserman
Version: git

Postby rustyr0824 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:54 pm

I was directed to look in the web/gui/data folder and the pink plane appears there, just not on the map.
Yup I have tried clicking on everything.
I guess my next task would be to run off Webroot, maybe it's blocking something.
I'm running IE, guess I can try firefox to see if it's different.
Thanks for the tips.
rustyr0824

Return to New features