Board index FlightGear Development Scenery

Terragear, compilation errors-warnings  Topic is solved

Questions and discussion about enhancing and populating the FlightGear world.

Re: Terragear, compilation errors-warnings

Postby psadro_gm » Sun Nov 16, 2014 2:36 am

It maybe just a 32/64 bit issue with the errors. On fedora 20 with 64 bit compile, I have 0 warnings here. There are build issues with newer CGAL (4.4 and 4.5). I have fixes for this, but I don't have genapt in a state I can commit yet.
8.50 airport parser, textured roads and streams...
psadro_gm

IRC name: psadro_*
Version: git

Postby kuifje09 » Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:18 pm

Thanks for the reaction Psadro_gm,

I checked my cgal, it is version 4.2. so that must be fine?

Then I am left with still 2 questions :

1: Why does in the "download elevation files" fgx.ch leads to some nike sports web page ?

2: Is there a way to solve this error , IF it is a problem ?
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'CGAL::Uncertain_conversion_exception'
what(): Undecidable conversion of CGAL::Uncertain<T>

Maybe I can get it running on my 32 bits system then ?

Or would it be better to forget it to create airports on my system, and wait for the correction of the weg-gen-page ?
kuifje09

Postby psadro_gm » Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:11 pm

The web page was setup for just this reason. terragear tools are not exactly the most robust :) Building them can be a challenge, and getting useful output is just as hard.

I have no idea what fgx.ch is :)

As for the CGAL exception, I haven't seen it, either. I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with CGAL. It does what it's supposed to really well, but it takes forever to figure out how to tell it what you want to do, and as it's a highly templetized library, gcc is very unforgiving when it encounters errors during compilation. One mistake can cause pages of compiler errors.

4 years ago, I did state that it would be nice to get the tools into a more 'user friendly' state. Unfortunately, my priorities have shifted - first to getting them robust enough for corrine and OSM - the toolchain used to create ws 1.0 would crash on just about every tile with the more detailed shapefiles.

Now, I'm looking at changing the tools to support more LOD so users with lower end (32 bit) machines can use the more detailed scenery.

User friendliness, and support for windows, 32 bit, etc have dropped to very low priority, as the server that Martin uses when generating the official scenery is well known to me.

Hence, this is the reason we went to the web page setup. There was also some ideas for a VM, but that would still require a 64 bit host.
Also, remember, the web page is only used to validate airport layouts, not generate scenery. As far as I know, it only runs genapts. ie, you'll never get surrounding terain or elevation.

Pete
psadro_gm

Postby f-ojac » Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:37 am

This is fully correct.
--
If you want to support my Terrasync server, hosted on a private server, you can donate here: http://ns334561.ip-5-196-65.eu/WS2.0/WS ... 2.0.1.html
f-ojac

Version: GIT

Postby kuifje09 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:08 pm

Thanks for the reactions Psadro_gm. It make a lot more clear.
And I know is is not an easy task to get it all up and running.

The best thing I think for me is to get my system into 64bit-mode.
Then I can try again, with more luck !

Altough I can some updated airportlayouts and test them using the web-gen. At least I know now why the elevation is wrong.

Thanks.
Wim.
kuifje09

Postby psadro_gm » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:30 pm

One more comment about airports. I am currently working on moving all airport markings into their own .btg file.

This will be a small benefit to airport designers, in that if you only modify the markings, you won't need to update the airport.btg or surrounding terrain. You will just need to overwrite the old icao_lines.btg with the new.

Changes to airport pavement, however, would still need full generation.

I hope to have this in in a couple months.

Pete
psadro_gm

Previous

Return to Scenery