Board index FlightGear Support Graphics

Lost airport scenery

Graphics issues like: bad framerates, weird colors, OpenGL errors etc. Bad graphics ar usually the result of bad graphics cards or drivers.
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- what graphics card do you have?
- does the problem occur with any aircraft, at any airport?
- is there any output printed to the console (black window)?
- copy&paste your commandline (tick the "Show commandline box on the last page of FGRun or the "Others" section on the Mac launcher).
- please upload a screenshot of the problem.

If you experience FlightGear crashes, please report a bug using the issue tracker (can be also used for feature requests).
To run FlightGear on old computers with bad OpenGL support, please take a look at this wiki article. If you are seeing corrupted/broken textures, please see this article.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

Lost airport scenery

Postby gfox1 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:07 pm

After downloading scenery squares of USA I no longer see buildings at airport KLAS and strip at Las Vegas. What did I do wrong?
gfox1

Re: Lost airport scenery

Postby Johan G » Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:47 am

It sound like the scenery you downloaded have a higher priority than the more detailed scenery you had.

If you are using Windows and are using FGRun/the launcher/the wizard, go to the first page, the very first page. You will see a number of paths If you look at the scenery paths to different things used by FlightGear. Make sure that the tiles you downloaded had the lowest priority, being at the very bottom of the scenery paths.

Hope that helps.
Low-level flying — It's all fun and games till someone looses an engine. (Paraphrased from a YouTube video)
Improving the Dassault Mirage F1 (Wiki, Forum, GitLab. Work in slow progress)
Johan G

Callsign: SE-JG
IRC name: Johan_G
Version: 3.0.0

Postby gfox1 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:58 pm

Ok I tried that. I put flightgear\terrasync first than flightgear\scenery than flightgear\data\scenery, but that didn't work. Could I Have inadvertently deleted that file and how can it be restored?
gfox1

Postby wlbragg » Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:49 pm

put flightgear\terrasync first than flightgear\scenery than flightgear\data\scenery, but that didn't work.

I think terrasync should have the models with it.
In Menu File/Scenery Download do you have "Download Other Data Files" checked?
If so try exiting the sim, delete terragear data, remove all scenery paths except terragear from first tab in fgrun, restart, then go to Las Vegas again and let it re-download the data.
Beware: if you do this and you have a bunch of terragear data you will be deleting it all.
Kansas(2-27-15)/Ohio/Midwest scenery development.
KEQA (2-27-15), 3AU, KRCP Airport Layout
wlbragg

Callsign: WC2020
Version: next

Return to Graphics