Board index FlightGear Development Aircraft

Bombardier CRJ700 series/CRJ900 replacement

Questions and discussion about creating aircraft. Flight dynamics, 3d models, cockpits, systems, animation, textures.

Re: Bombardier CRJ700 series/CRJ900 replacement

Postby legoboyvdlp » Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:08 am

180 knots
legoboyvdlp

Callsign: G-LEGO
Version: next

Postby spencer.james » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:09 pm

Hi all

First things first, I love this aircraft, have been flying it a few weeks and slowly getting to grips with the basics.

However, I am a bit stuck with one thing which may be my fault, or may be a bug my end.

When I land, the rear wheels make contact, I reduce thrust on the engines so that the nose dips, but the moment the wheels make contact with the runway, they turn full left, meaning that the aircraft shoots off to the left off the runway and goes around in a circle rather than slow down and come to a stop.

Any ideas what is going wrong? I'm landing at 140kts, is that too fast?

Thanks in advance. :)
spencer.james

Callsign: ErinAir
Version: 3.4

Postby legoboyvdlp » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:19 pm

Check CRJ-700-family menu > Tiller Steering or rudder :D
legoboyvdlp

Callsign: G-LEGO

Postby spencer.james » Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:22 pm

Thank you legoboyvdlp. Will give that a look later on! :D
ErinAir

Project Ireland - Republic of and Northern Ireland Airports - http://forum.flightgear.org/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=26292 - Coming soon
spencer.james

Callsign: ErinAir
Version: 3.4

Postby jsb » Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:45 pm

Hi,
I really like the CRJ700 family. Some days ago I tried to co-pilot (dual-control) with a friend and found a problem in Nasal/CRJ700-dual-control.nas line 308.
Don't know, if I have an outdated copy but maybe it helps other people to use it. I changed 308 as follows and could finally jump on the first officers seat :-)
Code: Select all
305:      foreach (var propN; pilot_send_S_encoders[i])
306:     {
307:         var prop = propN.getPath();
308:         prop = substr(prop, 1, size(prop) - 1);
         var _get_action = func(prop)

btw. does anybody know, why the switches in the cockpit do not work for the FO (I can see changes done by the captain but if I click, nothing happens).
jsb

Callsign: D-JSB

Postby AndersG » Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:02 pm

jsb wrote in Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:45 pm:btw. does anybody know, why the switches in the cockpit do not work for the FO (I can see changes done by the captain but if I click, nothing happens).

The first thing to check is that the captain has approved you by selecting your MP username as the copilot on his side - otherwise the system will certainly drop your inputs. That said, I don't know anything about the CRJ700 dual control setup so copilot control of the switches might also just not be implemented.
Callsign: SE-AG
Aircraft (uhm...): Submarine Scout, Zeppelin NT, ZF Navy free balloon, Nordstern, Hindenburg, Short Empire flying-boat, ZNP-K, North Sea class, MTB T21 class, U.S.S. Monitor, MFI-9B, Type UB I submarine, Gokstad ship, Renault FT.
AndersG

Postby jsb » Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:37 pm

Anders,
yes, we did approve and it worked nicely, I could control the aircraft (with the usual delay caused by "The Internet tm" ;))
I believe the switches maybe not implemented but I am still reading all those xml and nas files... ;)
Unless there is a technical limitation I would even try to implement it. It is much more fun to fly FO if you can click in the 3D cockpit to operate flaps, gear, lights etc...
Still searching the wiki and forum to find out where local input goes to and how the property tree is organised. As FO I get my data from the captain in the ai/ tree, as far as i understand by now.
jsb

Postby AndersG » Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:05 am

Yes, and on the captain's side the dual control code looks in the copilot's entry in the ai/ tree and copy/merge data from there with the primary inputs to the aircraft.
This is not trivial to do but the dual control framework provides a number of components that makes it somewhat easier.

I think a good place to start learning how this can be done is by looking at the dual control enabled nav-radio in Aircraft/Generic/DualControl/Instruments/VIR-32/ and the other instruments there - it shows how to setup switches that can be controlled by both operators. Another aircraft to look at is Aircraft/ZLT-NT/ which is/was my main test case for the dual control system (though, sadly much neglected the last few years due to time constraints).

The CRJ700-dual-control.nas file is likely to be much larger than the VIR-32 module but should have a similar structure.
Aircraft (uhm...): Submarine Scout, Zeppelin NT, ZF Navy free balloon, Nordstern, Hindenburg, Short Empire flying-boat, ZNP-K, North Sea class, MTB T21 class, U.S.S. Monitor, MFI-9B, Type UB I submarine, Gokstad ship, Renault FT.
AndersG

Postby jsb » Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:17 pm

Hi,
I'm still a little confused when I look into the first-officer files. It seems I don't get my "own" 3D model but rather board the aircraft of my captain, e.g. my fg just renders a cam inside the remote cockpit - that's ok, as we want to share one aircraft.
Watching (some) things an basic controls appear to work, however, nothing happens, when I click the light switches (just an example) - they are highlighted once I hit ctrl-c.
So, is it possible at all for the FO to interact with the hot-spots of the 3D cockpit? Due to the delay it makes sense to let the captain fly and the FO do "the other things"...
jsb

Postby AndersG » Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:53 pm

Yes, the FO can interact with switches IF that is programmed into the aircraft specific dual control configuration. The VIR-32 module and its use in ZLT-NT is one example of that.

If the FO had a 3d model the combination would have looked very ugly for any observer, including the captain, since the synchronization in space is only "perfect" on the FO's box.
AndersG

Postby jsb » Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:25 pm

Created a github account today and somehow managed to "link" the CRJ repos into my account for editing. I put some bugfixed and add-ons there, lets see, if they find their way into the master copy :)
jsb

Postby Johan G » Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:05 pm

Err... For starters you might want to supply a link to your repo. ;)
Low-level flying — It's all fun and games till someone looses an engine. (Paraphrased from a YouTube video)
Improving the Dassault Mirage F1 (Wiki, Forum, GitLab. Work in slow progress)
Some YouTube videos
Johan G

Callsign: SE-JG
IRC name: Johan_G
Version: 2020.3.4

Postby jsb » Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:11 pm

https://github.com/d-jsb/CRJ700-family
I thought it would be visible somewhere in the repo of skyop. At least it is linked to it in some way and I could create a pull request -hth.
jsb

Postby VoyR » Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:49 am

it seems fine, but thrust reversers don't work...
VoyR

Callsign: Voi-R9
Version: 3.6+2016

Postby 747sp » Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:57 pm

did you press ctrl d?
747sp

Callsign: OMS120

PreviousNext

Return to Aircraft