Board index FlightGear Support Installation

What's This Error Message?

Need help getting up and running? Installing FlightGear, add-on planes, sceneries etc.
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- what graphics card do you have?

Please, also see Requesting Technical Help.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

What's This Error Message?

Postby LTCSZ » Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:23 pm

I am getting this error message ...It occurs when I try to load an aircraft and go to a location...what am I doing wrong? Thanks for any advice...

"SQLite error: Attempt to write a read only database
Received from insert or replace into stat_cache (path, stamp) values (?,?)"

Steve
LTCSZ

Version: 3.0

Re: What's This Error Message?

Postby elgaton » Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:52 pm

I think it's the navigation data cache used by FlightGear - for some reason it got corrupted.

Press Win+R (Win is the key with the Windows logo on it), type
Code: Select all
%HOMEDRIVE%%HOMEPATH%\AppData\Roaming\flightgear.org

and press Enter, the folder holding all your FlightGear settings should open. Delete any files whose name begins with "navdata", then restart FlightGear and see if it works.
NIATCA 2nd admin, regular ATC at LIPX and creator of the LIPX custom scenery
elgaton

Callsign: I-ELGA/LIPX_TW
Version: Git

Postby Hooray » Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:03 pm

elgaton is right, but we've seen a number of people being affected by this on Windows - and it would be a good idea to file a bug report for this particular issue: http://flightgear-bugs.googlecode.com/
given that this is such a common issue, we should really provide some kind of "rebuild-cache" option, as mentioned by Zakalawe at:

Subject: Fatal ExceptionStarting RC 3.5
Hooray wrote:your $FG_HOME must be writeable by FlightGear, that's where it keeps its configuration files: http://wiki.flightgear.org/$FG_HOME
The error message suggests that your navdata cache isn't writeable: http://wiki.flightgear.org/Navdata_Cache
If the directory is writeable, it's probably a problem with the SQL DB itself - to check that, just rename/delete those navcache files, which will trigger a fresh rebuild.

Subject: NavCache:init failed:Sqlite error:Sqlite API abuse
zakalawe wrote:Not a property, but a command line argument can certainly be done. However, in these kind of error scenarios, a rebuild is supposed to be triggered anyway. Oh well. I'll add a --rebuild-caches option and it can drop the aircraft and terrasync caches too.

Those SQLite problems are unfortunately fairly common apparently:
Subject: NavCache:init failed:Sqlite error:Sqlite API abuse
Hooray wrote:typically, this error will occur whenever people are using non-standard paths, especially with non-ASCII characters - so please tell us the full path of your $FG_HOME, so that we can see if that's the case here. Keep in mind that autosave is unrelated to the sqlite/navcache - so deleting it should have no effect in my opinion

Subject: Hanging on "loading scenery"...
chriscalef wrote:Hm, interesting. I have been having navcache problems (mainly the sqlite error, database not writable) but this loading scenery bug has persisted through full delete and rebuild of the flightgear.org folder - not to say it isn't related, but doesn't appear to be fixable by starting the navcache over.

Subject: Fatal ExceptionStarting RC 3.5
Hooray wrote:your $FG_HOME must be writeable by FlightGear, that's where it keeps its configuration files: http://wiki.flightgear.org/$FG_HOME
The error message suggests that your navdata cache isn't writeable: http://wiki.flightgear.org/Navdata_Cache
If the directory is writeable, it's probably a problem with the SQL DB itself - to check that, just rename/delete those navcache files, which will trigger a fresh rebuild.

Subject: Flightgear won't launch
astronaut wrote:Hi everyone :wink: ,
I've downloaded Flightgear 2.10 and installed is. I just choosed airport and aircraft but when simulator screen shows up, whole game crashed. In command line is:
No internationaliation settings specified in preferences.xml
Sqlite API abuse
Sqlite API abuse
NavCache: init failed:Sqlite error:Sqlite API abuse <attempt 1>
Sqlite API abuse
NavCache: init failed:Sqlite error:Sqilte API abuse <attempt 2>

Flightgear 2.8 runned greatly! I don't know what do do.
My computer i Lenovo U410. I am running Windows 8. I have tryed reinstall and delete all files. Nothing helps. Thanks for any advice! I am starting to by furious! :cry:

(Sorry for my English)
Please don't send support requests by PM, instead post your questions on the forum so that all users can contribute and benefit
Thanks & all the best,
Hooray
Help write next month's newsletter !
pui2canvas | MapStructure | Canvas Development | Programming resources
Hooray

Postby elgaton » Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:30 pm

Hooray wrote in Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:03 pm:given that this is such a common issue, we should really provide some kind of "rebuild-cache" option

...or just detect the SQLite errors/cache corruption and trying rebuilding the cache automatically (no intervention needed) :wink:
elgaton

Postby Hooray » Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:36 pm

some explicit ignore/override flag would be useful for troubleshooting purposes - there are still quite a few systems where the rebuild takes >= 20 minutes, and this kind of stuff will be harder to troubleshoot otherwise
Please don't send support requests by PM, instead post your questions on the forum so that all users can contribute and benefit
Thanks & all the best,
Hooray
Help write next month's newsletter !
pui2canvas | MapStructure | Canvas Development | Programming resources
Hooray

Postby MountainFlyerN22 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:43 am

I'm adding my dilemma here. was the sqlite error so I followed advice.

elgaton wrote in Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:52 pm:I think it's the navigation data cache used by FlightGear - for some reason it got corrupted.

Press Win+R (Win is the key with the Windows logo on it), type
Code: Select all
%HOMEDRIVE%%HOMEPATH%\AppData\Roaming\flightgear.org

and press Enter, the folder holding all your FlightGear settings should open. Delete any files whose name begins with "navdata", then restart FlightGear and see if it works.

I tried that. No more error message,but FG just crashes.
MountainFlyerN22

Callsign: N22
Version: 3.0.0

Postby elgaton » Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:45 am

In this case I'm afraid you'll have to rename the "flightgear.org" directory I mentioned above - this will make you lose all FlightGear settings but will solve the cache problem at the same time. (Had the same error on my system, renaming the directory and reconfiguring FlightGear worked every time).

Unfortunately there was no error message in the logs/console, otherwise I would have investigated this issue more deeply.
elgaton

Postby MountainFlyerN22 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:53 pm

OK,I got it fixed. :D Had to restore a previous version of the flightgear.org file.
MountainFlyerN22

Callsign: N22
Version: 3.0.0

Return to Installation