Board index FlightGear Support Graphics

Grass Parking spots with terra sync!

Graphics issues like: bad framerates, weird colors, OpenGL errors etc. Bad graphics ar usually the result of bad graphics cards or drivers.
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- what graphics card do you have?
- does the problem occur with any aircraft, at any airport?
- is there any output printed to the console (black window)?
- copy&paste your commandline (tick the "Show commandline box on the last page of FGRun or the "Others" section on the Mac launcher).
- please upload a screenshot of the problem.

If you experience FlightGear crashes, please report a bug using the issue tracker (can be also used for feature requests).
To run FlightGear on old computers with bad OpenGL support, please take a look at this wiki article. If you are seeing corrupted/broken textures, please see this article.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

Grass Parking spots with terra sync!

Postby Definee » Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:18 am

Hello all,

I have flightgear 3.0 on a Mac OS ...I have turned on terra sync. But when I turn on Terra Sync It makes all airports parking spot be grass and trying to get pushed back from it takes forever so If anyone knows how to fix it it will really help! Thank You!
Fly JAFVA
N3362C
F-36
"To some people the sky is the limit, to those who love aviation, The sky is home."
Definee

Callsign: F_36
IRC name: Definee
Version: 3.2

Re: Grass Parking spots with terra sync!

Postby elgaton » Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:56 am

Which airports did you try specifically? (Parking spots are specified for each airport - the cause of the problem you encountered might be a wrongly defined parking spot, or a TerraSync error while downloading the data, which is more common).
NIATCA 2nd admin, regular ATC at LIPX and creator of the LIPX custom scenery
elgaton

Callsign: I-ELGA/LIPX_TW
Version: Git

Postby Definee » Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:26 pm

Hi and thanks for replying I have tried KSFO and KLAX @elgaton
Fly JAFVA
N3362C
F-36
"To some people the sky is the limit, to those who love aviation, The sky is home."
Definee

Postby elgaton » Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:50 pm

Just checked KSFO (stand A5) and KLAX (stand A1), in both cases I started on the apron (well, at KLAX I actually started on the runway, definitely not on the grass though).

Could you please attach a screenshot so that I can see how the area is rendered in FG? I suspect that TerraSync only downloaded the data partially due to a network error, but I'm not completely sure.
elgaton

Postby Definee » Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:49 am

Hello,
Thanks for replying so far and I took a screenshot and you can find it here ---http://i59.tinypic.com/mvkoia.jpg
Fly JAFVA
N3362C
F-36
Definee

Postby elgaton » Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:19 am

Thanks - indeed it looks like there are some problems with the terrain around KSFO. I'll check if the problem persists in the latest TerraSync scenery, if not I'll file a bug or get in touch with the scenery maintainers and check what happened.
elgaton

Postby Definee » Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:10 pm

Yes. Thank you very much @elgaton
Fly JAFVA
N3362C
F-36
Definee

Postby Definee » Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:44 pm

Hello,
I was just playing flightgear and something came on my screen and said "Download Scenery Stalled" and something else I dont remember just an hint
Fly JAFVA
N3362C
F-36
Definee

Postby elgaton » Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:30 am

I have filed a bug report for the scenery issue (unfortunately I don't know how to fix landcover data, otherwise I would have changed it).

As for the "Download Scenery Stalled" issue, this means your network connection dropped while downloading the scenery via TerraSync (it happens sometimes). I would suggest disabling TerraSync and using TerraMaster to get the latest scenery in bulk before flying.
elgaton

Postby Definee » Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:15 pm

@elgaton how do I get terra Master?
Fly JAFVA
N3362C
F-36
Definee

Postby ludomotico » Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:50 pm

The issue with the grass is a known feature/bug of the scenery tools. The thing is our airports came mainly from the X-Plane community, and they define transparent layers in a way different from our scenery tools. It is a bug in this context, but there is not anything wrong in the way we defined transparent layers. In fact, there are ways to make these layers compatible with X-Plane and FlightGear (make them lines instead of layers), but people making airports for X-Plane do not bother about compatibility with FligthGear.

This issue affected very few airports around the world and, since our human resources are scarce, it was not a top priority. It is funny how this affects now our default airport so it suddenly has become a top priority issue :)

I prefer a once-and-for-all fix regarding transparent layers, but a very quick fix is just ignoring transparent layers in the apt.dat parser (optional manual intervention: remove these lines) and regenerating the airport.
ludomotico

Version: nightly

Postby elgaton » Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:02 pm

@Definee: go to the TerraMaster download page and download the most recent version. The Wiki page details the usage.
elgaton

Return to Graphics