Board index FlightGear Support osgEarth

auto-builder for Flightgear / osgEarth build

osgEarth renders the terrain scene by building the textured geometry at runtime from raw source imagery and elevation data.

auto-builder for Flightgear / osgEarth build

Postby poweroftwo » Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:09 pm

This is yet another auto-builder for Flightgear and for the time being specific to Windows 64bit ONLY. It is particularly geared toward building FG with the latest incarnation of the osgEarth integration. The simple minded script attempts to download all needed and hopefully manages conflicts with your user/system environment variables properly. Also, a minimal sized fgdata is downloaded as a starting point.

It is a work in progress and will be refined over time. Hopefully Linux and Mac versions will follow. It is proves to work well, I plan to update the wiki.

[Special thanks to Alant for doing early testing]

Requirements:

Visual Studio 2010 or MSbuild

Visual Studio 2010 Express can be used: http://www.visualstudio.com/en-us/downloads#d-2010-express - Full ISO is here: http://download.microsoft.com/download/1/E/5/1E5F1C0A-0D5B-426A-A603-1798B951DDAE/VS2010Express1.iso

you will also need then Windows SDK in order to support the need 64 bit requirements of the script:
Windows SDK (has 64bit support and can make 2010 Express build 64 bit apps) - http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/windowsserver/bb980924.aspx

Instructions:

once complete, run fgrunWin64.bat

jeff
Last edited by poweroftwo on Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
poweroftwo

Re: auto-builder for Flightgear / osgEarth build

Postby Hooray » Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:25 pm

it would probably be a good idea to extend the CMake SuperBuild script accordingly so that all platforms can benefit from this
Please don't send support requests by PM, instead post your questions on the forum so that all users can contribute and benefit
Thanks & all the best,
Hooray
Help write next month's newsletter !
pui2canvas | MapStructure | Canvas Development | Programming resources
Hooray

Pronouns: THOU

Postby poweroftwo » Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:28 pm

I agree that it would be ideal to update the SuperBuild, but I could not make heads or tails of it.

jeff
poweroftwo

Postby chriscalef » Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:39 am

Thanks for doing this! I'm excited to try it! I didn't achieve success on my first pass though... where does the "install" directory get created? Everything apparently downloaded, but it seems to have never actually built the project. Was I supposed to run cmake and fire up visual studio on my own, or is it supposed to autobuild everything?
chriscalef

Postby poweroftwo » Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:00 am

If successful, the install directory will be created in the fgbuild directory. Can you confirm that you have Visual Studio 2010 installed? Also, can you copy the contents of the console output and post it here?

jeff
poweroftwo

Postby chriscalef » Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:47 pm

Ah, my apologies, problem is up the toolchain from flightgear. Been doing some late night development over here and forgot that I had a problem installing the Windows SDK component, apparently because I have a newer version of VS 2010 than they're trying to install for me. :-P Will report back when I get that sorted.
chriscalef

Postby chriscalef » Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:34 pm

Okay, finally got Windows SDK happily installed, apparently, but am now getting other problems. (I have not yet tried deleting everything and starting over, now that I have the SDK installed, but might do that next.) Anyway, the log starts to show problems here, I think:

Code: Select all
C:\flightgear\osgEarthNext>rem --- configure OSG with Cmake ---

C:\flightgear\osgEarthNext>if not exist "OpenSceneGraph\build\INSTALL.vcxproj" (
if not exist "OpenSceneGraph\build" mkdir OpenSceneGraph\build\
 pushd OpenSceneGraph\build\
 rem configure cmake and create the Visual studio solution file
 cmake.exe ../ -G "Visual Studio 10 Win64" -DCMAKE_CXX_FLAGS_RELEASE:STRING="/MD /O2 /Ob2 /D NDEBUG" -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX:FILEPATH="C:\flightgear\osgEarthNext
"\install\msvc100-64\OpenSceneGraph -DCMAKE_RELWITHDEBINFO_POSTFIX:STRING="" -DACTUAL_3RDPARTY_DIR:FILEPATH="C:\flightgear\osgEarthNext"\3rdParty.x64
 popd
)
-- Found Windows SDK v7.1: C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.1\
CMake Error at C:/flightgear/osgEarthNext/fgscriptutils/cmake2.8/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/CMakeDetermineCompilerId.cmake:446 (execute_process):
  execute_process given COMMAND argument with no value.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  C:/flightgear/osgEarthNext/fgscriptutils/cmake2.8/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/CMakeDetermineCompilerId.cmake:48 (CMAKE_DETERMINE_COMPILER_ID_VENDOR)
  C:/flightgear/osgEarthNext/fgscriptutils/cmake2.8/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/CMakeDetermineCCompiler.cmake:131 (CMAKE_DETERMINE_COMPILER_ID)
  CMakeLists.txt:47 (PROJECT)

-- The C compiler identification is unknown
CMake Error at C:/flightgear/osgEarthNext/fgscriptutils/cmake2.8/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/CMakeDetermineCompilerId.cmake:446 (execute_process):
  execute_process given COMMAND argument with no value.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  C:/flightgear/osgEarthNext/fgscriptutils/cmake2.8/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/CMakeDetermineCompilerId.cmake:48 (CMAKE_DETERMINE_COMPILER_ID_VENDOR)
  C:/flightgear/osgEarthNext/fgscriptutils/cmake2.8/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/CMakeDetermineCXXCompiler.cmake:127 (CMAKE_DETERMINE_COMPILER_ID)
  CMakeLists.txt:47 (PROJECT)

-- The CXX compiler identification is unknown
-- 3rdParty-Package ENV variable found:"C:\flightgear\osgEarthNext"\3rdParty.x64/
-- searching TIFF -->tiff.h<-->libtiff<-->C:/flightgear/osgEarthNext/3rdParty.x64<--
-- Warning Debug TIFF not found, using: C:/flightgear/osgEarthNext/3rdParty.x64/lib/libtiff_i.lib
-- searching FREETYPE -->ft2build.h<-->freetype;freetype2311MT;freetype234;freetype234MT;freetype235;freetype237;freetype238;freetype244;freetype250;<-->C:/flig
htgear/osgEarthNext/3rdParty.x64<--
-- searching CURL -->curl/curl.h<-->libcurl;curllib<-->C:/flightgear/osgEarthNext/3rdParty.x64<--
-- searching JPEG -->jpeglib.h<-->libjpeg;jpeg<-->C:/flightgear/osgEarthNext/3rdParty.x64<--
-- Warning Debug JPEG not found, using: C:/flightgear/osgEarthNext/3rdParty.x64/lib/jpeg.lib
-- searching GDAL -->gdal.h<-->gdal;gdal16<-->C:/flightgear/osgEarthNext/3rdParty.x64<--
-- Warning Debug GDAL not found, using: C:/flightgear/osgEarthNext/3rdParty.x64/lib/gdal_i.lib
-- searching GLUT -->GL/glut.h<-->glut32<-->C:/flightgear/osgEarthNext/3rdParty.x64<--
-- searching GIFLIB -->gif_lib.h<-->ungif;libungif;giflib<-->C:/flightgear/osgEarthNext/3rdParty.x64<--
-- searching ZLIB -->zlib.h<-->z;zlib;zlib1<-->C:/flightgear/osgEarthNext/3rdParty.x64<--
-- Warning Debug ZLIB not found, using: C:/flightgear/osgEarthNext/3rdParty.x64/lib/zlib.lib
-- searching PNG -->png.h<-->libpng;libpng13;libpng15;libpng16<-->C:/flightgear/osgEarthNext/3rdParty.x64<--
-- Warning Debug PNG not found, using: C:/flightgear/osgEarthNext/3rdParty.x64/lib/libpng16.lib
-- searching LIBXML2 -->libxml2<-->libxml2<-->C:/flightgear/osgEarthNext/3rdParty.x64<--
-- Could NOT find LibXml2 (missing:  LIBXML2_LIBRARIES LIBXML2_INCLUDE_DIR)
-- Could NOT find PkgConfig (missing:  PKG_CONFIG_EXECUTABLE)
-- Could NOT find CURL (missing:  CURL_LIBRARY) (found version "7.35.0")
-- Could NOT find SDL (missing:  SDL_LIBRARY SDL_INCLUDE_DIR)
-- Found unsuitable Qt version "" from NOTFOUND
-- Could NOT find Qt3 (missing:  QT_QT_LIBRARY QT_INCLUDE_DIR QT_MOC_EXECUTABLE)
-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
See also "C:/flightgear/osgEarthNext/OpenSceneGraph/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".
See also "C:/flightgear/osgEarthNext/OpenSceneGraph/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeError.log".

C:\flightgear\osgEarthNext>rem locate MSBuild.exe, ensure version is >= v4.5

C:\flightgear\osgEarthNext>for / %D in (C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4*) do set msbuild=%D\MSBuild.exe

C:\flightgear\osgEarthNext>set msbuild=C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\MSBuild.exe

C:\flightgear\osgEarthNext>echo C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\MSBuild.exe
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\MSBuild.exe

C:\flightgear\osgEarthNext>rem --- Build OSG with visual studio ---

I'm not sure what the "execute_process given COMMAND argument with no value" mean, or why it says it CXX Compiler is unknown...
chriscalef

Postby chriscalef » Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:37 pm

Huh, well it was a long shot, but deleting all and starting from scratch didn't solve anything. I'm very unclear on what exactly all of the different parts of the visual studio c++ package do, but I noticed that after uninstalling all my redistributables and runtimes, I was finally able to install the windows sdk, but after that I still did not see the older version of the redistributable on my list of installed programs.

Since the fix from microsoft for my version problem said it was okay to go back and install your newer version of the redistributable after the sdk installed, I also tried that, so now I see it on my list of programs, however I do not see the "runtime" application there, which I also deleted while trying to install the sdk...

Sigh, thanks Microsoft... :-) Anyway, gotta run at the moment but will poke around at it again later.
chriscalef

Return to osgEarth