Board index FlightGear Support Tools FGRun

Compiled Fgrun only runs from command line

FGRun is a graphical frontend to run FlightGear.

Compiled Fgrun only runs from command line

Postby agor » Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:11 am

My system is LinuxMint 17x64 with NVidia 650ti (since the day before yesterday it was Mint 16)
I succesfully compiled FlightGear 3.0.0 and FGrun.
Atlas fails to compile but i have that on hold for now as i am succesfully running the Windows Version through POL (ridiculous, eh?)

I am scratching my head on this and can't figure out why it's happening:
FGRun (as well as fgfs) only runs from a terminal. I Created a Desktop Shortcut as soon as i had everything compiled and tested, but nothing happens when clicking it, i have to open a terminal and type in the command.
The paths are all correct, i also tried a bash script (fgrun.sh #!bin/bash, etc) to launch it, but it still only runs from the command line.
Not a big issue, someone might say, but it's annoying.

I know that flightgear 3 is in the packages, but for some reason it crashes while in flight.
The compiled version behaves better, plus i am getting back to flying, in real life i mean. I would like to recreate the sf25b, so i also want to be able to compile git versions and keep them all in my system.

Any ideas?
agor

Re: Compiled Fgrun only runs from command line

Postby Johan G » Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:57 am

agor wrote in Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:11 am:I would like to recreate the sf25b, so i also want to be able to compile git versions and keep them all in my system.

I was about to say that someone was already working on the SF25B and that you could team up with him, but noticed it was you. :wink: My only one or two minutes of real stick time was in one of those (probably SE-UCU in the mid 1990's). I had a friend back then that was a young glider pilot. :)

Unfortunately I can not help you with your problem, but it would be nice if you could get some help so you cold start working on it now and then. :)
Low-level flying — It's all fun and games till someone looses an engine. (Paraphrased from a YouTube video)
Improving the Dassault Mirage F1 (Wiki, Forum, GitLab. Work in slow progress)
Johan G

Callsign: SE-JG
IRC name: Johan_G
Version: 3.0.0

Postby agor » Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:22 am

Yes ,that was me with help from Vik.
Before he touched the FDM it was flying like a jet.
I want to create a better 3D model ,now that i am a blender guru (sort of) it should look much-much better.
Already started it actually, it should be ready by the end of the month with this paste.
agor

Postby agor » Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:10 am

Solved it:
For whatever reason the DE does not read the paths from .bashrc or .profile, and i have no idea where it reads them from.
So as a workaround, i created a shell script that exports them and then runs fgrun.
agor

Return to FGRun