Board index FlightGear Support Tools FGRun

Switching SP - MP mode

FGRun is a no-longer maintained graphical frontend to run FlightGear.

Switching SP - MP mode

Postby PH-JAKE » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:25 am

Hi,

The final page of FGRun allows you to select the Multiplayer (MP) option. It takes some parameters (callsign, host, in- and out ports) for it to work with. When wanting to do some solo (SP) flying (eg. trying stuff out, without bothering anyone else) the MP option needs to be unchecked. But this also means that the settings are removed the next time FGRun is used. This makes it inconvinient when switching back to MP mode, where you have to enter this same data again (which I always forget).
So the question is: why do the settings need to be removed when MP mode is deselected? Can't they be retained, but disabled/not used.
PH-JAKE

Callsign: PH-JAKE
Version: 2020.3.18

Re: Switching SP - MP mode

Postby sa7k » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:42 pm

Perhaps it would be better to connect when the simulator is already started. There is a drop down menu which has selectable servers and you only see the ones which are up. You could also set only your callsign on fgrun which wouldn't bother in offline mode.
sa7k

Callsign: LV-EPM
IRC name: sa7k
Version: git

Postby PH-JAKE » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:54 am

sa7k wrote in Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:42 pm:Perhaps it would be better to connect when the simulator is already started. There is a drop down menu which has selectable servers and you only see the ones which are up. You could also set only your callsign on fgrun which wouldn't bother in offline mode.

I don't follow. As FGRun is used to setup the session before commencing, I like to be able to specify as many parameters as possible. Of course there are other ways to do this, at other times, but that's not the point.
PH-JAKE

Callsign: PH-JAKE
Version: 2020.3.18

Postby Ovazor » Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:35 pm

It is possible to save the FGRun settings and load them later. You could save both your MP and SP settings in separate files and then load the one you are going to use. A bit cubersome, I admit, but I do it for different airports I start and it is more convenient than entering the position every time by hand.
Flying the Dakota
Ovazor

Callsign: OH-OVA
Version: 2020.4.0

Return to FGRun