Board index FlightGear Support Flying

How do I use my own weather?

Controlling your aircraft, using the autopilot etc.

How do I use my own weather?

Postby MasteroftheSKIES » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:42 pm

Hello all,

I am trying to use my own weather in FG, but when I set the weather using Advanced Weather Settings, it tells me that

"Local weather is already running, use Clear/End to (I forget). Aborting..."

What does this mean, use "Clear/End"? In general, how do I get to use my own weather?
I would use FSX but I use FlightGear because it's a project with goals.

Windows 7; Processor: 8 core 4 GHz; 8GB RAM; Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 (a pretty good graphics card if you're wondering)
MasteroftheSKIES

Version: 3.2

Re: How do I use my own weather?

Postby Thorsten » Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:23 am

I am trying to use my own weather in FG

On a moment's reflection, you might agree with me that this isn't in any way reproducible, so if you want an answer to your question, you'll have to sit down and write step by step how you're trying to use the GUI.
Thorsten

Postby MasteroftheSKIES » Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:53 am

I want to reduce the wind in some places. When I click the Advanced Weather Settings button, it opens the advanced weather settings dialog, I edit the wind (the middle section of the dialog), and click OK. After I click OK in the main weather settings dialog, it says "Local weather is already running. Use Clear/End to...Aborting..."

What does it mean use "Clear/End"?
I would use FSX but I use FlightGear because it's a project with goals.

Windows 7; Processor: 8 core 4 GHz; 8GB RAM; Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 (a pretty good graphics card if you're wondering)
MasteroftheSKIES

Version: 3.2

Postby Thorsten » Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:07 pm

Not happening here (current GIT, but that part of Advanced Weather hasn't changed for ages).

I can open the weather dialog and run live weather, edit the advanced settings and say okay, and weather starts up just fine. I can open the dialog again, change something, press okay and it restarts just fine.

You can't actually edit winds when you run weather on a METAR string without editing the METAR string though. But since you don't actually state what you're doing exactly and what state the weather system is in before you make the edits, it's difficult to guess what's going wrong.
Thorsten

Return to Flying