Board index FlightGear Support Compiling

Windows Superbuild Issues - CMakeLists.txt

Building FlightGear from source, and in the need for help?

Windows Superbuild Issues - CMakeLists.txt

Postby TioZe » Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:12 pm

I am quite new to this and have attempted to follow the instructions for a Super build from http://wiki.flightgear.org/Superbuild . I've followed the instructions as written (and copied the fgdata directory into the FGFS directory... not sure if that's the right place or not) and am running into problems.

After opening the solution in MSVC Express 2010 and building, it completes the first 4 (ZERO_CHECK, WinDeps, Boost, and OSG) without error then gets an error on SimGear, FGRun, and FlightGear as listed below. CMakeLists.txt exists in C:/FGFS/fgmeta. It seems like it is either looking in the wrong place for it or new CMakeLists.txt files were supposed to be created and weren't.

I appreciate any help I can get. Thanks.

5>------ Build started: Project: SimGear, Configuration: Debug x64 ------
5> Building Custom Rule C:/FGFS/fgmeta/CMakeLists.txt
5> CMake does not need to re-run because C:\FGFS\metabuild\CMakeFiles\generate.stamp is up-to-date.
5> Creating directories for 'SimGear'
5> Performing forcebuild step for 'SimGear'
5> foo
5> No download step for 'SimGear'
5> No update step for 'SimGear'
5> No patch step for 'SimGear'
5> Performing configure step for 'SimGear'
5>CUSTOMBUILD : CMake error : The source directory "C:/FGFS/fgmeta/simgear" does not appear to contain CMakeLists.txt.
5> Specify --help for usage, or press the help button on the CMake GUI.
6>------ Build started: Project: FGRun, Configuration: Debug x64 ------
6> Building Custom Rule C:/FGFS/fgmeta/CMakeLists.txt
6> CMake does not need to re-run because C:\FGFS\metabuild\CMakeFiles\generate.stamp is up-to-date.
6> Creating directories for 'FGRun'
6> No download step for 'FGRun'
6> No update step for 'FGRun'
6> No patch step for 'FGRun'
6> Performing configure step for 'FGRun'
6>CUSTOMBUILD : CMake error : The source directory "C:/FGFS/fgmeta/fgrun" does not appear to contain CMakeLists.txt.
6> Specify --help for usage, or press the help button on the CMake GUI.
7>------ Build started: Project: FlightGear, Configuration: Debug x64 ------
7> Building Custom Rule C:/FGFS/fgmeta/CMakeLists.txt
7> CMake does not need to re-run because C:\FGFS\metabuild\CMakeFiles\generate.stamp is up-to-date.
7> Creating directories for 'FlightGear'
7> Performing forcebuild step for 'FlightGear'
7> foo
7> No download step for 'FlightGear'
7> No update step for 'FlightGear'
7> No patch step for 'FlightGear'
7> Performing configure step for 'FlightGear'
7>CUSTOMBUILD : CMake error : The source directory "C:/FGFS/fgmeta/flightgear" does not appear to contain CMakeLists.txt.
7> Specify --help for usage, or press the help button on the CMake GUI.
8>------ Skipped Build: Project: ALL_BUILD, Configuration: Debug x64 ------
8>Project not selected to build for this solution configuration
========== Build: 4 succeeded, 3 failed, 0 up-to-date, 1 skipped ==========
TioZe

Re: Windows Superbuild Issues - CMakeLists.txt

Postby F-JJTH » Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:55 pm

It seems that your FGRun/SimGear/FlightGear folder are empty. I think you didn't cloned the repository with --recursive option.
I invit you to check that you used
Code: Select all
git clone --recursive git://gitorious.org/fg/fgmeta.git

Regards,
Clément
F-JJTH

Postby TioZe » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:45 pm

Well, if the entire contents of the repository are appropriately listed at https://gitorious.org/fg/fgmeta/source/ ... 46dced30cf:

then my clone worked properly. I don't see any sub-directories there for SimGear or FlightGear or FGRun. Yes, mine are all empty and I believe were created as part of the process of running CMake.

I'll give it a go again on the git side of things to see if I did miss something and also, if I didn't, to determine when those directories are being created.

Thanks for the suggestions. Any other insights are welcome.
TioZe

Postby Hooray » Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:31 pm

make sure that you used git clone --recursive
Please don't send support requests by PM, instead post your questions on the forum so that all users can contribute and benefit
Thanks & all the best,
Hooray
Help write next month's newsletter !
pui2canvas | MapStructure | Canvas Development | Programming resources
Hooray

Pronouns: THOU

Postby TioZe » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:50 pm

Not sure how I skirted around this the first time, but when attempting the git clone --recursive, I get the output below (using source tree).

Perhaps I am having a firewall/port issue?? However some files are pulled and directories created so it must be communicating to some degree.

git -c diff.mnemonicprefix=false -c core.quotepath=false clone --recursive git@gitorious.org:fg/fgmeta.git C:\FGFSTemp\fgmeta
Cloning into 'C:\FGFSTemp\fgmeta'...

Submodule 'fgrun' (git://gitorious.org/fg/fgrun.git) registered for path 'fgrun'

Submodule 'flightgear' (git://gitorious.org/fg/flightgear.git) registered for path 'flightgear'

Submodule 'maclauncher' (git://gitorious.org/fg/maclauncher.git) registered for path 'maclauncher'

Submodule 'simgear' (git://gitorious.org/fg/simgear.git) registered for path 'simgear'

Cloning into 'fgrun'...

fatal: unable to connect to gitorious.org:
gitorious.org[0: 87.238.52.168]: errno=No error
TioZe

Postby TioZe » Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:27 pm

Well, I'm not sure why I can't use git to clone the repository, but downloading the submodules on their own allows me to build to completion, per the superbuild walkthrough for windows. Kind of a work around since it seems my git skills are the issue more than anything else.

If anyone sees the flaw in my git approach, I'd love to figure that side of things out.

Thanks.
TioZe

Postby jeffbsanders » Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:01 am

I am having simular issues as desribed above. Everything seems to download correctly from the GIT repository. I run CMAKE, then compile for Visual Studio 10 but I get the same errors.

Do I need to arrange the folders as described in the Superbuild wiki for compiling for Windows?
jeffbsanders

Postby jeffbsanders » Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:17 am

Also, there is no Flightgear.sln in C:\FGFS\metabuild\fgbuild after I run CMAKE.

Any ideas?

Thanks very much
jeffbsanders

Postby jeffbsanders » Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:18 am

ANd yes, I did use the recursive option. I ran "git clone --recursive git://gitorious.org/fg/fgmeta.git"
jeffbsanders

Postby rreiter » Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:26 am

Also, there is no Flightgear.sln in C:\FGFS\metabuild\fgbuild after I run CMAKE.

Any ideas?

After running CMAKE you Open + Build solution file \metabuild\ FlightGear-Meta.sln (unless this has changed in the last two weeks).
This step creates the FlightGear.sln

Note: after building FlightGear-Meta.sln you will already have a flyable executable in either [\metabuild\install\msvc100-64\FlightGear\bin] or [\metabuild\install\msvc100\FlightGear\bin] depending on whether it's 64 or 32 bit.
The fgrun.exe if you need it can be found and copied from nearby [\install\\msv100xx\FGRun].

Before doing a [debug] build of Flightgear.sln, you might try first building in [release] mode. When doing [debug] builds of Flightgear.sln I've sometimes experienced compile failures if I haven't first built in [release] mode first at least once so that release-mode files of OpenSceneGraph are present in their directories. But that might just be an issue peculiar to me.
rreiter

Postby Hooray » Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:06 pm

please feel free to augment the instructions in the wiki article accordingly, thank you!
Please don't send support requests by PM, instead post your questions on the forum so that all users can contribute and benefit
Thanks & all the best,
Hooray
Help write next month's newsletter !
pui2canvas | MapStructure | Canvas Development | Programming resources
Hooray

Pronouns: THOU

Postby rreiter » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:35 am

Hooray wrote in Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:06 pm:please feel free to augment the instructions in the wiki article accordingly, thank you!

Hooray: I'm happy to oblige, but am no expert and don't want to lead anyone astray. So I encourage others please confirm the validity of my changes (I won't be offended if they get corrected or erased).

Also: In wiki may I add SVN as a requirement under Superbuild on Windows? (My CMAKE won't configure unless I explicitly set "Subversion_SVN_EXECUTABLE").
rreiter

Return to Compiling