Board index FlightGear Development

Course "Foundations of Computer Graphics"

FlightGear is opensource, so you can be the developer. In the need for help on anything? We are here to help you.
Forum rules
Core development is discussed on the official FlightGear-Devel development mailing list.

Bugs can be reported in the bug tracker.

Course "Foundations of Computer Graphics"

Postby Wallkon » Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:30 am

Hello, my callsign is Wallkon and I am new in FlightGear, actually I have no flown yet, but I have been translating some wiki pages (to spanish) to contribute to the project in some way . By the way, mi background is Falcon 4 and Falcon 4 AF, those are the only flight sims that I have flown (several years ago, anyway) but now I want to move to civilian area.

Well, after my introduction I want to advice you that there is an online course called "Foundations of Computer Graphics" and you can find it in https://www.edx.org/course/uc-berkeley/cs-184-1x/foundations-computer-graphics/1003. I know that there are more sources to study this topic, but someone could be interested in this. I'm going to take this course because I'm very interested to contribute as a programmer. Well, I expect to visit these forums more often.

Bye bye, and excuse me about my English, I'm spanish speaker, from Santiago de Chile.
Wallkon

Callsign: Wallkon

Re: Course "Foundations of Computer Graphics"

Postby Hooray » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:42 am

Hi & welcome,

thanks for your wiki contributions, much appreciated !
Regarding the resources you mentioned, given that you are already a wiki contributor, you can easily add those here: http://wiki.flightgear.org/Programming_Resources
Please don't send support requests by PM, instead post your questions on the forum so that all users can contribute and benefit
Thanks & all the best,
Hooray
Help write next month's newsletter !
pui2canvas | MapStructure | Canvas Development | Programming resources
Hooray

Pronouns: THOU

Postby Wallkon » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:01 pm

Yeah, you are right, I didn't think it before. Now it's done.
System: XP SP3 / Athlon 64 3200+ 2.01 GHz / 3GB RAM DDR / Radeon R7 250 1GB GDDR5
Wallkon

Postby Michat » Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:17 pm

Hi, welcome and thank you for helping with translations.

Note: we have 2 conventions:
Avoid to use the word Avión(-1%), use instead Aeronave (99%).
Use direct mode (100%), instead of Vos (0%), never use Usted (0%), use "Segunda Persona del Singular" TU (ALWAYS).

Is nice to meet you, and good to know that there is a person who will helps us in that huge task.

I am "aficionado" of the computer graphic world, thanks for sharing information Guys.

Best regards
Michat

Version: 191b

Postby Wallkon » Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:09 am

Hello Michat, I appreciate your advices and I will consider them the next time.

Cheers.
System: XP SP3 / Athlon 64 3200+ 2.01 GHz / 3GB RAM DDR / Radeon R7 250 1GB GDDR5
Wallkon

Return to Development