Board index FlightGear Development New features

realism

Discussion and requests for new features. Please note that FlightGear developers are volunteers and may or may not be able to consider these requests.

realism

Postby pilot » Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:13 pm

how about a realism tab so you can turn crashes off and have landing gear snap off and that stuff (if you're not good at flying or landing) :?:
If nothing is moving your life is paused
pilot

Re: realism

Postby Kabuki » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:30 pm

I've noticed some planes will stop flying when you crash them, and others just bounce. With some, you can hit 'u' after crashing to add 1000 feet to your altitude, and they'll start flying again. With others, the altitude will change when you do that, but the plane won't budge.

I'm pretty sure there's some setting you can change to set that behavior to your liking.

As far as landing gear coming off, it could be implemented on a per-plane basis. I guess you could create all kinds of crash effects. But I suspect that most pilots don't really like to crash -- even in real life.

You have some crash effects if you install 'bombable'.
This is a family-friendly saloon. No talk stink.
Kabuki

Location: Usually on the ground, always in the sky, except when underwater.
Callsign: Kabuki
Version: 3.0.0

Re: realism

Postby pilot » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:43 pm

the only plane I've landed is the concorde (I didn't know about extendig flaps) and landing gear snapping off will give you another chance. I've just thought about rotors shredding if you land without gear but it would be hard I guess and planes tipping if you set landing gear to fail (hard aswell probly)
If nothing is moving your life is paused
pilot

Return to New features