Board index FlightGear Development

Small bugfixes (merge requests) for FGData  Topic is solved

FlightGear is opensource, so you can be the developer. In the need for help on anything? We are here to help you.
Forum rules
Core development is discussed on the official FlightGear-Devel development mailing list.

Bugs can be reported in the bug tracker.

Small bugfixes (merge requests) for FGData  

Postby Philosopher » Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:46 pm

Hello fellow developers,

For those of you who aren't counting, I now have three merge requests/bug fixes waiting in FGData: #115, #116, & #225. I have fully tested all of these, and they're relatively minor changes anyway, so I would think they don't have to be reviewed much, per se. The first two have been around for a month, the other one I filed last night. On the bug tracker, Gijs was talking about patching the 2.12 branch (fixing a big that makes FG crash with the A380) – would this be possible for mine too, and how would the bigfixes actually get distributed (to those who already have it...)?

I would really appreciate it if somebody would be willing to merge it.
Philosopher

Re: Small bugfixes (merge requests) for FGData

Postby Thorsten » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:44 pm

Hooray pinged me with that already, I have it on the horizon for the next time I crawl up to current state and commit my recent stuff. I don't know the technicalities of getting merge requests in, but I suppose that's documented somewhere, or I can simply edit the lines myself. I can't do anything for the release though...
Thorsten

Postby zakalawe » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:56 pm

Philosopher, it would be better to raise these merge requests on the mailing list, since that is where people able to merge / review them are likely to be reading. I only noticed this thread by accident - as ever web forums are a terrible tool for this kind of communication, too much noise to wade through to find important things. Unfortunately there is no notification from Gitorious when merge requests are created so unless I remember to check (which I usually don't), I only look at them when someone pokes me via email (or emails the developer list).
zakalawe

Callsign: G-ZKLW
Version: next

Postby Hooray » Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:09 pm

FWIW, the issue tracker also has a dedicated "request for review" category: https://code.google.com/p/flightgear-bu ... %20request
Please don't send support requests by PM, instead post your questions on the forum so that all users can contribute and benefit
Thanks & all the best,
Hooray
Help write next month's newsletter !
pui2canvas | MapStructure | Canvas Development | Programming resources
Hooray

Pronouns: THOU

Postby zakalawe » Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:37 am

Yes, but I also don't get email about those, so it still requires someone to go and look :)
zakalawe

Callsign: G-ZKLW
Version: next

Postby Philosopher » Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:34 pm

Thanks for getting active on this, I'll look at it later.

In the future, I'll try and use the mailing list, sorry about making all of the noise. I guess my other question has been answered: it's not getting into the release now :).

Danke! Gracias!
Philosopher

Return to Development