Board index FlightGear Development

Remove this panel  Topic is solved

FlightGear is opensource, so you can be the developer. In the need for help on anything? We are here to help you.
Forum rules
Core development is discussed on the official FlightGear-Devel development mailing list.

Bugs can be reported in the bug tracker.

Remove this panel

Postby k33bz » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:32 pm

Now that I am using dual screens, it is really irritating to have this panel be there, and only disappear when I use a mouse to move around to a slightly different view. I am not sure which panel this is called, but its a default panel that shows up in every vehicle. This panel blocks the panel that is on most planes. How do I get rid of it

The one that covers the other panel, this is the panel I want to get rid of.
k33bz

Callsign: K5360
Version: 2.10

Re: Remove this panel  

Postby stuart » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:54 pm

Does pressing Shift-p not remove it from view?

-Stuart
G-MWLX
stuart

Callsign: G-MWLX

Postby Hooray » Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:37 pm

normally, that shouldn't even show up without you first activating it - see the built-in help dialog.
Please don't send support requests by PM, instead post your questions on the forum so that all users can contribute and benefit
Thanks & all the best,
Hooray
Help write next month's newsletter !
pui2canvas | MapStructure | Canvas Development | Programming resources
Hooray

Pronouns: THOU

Postby KL-666 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:45 pm

Hi k33bz,

I have had this issue too, that some cessna cockpit would overlay the 3d cockpit when the view was exactly straight forward. The solution to me was to disable the 2d cockpit altogether. This can be done in menu / view options. Just uncheck "show 2d panel".

Kind regards, Vincent
KL-666

Postby k33bz » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:22 pm

sorry, I figured out later on that I could use Shift P to get rid of it. But thank you very much, did not know I could keep it from coming up to begin with.

How do I show this thread as solved?
k33bz

Callsign: K5360
Version: 2.10

Postby Kabuki » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:37 pm

You might be interested to know that there are two 2-d panels available. In addition to the one pictured, there is another that consists of a single row of instruments on a transparent panel at the bottom of the screen. You toggle between the two when the 2-d panel is activated by hitting control-s. (for "Switch", I guess)

I use the small one quite a bit, and it's very easy to customize. Any instrument (almost) will work in it. All you have to do is change filenames for some existing instrument on the panel.

Also, its behavior can be changed to either disappear or not, when you change views. In preferences.
This is a family-friendly saloon. No talk stink.
Kabuki

Location: Usually on the ground, always in the sky, except when underwater.
Callsign: Kabuki
Version: 3.0.0

Return to Development