Board index FlightGear Support Compiling

Error while compiling SimGear

Building FlightGear from source, and in the need for help?

Error while compiling SimGear

Postby elaventurero » Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:49 pm

Hi to everyone. First at all, my English level is medium, so, if someone don't understand, please, don't make doubt ask me.

I'm installing the FlightGear on my laptop Toshiba Satellite A300, via source code. My OS is Linux, Ubuntu 13.04 (LXDE). Well, before I had installed all dependencies, istalled OpenSceneGraphics, and before of FlightGear, I should compile before SimGear. Now, configuring, all ok, and then I type "make", how told me the INSTALL file. Everything work fine, until suddenly, at 60% show me an error message. I can't understand why it fails. The message is:

Code: Select all
[ 59%] Building CXX object simgear/CMakeFiles/SimGearScene.dir/scene/material/EffectGeode.cxx.o
/home/dave/src-FG/simgear/simgear/scene/material/EffectGeode.cxx: In member function ‘void simgear::EffectGeode::runGenerators(osg::Geometry*)’:
/home/dave/src-FG/simgear/simgear/scene/material/EffectGeode.cxx:83:23: error: ‘class osg::Geometry’ has no member named ‘setVertexAttribData’
/home/dave/src-FG/simgear/simgear/scene/material/EffectGeode.cxx:83:46: error: ‘ArrayData’ is not a member of ‘osg::Geometry’
/home/dave/src-FG/simgear/simgear/scene/material/EffectGeode.cxx:87:23: error: ‘class osg::Geometry’ has no member named ‘setVertexAttribData’
/home/dave/src-FG/simgear/simgear/scene/material/EffectGeode.cxx:87:46: error: ‘ArrayData’ is not a member of ‘osg::Geometry’
/home/dave/src-FG/simgear/simgear/scene/material/EffectGeode.cxx:91:23: error: ‘class osg::Geometry’ has no member named ‘setVertexAttribData’
/home/dave/src-FG/simgear/simgear/scene/material/EffectGeode.cxx:91:46: error: ‘ArrayData’ is not a member of ‘osg::Geometry’
make[2]: *** [simgear/CMakeFiles/SimGearScene.dir/scene/material/EffectGeode.cxx.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [simgear/CMakeFiles/SimGearScene.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

As you see, I don't know what to do. Please, could someone explain me how I can fix it to get compiled and installed simgear to continue compiling and installing the FlightGear?

Thanks very much.
A huge, from Spain.

PD: I don't know, can Flight Gear work very well on my laptop Toshiba Satellite A300-1B??
elaventurero

Re: Error while compiling SimGear

Postby F-JJTH » Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:17 pm

Hi,

You are certainly compiling an old SimGear version.
I invit you to use the "download_and_compile.sh" script used by most of Ubuntu/Debian user : http://wiki.flightgear.org/Scripted_Com ... ian/Ubuntu

Regards,
Clément
F-JJTH

Postby elaventurero » Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:03 pm

Ok, thank you for your answer, Clément. But it's very strange for me, because I have downloaded the simgear source code from flightgear.org/download/sourcecode... and the version of it, is 2.10, so, the tarball downloaded is "simgear-2.10.0.tar.bz2". So, I don't think the reason of the failure is by an old version of package. So, is very strange... I can't explain the reason if is the latest version... :?: :?:

Furthermore, I'm trying to probe with the script that you shared me, "download_and_compile.sh". So, let see if it work. And of course, I wonder if FlightGear run very well on my laptop. I think yes... :)
elaventurero

Postby F-JJTH » Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:13 pm

elaventurero wrote in Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:03 pm: I can't explain the reason if is the latest version... :?: :?:

Because you are certainly using a recent OSG version (3.1.8 or 3.1.9 maybe) and these OSG version require a change in SG. So SG 2.10 is officaly compatible with OSG 3.0.1 not OSG 3.1.8 or more.
SG 2.99 as the required patch and works for OSG 3.0.1 and 3.1.8/3.1.9

That's the reason ;)

Cheers,
Clément
F-JJTH

Postby elaventurero » Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:14 pm

Thank you, Clément. Now, I had compiled and installed SImGear. I did in that way, I did uninstall OSG, and reinstall the correct OSG. And it worked. All fine. Well, I continue with compiling and installing FG. So, again showed me an error.

Code: Select all
[ 98%] Building C object utils/fgadmin/src/CMakeFiles/fgadmin.dir/untarka.c.o
/home/dave/src-FG/flightgear/utils/fgadmin/src/untarka.c: In function ‘tarextract’:
/home/dave/src-FG/flightgear/utils/fgadmin/src/untarka.c:1467:12: warning: ignoring return value of ‘chdir’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result [-Wunused-result]
Linking CXX executable fgadmin
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libfltk.a(Fl_Preferences.o): undefined reference to symbol 'dlopen@@GLIBC_2.1'
/usr/bin/ld: note: 'dlopen@@GLIBC_2.1' is defined in DSO /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libdl.so.2 so try adding it to the linker command line
/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libdl.so.2: could not read symbols: Invalid operation
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [utils/fgadmin/src/fgadmin] Error 1
make[1]: *** [utils/fgadmin/src/CMakeFiles/fgadmin.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

Now, what is the reason in this case? may be an old version of GLIB? But, I don't understand what is the meaning of
is defined in DSO /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libdl.so.2 so try adding it to the linker command line
/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libdl.so.2: could not read symbols: Invalid operation
it?

Thank you very much for your patient.
elaventurero

Postby F-JJTH » Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:46 pm

This error is not related to GLIB but about libfltk.
Do a search in the forum with "fgadmin" and you will see a lot of topics related to your problem. It seems that removing libfltk1.3-dev solve the problem.
But take the time to read the experience from other user and try to solve your problem with their tips.

Cheers,
Clément
F-JJTH

Postby elaventurero » Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:22 pm

Thank you very much, Clément. I'm going to do it.
elaventurero

Return to Compiling