Board index FlightGear Development

Using FlightGear for route planning research

FlightGear is opensource, so you can be the developer. In the need for help on anything? We are here to help you.
Forum rules
Core development is discussed on the official FlightGear-Devel development mailing list.

Bugs can be reported in the bug tracker.

Using FlightGear for route planning research

Postby Doc_Cross » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:28 pm

I will be performing some research on how routes can be auto-generated for aircraft to navigate through an airport terminal (from gate to runway and vice versa). To test out these algorithms I would like to use a simulator that had actual airports and also had a lot of the ground traffic such as aircraft leaving, arriving, taxiing, pushback tugs, fuel vehicles etc. Basically I need to see how the algorithms would work at an airport with actual moving pieces. Since FlightGear is open source I know I can add many of these features myself but I will not have the time or money to do that. Therefor I am interested in knowing if FlightGear already has airport terminal that have various vehicles moving about?
Doc_Cross

Re: Using FlightGear for route planning research

Postby Michat » Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:22 am

Hi, see here http://wiki.flightgear.org/Interactive_traffic. In EHAM there is a ground network.
Michat

Version: 191b

Postby zakalawe » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:01 am

I'd suggest contacting Durk Talsma via the developers mailing list, since he wrote the current airport ground-network and traffic code.
zakalawe

Callsign: G-ZKLW
Version: next

Postby Doc_Cross » Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:35 pm

Thanks for the information
Doc_Cross

Postby Hooray » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:06 pm

see the /ai/ branch in the property tree using the property browser, where you'll find most AI traffic fully expose (lat,lon,alt,speed, orientation etc): http://wiki.flightgear.org/Property_Browser

Please don't send support requests by PM, instead post your questions on the forum so that all users can contribute and benefit
Thanks & all the best,
Hooray
Help write next month's newsletter !
pui2canvas | MapStructure | Canvas Development | Programming resources
Hooray

Pronouns: THOU

Return to Development