Board index FlightGear Multiplayer events

ATC events in Europe and at Marseille - France

Virtual fly-ins, fun flies, competitions, and other group events. Find out details of upcoming events, register for competitions, or organize your own tour of a favorite location.

Re: ATC events in Europe and at Marseille - France

Postby F-JJTH » Tue May 14, 2013 11:07 pm

Thanks you for the controlled flight this evening.
It give a new face to FlightGear !

Cheers,
Clément
F-JJTH

Postby lenny64600 » Wed May 15, 2013 1:14 pm

Hello Clément,

Thank you very much for this comment, you are very welcome and it is always a pleasure to handle confirmed pilots like you ! Just for my personal knowledge, are you a real pilot ?
BTW I see you come from the Provence region, and I'm constantly trying to improve scenery there. The next step I would like to improve are visual points (I think roads and railways are not enough). As you know the region, what if we cooperate to add significant antennas, buildings, etc... ?

About the website, I made some significant changes, and that could be interesting for Michat and wagnerw !

http://lenny64.free.fr/dev.php5

Here is a link (I will improve it) where you will be able to see if an airport is controlled (via the "isAirportControlled" query) and "getFlightplans" query. If you need help or change something, please contact me :)

And there is another session at EDDP, check it out :)
http://lenny64.free.fr/

Bye bye
*NEW : New website to follow ATC sessions : http://flightgear-atc.alwaysdata.net
Follow us on Twitter
@Flightgear_ATC
lenny64600

Callsign: LFOK_TW, F-LENNY

Postby F-JJTH » Wed May 15, 2013 2:39 pm

Yes, I'm a real pilot. I've my radio qualification and passenger qualification. But I'm not a old and experienced pilot, I'm pilot since 10 months and only 30~40 hours of flight.

If you want a detailed scenery I suggest you to use my scenery project : viewtopic.php?f=5&t=19748
Every airport are in 850 format and every departmental, national and highway road are present. Also river and railroad are present and a lot of town. It's really usefull for VFR flight.

Here is 3 screenshots of the scenery around LFML :
http://clemaez.fr/flightgear/Screenshot/lfml01.png
http://clemaez.fr/flightgear/Screenshot/lfml02.png
http://clemaez.fr/flightgear/Screenshot/lfml03.png

I'm the one who introduced the new transponder over network (re-worked by zakalawe) with help from Vivian and I will be happy to do some test once OpenRadar will be ready for it.

Cheers,
Clément
F-JJTH

Postby Michat » Wed May 15, 2013 4:44 pm

Good evening.

It seems that OpenRadar has a critical mass that can improve the experience for ATC.

Congratulation to clement for helping with transponder and for you lenny, your web page improvements are promising.

I wish to point two short things.

We must to be alert with the new canvas DOM integrations, still under research by TheTom. I detect great new options.

I suggest to use for all services FGCOM-Mumble.

Mumble is running in FG since 4 years ago, we have a lot of people working in good coordination thanks to braves volunteers whose share that servers.
I know that FGFrance la PAF uses mumble in different server, and I know our dear Bibi does use "our" server also. We have people from all around the world.

I'm very concerned in unification (don't confuse with globalization), for that that I suggest to use mumble on dacer.homeip.net no password needed, port default.
Also there is a back up mumble server from user alfo. Now I can't use mumble with a 800mghz pc, but we miss the french team online.

I know that fguk are using TS. Other now are using raidcall.

So that is my concern. To unify ATC, and teams in a single voice platform. Since the first fg-mumble-s was opened in JP long time ago, a bunch of work have been doing thanks to that voice service that makes things easier.

Thanks for your contributions.
Last edited by Michat on Fri May 17, 2013 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Michat

Version: 191b

Postby Omega » Wed May 15, 2013 10:52 pm

vATO has its own mumble server that we don't use very often so I decided to support ATC in Europe by adding some channels for all the airports currently on the website.
ATCs and pilots can use these channels whenever they want since the server is up 99% of the time. The server is also based around Germany so the ping will be perfect for most European connections. Although the maximum connections at a time is limited to 50 but then that is more than enough.

Lenny, feel free to advertise the connection details on the website:

Code: Select all
Address: mumble-de.cleanvoice.ru
Port: 63453

Or this link can be used to connect directly from the browser: mumble://mumble-de.cleanvoice.ru:63453/?version=1.2.3

Happy vectoring! :D
The engine is the heart of an aeroplane, but the pilot is its soul.
Omega

Callsign: Star,EHAA_CT,MIA0176
IRC name: Omega
Version: GIT

Postby Michat » Thu May 16, 2013 4:14 pm

Oh perfect, another mumble server.

Please people stop here, lets think a little before. Is clear that we have here a big problem. As I said before, we should unify services, for that I report of the existence of the mumble server working since 4-5 years, and to show that there is a problem with unification because the using of several new servers and app.

Is that what we really want? If so be free to made it, I don't think so.

Our mumble server, I say our because is for all FGers, It's not mine, I'm not the admin, so is not mine. This mumble server have more than 50 historic users (82). This is the question. Why the users after a big internationalization and unification 5 years effort, why now they must to change the server or program? That my concern, unification for fun, don't confuse freedom to do individual things with unification that is though to unify the user's experience not to divide the user experience on nobody knows, hundred of services and isolated boxes.

We have people from Brasil, France, Spain, Germany, UK, South Africa, Jamaica, Uruguay, Argentina, Colombia, Venezuela, Italy, Portugal, Australia, New zealand, Japan, Usa, Mexico, Canada, Netherland, Austria, Swiss, Andorra, Dominican Rep. , Benelux.

Main European towers are using this service with FGcom, should they change for another service o server to do the same they are doing for 5 years ago?.

The egg or the chicken, who was the first. People you decide, we have the awesome opportunity to do it well for the final user. Let help ourselves, lets help users.

Unification ATC is a capital issue. I vote to the common sense.
Michat

Postby Omega » Thu May 16, 2013 10:33 pm

Michat,

I didn't know that there was a mumble server already for FlightGear until I checked jomo's website, I thought it didn't really exist since the address that you posted was wrong :mrgreen: .
Still, I'm not forcing anyone to use it. This server was dedicated for vATO since the beginning and I'm just hosting a few channels for all the airports on lenny's website.
Omega

Postby Michat » Fri May 17, 2013 1:21 am

Omega thank you I made some mistake typing server.
Do whatever you like with your service. Still I'm calling to the common sense. Unification is better than division.

So you are duplicating services, next I can imagine that your are going to start a server address campaign. I'm not going to start a battle here.

Now the only idea that occurs to me for unification is how to move 85 users( 5 years ) to your service, instead that you join the flow, the rivers must adapt to you.

I'm sorry, if there is not point of agreement based in the commonwealth.

Sorry to kidnap this thread. For me is the end of discussion.

Thanks for sharing.
Michat

Postby Omega » Fri May 17, 2013 5:49 am

Alright then, since the services that I tried to provide were not appreciated, I deleted all the channels and I'm not advertising the vATO mumble server for European ATC anymore.

Hopefully this will bring the thread back to normal, everyone will be happy again and I'll try to stay out of your affairs.
Omega

Postby Michat » Fri May 17, 2013 6:32 pm

Omega I wish to say to you thanks, your decision is very appreciated. You can use the dacer.homeip.net to promote your services activities that to be honest are very welcome , needed and appreciated. I'm totally sure that unification will bring more opportunities for all. If you need an specific room, you can tell it to the german users. If you need my help with some graphics, count with me, I'm here to help. I now that our target is the same, we have same hobby, we love FG. My affairs are not different than yours, in my case is to give some graphics and translations for the wiki trying to improve FG. Our activities are shared by FG, so don't try to stay out of my affairs that finally are the same at yours. I'll feel bad if so.

Thank you
Michat

Postby lenny64600 » Sat May 18, 2013 8:15 am

Hello,

First of all, I would like to thank Evilslut who has made a great work to integrate ATC sessions into http://mpserver12.flightgear.org/ -> On each airport page you can see next ATC sessions that has been submited on http://lenny64.free.fr/

Michat and Omega, I don't know Mumble so I can't give my ideas on it. I personnally like the "realism" of FGCom, as it integrates frequency and ranges, and has a pretty nice FlightGear integration. But if many pilots uses Mumble, I should take a look to that software.

Some improvements about the website :
-- > Automatically filled form when you create a new ATC session (just select the airport, it will fill in every information)
-- > Improved flight plans filling form ! You don't need to fill a flightplan for your departure and arrival : only one is now required.
-- > Improved session management : if you are an ATC, you can access to your dashboard once you are connected
-- > One is now able to comment a flight plan that has already been filed. It's great to advise if you are late on your flight plan !

If there are some members of Virtual Airlines here, I think it would be great if we could find a way to file pilot's flight plans on my website : if there is an ATC, he/she would be able to see the pilot's destination, waypoints, etc... A little bit more realistic, don't you think so ?

Please leave some replies, improvement ideas, bug reports... thanks everyone !

Happy flying !

Bye
*NEW : New website to follow ATC sessions : http://flightgear-atc.alwaysdata.net
Follow us on Twitter
@Flightgear_ATC
lenny64600

Postby Michat » Sat May 18, 2013 3:42 pm

Hi Lenny, fgcom is the standard radio stack for FG, we use mumble only for, development, flying groups, and so on, there some atc rooms, but the radio is FGCOM,
we use mumble to help users installing fgcom.

For the moment I have no ideas :) Just A comment to say that I'm agree to be able to commens FP.

Cheers
Michat

Postby Johan G » Sat May 18, 2013 11:04 pm

lenny64600 wrote in Sat May 18, 2013 8:15 am:First of all, I would like to thank Evilslut who has made a great work to integrate ATC sessions into http://mpserver12.flightgear.org/ -> On each airport page you can see next ATC sessions that has been submited on http://lenny64.free.fr/

Looks nice, shows very comprehensive information about each airport and what's going on at them. 8)

lenny64600 wrote:Some improvements about the website :
-- > Automatically filled form when you create a new ATC session (just select the airport, it will fill in every information)
-- > Improved flight plans filling form ! You don't need to fill a flightplan for your departure and arrival : only one is now required.
-- > Improved session management : if you are an ATC, you can access to your dashboard once you are connected
-- > One is now able to comment a flight plan that has already been filed. It's great to advise if you are late on your flight plan !

Please leave some replies, improvement ideas, bug reports... thanks everyone !

The only "bad" thing was that I expected to be able to hide the "flightplan dialogue" by clicking on "File a flightplan" a second time.

Things are moving fast. :shock: :D I see a definitive need for an API if there will be a central flightplan repository/server. :wink:

EDIT: Made sure to mention the progress here in the monthly Newsletter on the wiki: Web tools for ATC sessions in Europe, FlightGear Newsletter May 2013. Going to bed, bye! zZZ
Low-level flying — It's all fun and games till someone looses an engine. (Paraphrased from a YouTube video)
Improving the Dassault Mirage F1 (Wiki, Forum, GitLab. Work in slow progress)
Some YouTube videos
Johan G

Callsign: SE-JG
IRC name: Johan_G
Version: 2020.3.4

Postby lenny64600 » Mon May 20, 2013 1:13 pm

The only "bad" thing was that I expected to be able to hide the "flightplan dialogue" by clicking on "File a flightplan" a second time.

Ok this is fixed :)

I see a definitive need for an API if there will be a central flightplan repository/server.

Yes, the next big improvement is to file flight plans automatically. The simpler might be a short URL request : callsign, departure and arrival info (airports, times), flight level if able, and waypoints.
I will also make more visible the way one files a flight plan. I think it will be at the top of the home page.

Made sure to mention the progress here in the monthly Newsletter on the wiki: Web tools for ATC sessions in Europe, FlightGear Newsletter May 2013.

Thanks a lot, this is very positive. The only question i would ask (I'm very sorry, I'm a newbie for those things) is "How could i edit this page ?" :)

And do not hesitate to tell me about improvements or bugs on this website. Bye bye
Follow us on Twitter
@Flightgear_ATC
lenny64600

Postby Johan G » Mon May 20, 2013 3:08 pm

lenny64600 wrote in Mon May 20, 2013 1:13 pm:

Ok this is fixed :)

To a degree. It might be that I have a rather old browser. If I click "File a flight plan" below the blue box with the airport name the flight plan form will show, but clicking there again does noting. Clicking the blue box with the airport name itself will flash the flightplan form (whether it was open or not), hide all open forms and jump the browser to the top of page (maybe the page is reloaded, but I am not sure, reloading it usually is quite slower).

lenny64600 wrote:The only question i would ask (I'm very sorry, I'm a newbie for those things) is "How could i edit this page ?" :)

In the top right corner of all wiki pages is a link to a form by which you can register and create a new account. If I'm not wrong you will get a confirmation email with a link to a page on the wiki that when accessed will confirm you new account.

For tips on how to edit wiki pages have a look at Help:Contents on the wiki.
Low-level flying — It's all fun and games till someone looses an engine. (Paraphrased from a YouTube video)
Improving the Dassault Mirage F1 (Wiki, Forum, GitLab. Work in slow progress)
Some YouTube videos
Johan G

Callsign: SE-JG
IRC name: Johan_G
Version: 2020.3.4

PreviousNext

Return to Multiplayer events