Board index FlightGear Media

Flightgear and Unity3D

Screenshots, videos, sound recording etc. taken in/with FlightGear.

Re: Flightgear and Unity3D

Postby chriscalef » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:02 am

Say, anybody around here have any brilliant ideas about how I might temporarily turn off the Menu gui, just for a screenshot, and then turn it back on when I'm done?
chriscalef

Postby Hooray » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:23 am

F10

BTW: How about reading the manual, or at least looking at the built-in help ?? :lol:
Please don't send support requests by PM, instead post your questions on the forum so that all users can contribute and benefit
Thanks & all the best,
Hooray
Help write next month's newsletter !
pui2canvas | MapStructure | Canvas Development | Programming resources
Hooray

Pronouns: THOU

Postby chriscalef » Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:44 pm

Ah, hehe, oops, there it is... thanks!
chriscalef

Postby chriscalef » Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:20 pm

So, in case anyone is interested in my little project here, I've managed to export some of the textures for my local area and get them working in my Unity world, as well as grabbing the height data from FG now instead of the custom terrain server I was using originally.

As you can see, it's still using the chunky 90m terrain, and my height sampling gets glitchy here and there (hence the needle problem down by the corner of the skybox). It's also slower than cold molasses when it comes to making the skyboxes and doing the terrain sampling, but I have a long list of planned optimizations and improvements going forward from here. Even as is, however, it should still be adequate for a player moving at normal human speed.

I have downloads available (currently windows only) if anyone really wants to try it - but the whole thing is so primitive at the moment that I'm not even gonna put up a link unless somebody REALLY wants to see it. :-) My flightgear build also has a bunch of fg_data in it that needs to be weeded down - currently the DL is over 800 megs.

We're definitely starting to have fun now, though!

Gratuitous thanks, again, to everyone who's ever worked on FlightGear, this is an amazing piece of software you all have created!!!
chriscalef

Postby chriscalef » Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:19 pm

Hey, just thought I'd throw up a more recent image here, incorporating OSM data and higher res terrain. It doesn't always work out so perfectly, but the road transition from local 3D space to flightgear skybox worked out particularly nicely in this shot:

chriscalef

Postby Thorsten » Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:42 pm

And... here's what FG standalone can do now - thanks to DFaber we're quite competitive :-)

Thorsten

Postby Hooray » Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:42 am

Please don't send support requests by PM, instead post your questions on the forum so that all users can contribute and benefit
Thanks & all the best,
Hooray
Help write next month's newsletter !
pui2canvas | MapStructure | Canvas Development | Programming resources
Hooray

Pronouns: THOU

Previous

Return to Media