Board index FlightGear Multiplayer events Virtual airlines

Merlion Website moved to flymerlion.org!

Discussion relating to virtual airlines.

Merlion Website moved to flymerlion.org!

Postby omega95 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:14 am

For over a month, merlion's web development team has been working on a new website for the airline! We've also built a new airline management system and are using what we like to call flightdeck, instead of the commonly used phpVMS because of the freedom we have to make our own additions, make any change that we want, write new systems without staying in phpVMS's limits. The looks of the new website is still in construction but a VA management system is ready for use! We've already had pilots filing pilot reports in the new website instead of the old.
Due to a change in password encryption system, previously registered pilots will need to reset their password here. The form will be closed in a few days, so if you miss it, please send an e-mail to support@flymerlion.org or webmaster@flymerlion.org!

Once you've registered or set your new password, you can either log in at the homepage, or go straight to the dashboard. The basic procedure for filing a flight report is slightly different from our old website. Here, you first log in, then go to Flight Search and search for your flight based on multiple optional filters including Departure Airport, Destination, Aircraft Type, Distance, and Scheduled Departure Time. Schedule Dep Time lets you look for flights based on the departure time and current UTC time, for example a flight scheduled to depart in the next 2 hours. Once you find the flight you're looking for, (the flight results page estimates the amount you would earn from flying this flight too!) you can book it by clicking on Book this Flight Now!. Then, in your Bookings page, you can either file a report on the selected flight or cancel your booking.

We're still working on parts of the website including our forum, information center, and some other stuff, so please bear with us for a little longer.

All of our data HAS been transferred from the old website (as of Jan 13, 2013) so you don't have to worry about losing your hours!

Thank you very much, and we hope you enjoy the new website!

And now, some screenshots of pages in the new website...

This screenshot shows the page displayed when I want to look at the stats of a flight I reported earlier.

And this one, of another flight reported by MIA0286

This one shows a map and list of all my Pilot Reports

Zoomed in to my hub...

Pilot Roster... Sortable by every column.

Dashboard

Flight Search Results... (I searched for flights from Hong Kong Intl. that is scheduled to depart in the next hour. :)

More work on the website in progress! :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Narendran
Webmaster, Merlion Virtual Airlines
Last edited by omega95 on Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Merlion Virtual Airlines - the experience of a flight time...
Get high quality aircraft, airports, video tutorials or development tools from my hangar.
omega95

Callsign: MIA0001, OM-EGA
IRC name: omega95
Version: 2.12 git

Re: Merlion Website moved to flymerlion.org!

Postby Johan G » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:11 pm

Somehow I can't see those screenshots. :(
Low-level flying — It's all fun and games till someone looses an engine. (Paraphrased from a YouTube video)
Improving the Dassault Mirage F1 (Wiki, Forum, GitLab. Work in slow progress)
Some YouTube videos
Johan G

Callsign: SE-JG
IRC name: Johan_G
Version: 2020.3.4

Postby omega95 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:12 pm

Johan G wrote in Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:11 pm:Somehow I can't see those screenshots. :(

Well, I suppose if you want to host images, nothing's better than using your own host! :roll:
Merlion Virtual Airlines - the experience of a flight time...
Get high quality aircraft, airports, video tutorials or development tools from my hangar.
omega95

Callsign: MIA0001, OM-EGA
IRC name: omega95
Version: 2.12 git

Postby Figaro » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:57 pm

Right click + "Open in New Tab" works well ;)

Cheers,
Sam.
Figaro

Callsign: 4L-FIG

Postby Michat » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:02 am

Wow, CONGRATULATIONS Narendran, pretty nice web page design.

Thanks for sharing.
Michat

Version: 191b

Postby thefligher123 » Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:51 am

Hey, I am interested in joining the organisation, Merlion Virtual Airlines, but I cannot find the main website to acctually sign up.

Could anybody give me a link to the website and it will be very much appreciated.

Thankyou.
thefligher123

Postby thefligher123 » Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:54 am

Oh im very sorry, my mistake.

I just realised it was on the CrewCentre page.

Happy flying.
thefligher123

Return to Virtual airlines