Board index FlightGear Development Aircraft

Driving Instruments from MATLAB

Questions and discussion about creating aircraft. Flight dynamics, 3d models, cockpits, systems, animation, textures.

Driving Instruments from MATLAB

Postby rotofro » Fri Aug 03, 2007 5:44 pm

I'm using MATLAB to drive FG using the 'Pack net_fdm' block in Simulink. Some of the instruments aren't working, and I was wondering where exactly the instruments get their values from? I'm specifically interested in the G-meter.

Also, has anyone had any luck displaying the 2d instrument panel from any other view other than the cockpit? Thanks in advance.
rotofro

Re: Driving Instruments from MATLAB

Postby Ampere » Sat Aug 04, 2007 5:41 am

rotofro wrote:I'm using MATLAB to drive FG using the 'Pack net_fdm' block in Simulink. Some of the instruments aren't working, and I was wondering where exactly the instruments get their values from? I'm specifically interested in the G-meter.

Animations, including instruments, are driven by the property system in FlightGear. The particular property that a instrument gets it value from can be found in the instrument's XML file. Look for the following line:
Code: Select all
<prop>...</prop>

With Matlab, you should then be able to change that property remotely thus drive the instrument.
Ampere

Postby rotofro » Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:56 pm

thanks. i finally figured it out. i appreciate the help.
rotofro

Return to Aircraft