Board index FlightGear Development Aircraft Liveries

Livery database

Discussion of aircraft textures and liveries

Re: Livery database

Postby gooneybird » Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:18 pm

Surely it would be better to upload the files in the format it was created in, I know there are several other people beside myself who work in vector format (svg) and having to convert that to a bitmap format would be a retrograde step.
It is also easier to convert an svg file to bitmap format than the other way round.
My Github repository (mostly AI stuff) https://github.com/gooneybird47
gooneybird

Postby Gijs » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:11 pm

Oh yes, that's true! Penta, listen to the true maestro please ;-)
Airports: EHAM, EHLE, KSFO
Aircraft: 747-400
Gijs

Callsign: PH-GYS
Version: Git

Postby penta » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:37 am

gooneybird wrote in Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:18 pm:Surely it would be better to upload the files in the format it was created in, I know there are several other people beside myself who work in vector format (svg) and having to convert that to a bitmap format would be a retrograde step.
It is also easier to convert an svg file to bitmap format than the other way round.

That's also my opinion: that's why I asked if it would possible to upload a svg file. In fact I have a svg file with panel lines and rivets in vector format and some raster layers for dirt and ambient occlusion. That's the file I want to upload but its size is greater than 10MB...

I've another problem: yesterday I tried to upload to the livery database a zip file created with FileRoller under Ubuntu but I got the following error message on the upload form:
"We only accept packages in ZIP format. Your file was recognised as \"application/octet-stream\" with extension .zip."
When I created the zip under winXP I didn't get the error.
penta

Postby Gijs » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:41 am

Please send the file directly to my email (you should have my address). You may need to upload it somewhere, don't know my email limit...

I will fix the Ubuntu zip issue today. Thanks for reporting! I can only test it on Windows ;-)
Gijs

Postby penta » Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:29 pm

Gijs wrote in Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:41 am:Please send the file directly to my email (you should have my address). You may need to upload it somewhere, don't know my email limit...

Ok, I've your address and I will upload it to dropbox. I'm looking for some free time to adjust some small detail on the template, then I will send it to you the link.

Gijs wrote in Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:41 am:I will fix the Ubuntu zip issue today. Thanks for reporting! I can only test it on Windows ;-)

Thank you for taking the time to fix it!
penta

Postby Gijs » Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:07 pm

penta wrote in Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:37 am:"We only accept packages in ZIP format. Your file was recognised as \"application/octet-stream\" with extension .zip."

Hm, did the error really include the \" tags?
Gijs

Postby penta » Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:52 pm

No sorry! I wanted to include the error text in double quotes but I wrote it in a wrong way.
penta

Postby Gijs » Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:03 pm

Ah ok :-) Then I don't know why it failed. application/octet-stream is an accepted type and the extension was also reported well...

Could you try again (add to the comment field that it is a test), or send me the (Ubuntu packed file) so I can have a closer look at it?
Gijs

Postby penta » Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:42 pm

Gijs wrote in Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:03 pm:Ah ok :-) Then I don't know why it failed. application/octet-stream is an accepted type and the extension was also reported well...

Could you try again (add to the comment field that it is a test), or send me the (Ubuntu packed file) so I can have a closer look at it?

Here is a screencapture of the error (consider only the first line of the error):

And here you can download the zip package made with fileroller under Ubuntu 12.04:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/10312034/N47542.zip

I noticed another thing that could be improved: is it possible to check thumbnail, license and other fields prior to upload the file? In the example image I posted above, I got the error message about thumbnail and license only when the file (pretty big) was uploaded. Doing the checks first, will save user to do a long upload twice or more.

Thanks for your help Gijs.
penta

Postby Gijs » Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:26 pm

Hm, your file processed fine here. So, at your screenshot, I do see the \" tags. That is probably the issue... No idea why they end up there, but I'll have to edit my script to allow this "type" as well...

I've just added some "real-time" checks. Good idea!

I got the error message about thumbnail and license only when the file (pretty big) was uploaded.

That is because the license and thumbnail are reset when there is a problem. The file is not uploaded btw, unless everything is error-free.
The license checkbox setting is now saved after submitting, but I cannot save the file (due to security risks), so you'll have to reselect the files each time. However, with the "live" checks, this should occur less often. ;-)
Gijs

Postby penta » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:17 pm

Gijs wrote in Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:26 pm:Hm, your file processed fine here. So, at your screenshot, I do see the \" tags. That is probably the issue... No idea why they end up there, but I'll have to edit my script to allow this "type" as well...
I've just added some "real-time" checks. Good idea!

Thanks, just tried an upload and the checks works as expected! but I have again the error message when uploading a zip package created under ubuntu:

Error
We only accept packages in ZIP format. Your file was recognised as \"application/octet-stream\" with extension .zip.
penta

Postby Gijs » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:29 pm

Oops, completely forgot about adding the quotation marks to the "acceptable" types. Please remind me if I don't report it fixed by tomorrow afternoon (cannot do it today).
Gijs

Postby Gijs » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:53 pm

Done. Please test if it works now.
Gijs

Postby penta » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:10 pm

Gijs wrote in Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:53 pm:Done. Please test if it works now.

There should be a b1900d livery in the queue! ;-)
Thanks for making it work!
penta

Postby Gijs » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:46 pm

It worked :-)
It's now online for everyone to enjoy: http://liveries.flightgear.org/liveries.php?id=876

Thanks!
Gijs

PreviousNext

Return to Liveries