Board index FlightGear Support Compiling

compiling simgear 2.4 and 2.6 error in soundmgr_openal.cxx

Building FlightGear from source, and in the need for help?

compiling simgear 2.4 and 2.6 error in soundmgr_openal.cxx

Postby pola » Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:01 pm

Hi there,

i am running Slackware 12.0 and have allready a runing flightgear version 1.0.
My goal is to compile the newest Atlas-cvs to get a thicker Flight Path and a Aicraft Icon.
For the newest Atlas-cvs i need at least simgear 2.4.
I tried to compile it but got an error regarding soundmgr_openal.cxx:115 error: invalid conversion from 'const char*' to 'const ALubyte*'
I thought i ll give it a try to install simgear 2.6. After updating/compiling cmake and freealut i was able to run cmake on simgear 2.6.
The same error occured there just in a different line:

Code: Select all
[ 97%] Building CXX object simgear/sound/CMakeFiles/sgsound.dir/soundmgr_openal.cxx.o
In file included from /home/panavia/Desktop/sw/simgear-2.6.0/simgear/math/SGMath.hxx:38,
                 from /home/panavia/Desktop/sw/simgear-2.6.0/simgear/sound/sample_group.hxx:49,
                 from /home/panavia/Desktop/sw/simgear-2.6.0/simgear/sound/soundmgr_openal.hxx:57,
                 from /home/panavia/Desktop/sw/simgear-2.6.0/simgear/sound/soundmgr_openal.cxx:42:
/home/panavia/Desktop/sw/simgear-2.6.0/simgear/math/SGVec3.hxx:34: warning: ignoring #pragma GCC diagnostic
/home/panavia/Desktop/sw/simgear-2.6.0/simgear/math/SGVec3.hxx:52: warning: ignoring #pragma GCC diagnostic
/home/panavia/Desktop/sw/simgear-2.6.0/simgear/sound/soundmgr_openal.cxx: In member function 'void SGSoundMgr::init(const char*)':
/home/panavia/Desktop/sw/simgear-2.6.0/simgear/sound/soundmgr_openal.cxx:116: error: invalid conversion from 'const char*' to 'const ALubyte*'
/home/panavia/Desktop/sw/simgear-2.6.0/simgear/sound/soundmgr_openal.cxx:116: error:   initializing argument 1 of 'ALCdevice* alcOpenDevice(const ALubyte*)'
/home/panavia/Desktop/sw/simgear-2.6.0/simgear/sound/soundmgr_openal.cxx: In member function 'bool SGSoundMgr::load(std::string&, void**, int*, size_t*, int*)':
/home/panavia/Desktop/sw/simgear-2.6.0/simgear/sound/soundmgr_openal.cxx:604: error: expected initializer before '*' token
/home/panavia/Desktop/sw/simgear-2.6.0/simgear/sound/soundmgr_openal.cxx:605: error: 'errorString' was not declared in this scope
/home/panavia/Desktop/sw/simgear-2.6.0/simgear/sound/soundmgr_openal.cxx: In member function 'std::vector<const char*, std::allocator<const char*> > SGSoundMgr::get_available_devices()':
/home/panavia/Desktop/sw/simgear-2.6.0/simgear/sound/soundmgr_openal.cxx:637: error: expected initializer before '*' token
/home/panavia/Desktop/sw/simgear-2.6.0/simgear/sound/soundmgr_openal.cxx:639: error: invalid conversion from 'const char*' to 'const ALCubyte*'
/home/panavia/Desktop/sw/simgear-2.6.0/simgear/sound/soundmgr_openal.cxx:639: error:   initializing argument 2 of 'ALCboolean alcIsExtensionPresent(ALCdevice*, const ALCubyte*)'
/home/panavia/Desktop/sw/simgear-2.6.0/simgear/sound/soundmgr_openal.cxx:640: error: 's' was not declared in this scope
/home/panavia/Desktop/sw/simgear-2.6.0/simgear/sound/soundmgr_openal.cxx:642: error: 's' was not declared in this scope
/home/panavia/Desktop/sw/simgear-2.6.0/simgear/sound/soundmgr_openal.cxx:645: error: 's' was not declared in this scope
/home/panavia/Desktop/sw/simgear-2.6.0/simgear/sound/soundmgr_openal.cxx:646: error: 'ALCchar' was not declared in this scope
/home/panavia/Desktop/sw/simgear-2.6.0/simgear/sound/soundmgr_openal.cxx:646: error: 'nptr' was not declared in this scope
/home/panavia/Desktop/sw/simgear-2.6.0/simgear/sound/soundmgr_openal.cxx:646: error: 'ptr' was not declared in this scope
/home/panavia/Desktop/sw/simgear-2.6.0/simgear/sound/soundmgr_openal.cxx:646: error: expected primary-expression before ')' token
/home/panavia/Desktop/sw/simgear-2.6.0/simgear/sound/soundmgr_openal.cxx:646: error: expected `;' before 's'
make[2]: *** [simgear/sound/CMakeFiles/sgsound.dir/soundmgr_openal.cxx.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [simgear/sound/CMakeFiles/sgsound.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

OpenAL
Plib
OpenSceneGarph
Boost

is installed!

Any helpful hints are more then appreciated.
Thank you very much. Best Regards Pola
Last edited by Gijs on Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: [code] tags
pola

Re: compiling simgear 2.4 and 2.6 error in soundmgr_openal.c

Postby pola » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:11 am

Hi there again...

The only purpose for that PC is to run Atlas.
I dont need sound for that PC.

Is there a possibility to compile it without sound?

I reckogn the problem has something todo with openal or alut!

Any help or tips are really needed now!
Its my 3rd day trying to solve the problem....
Can i supply more information. What do you need!?

Thanks a lot pola
pola

Postby Bjoern » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:00 pm

I think you also need (free)ALUT for FG/SG...
Bjoern

Version: Next

Postby pola » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:10 pm

Thank you for your answer Bjoern.

I really had to go back in time and had to install OpenAL 0.0.8.
After that i was able to install freealut. With the newest OpenAL i got errors during make.

So after a lot of struggle i could install simgear 2.4.
But still having trouble with the newest Atlas-cvs.

Image.o: In function `loadJPEG(char const*, int*, int*, int*, float*)':
/home/panavia/Desktop/sw/Atlas-0.3.0-newest-cvs/Atlas/src/Image.cxx:77: undefined reference to `jpeg_std_error(jpeg_error_mgr*)'

I am talking to the Atlas-devel group about that problem allready.

Its a old system from 2008 which of course makes a lot of trouble installing new things...

Topic can be closed.
Thx pola
pola

Return to Compiling