Board index FlightGear Development Aircraft

Airbus A320neo (A319,A320,A321)

Questions and discussion about creating aircraft. Flight dynamics, 3d models, cockpits, systems, animation, textures.

Re: Airbus A320neo (A319,A320,A321)

Postby awexome » Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:54 am

Holla,

Well done to you.
This may just compete against the real thing. Which of the two pictures is the model?

awexome-ly
When one thinks, one looks up to the skies.
I inspire, think, and seek the skies ------- mijiny <aka awexome[2138]>
awexome

Callsign: SHA7
Version: GIT

Postby scotth1 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:07 pm

bicyus wrote in Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:15 pm:Omega95, right but i think it will be better directly on scotth Airbus-aircraft project.

right for now, but i would move it, when new repo on Scoth Airbus-aircraft project is ready.

Also, notify us, when 3d cockpit model is ready, so we could all help on xml stuff ;-)

Yeah I think it is better to keep everything together, nobody can keep track of multiple projects or multiple repositories.
Simply create a new branch under the existing A320neo repository under the airbus-aircraft project is what I would suggest.
Git can handle "move" actions on files.

S.
scotth1

Callsign: VH-SHA
Version: Git next

Postby omega95 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:27 pm

scotth1 wrote in Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:07 pm:
bicyus wrote in Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:15 pm:Omega95, right but i think it will be better directly on scotth Airbus-aircraft project.

right for now, but i would move it, when new repo on Scoth Airbus-aircraft project is ready.

Also, notify us, when 3d cockpit model is ready, so we could all help on xml stuff ;-)

Yeah I think it is better to keep everything together, nobody can keep track of multiple projects or multiple repositories.
Simply create a new branch under the existing A320neo repository under the airbus-aircraft project is what I would suggest.
Git can handle "move" actions on files.

S.

I was trying to do that but then branches get too confusing sometimes, and I thought the a320neo repo is for files that can be run in FG, thus there're copies of files in other branches.

If we're trying to keep it together or something, can there be a development repository in the airbus-aircraft project where we can keep development files?

awexome wrote in Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:54 am:This may just compete against the real thing. Which of the two pictures is the model?

Out of the 2 pictures I posted? Both are the model.. :D

Anyway, I'm working on the rest of the cockpit shell atm. :wink:

i will propose, if you are doing rest of the cocpit to model the cockpit Door, to be able to open it. ;-)

I was thinking of that tooo but that'd require us to cut open the main fuselage model too... which means re-mapping and all that crap. I'll keep the cockpit door as a separate object, so that when we DO get the time or when someone decides to cut open the aircraft, we can animate the door. :wink:
Merlion Virtual Airlines - the experience of a flight time...
Get high quality aircraft, airports, video tutorials or development tools from my hangar.
omega95

Callsign: MIA0001, OM-EGA
IRC name: omega95
Version: 2.12 git

Postby scotth1 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:30 pm

omega95 wrote in Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:27 pm:I was trying to do that but then branches get too confusing sometimes, and I thought the a320neo repo is for files that can be run in FG, thus there're copies of files in other branches.

If we're trying to keep it together or something, can there be a development repository in the airbus-aircraft project where we can keep development files?

FWIW I treat fgdata and the aircraft specific repository under flightgear project as the live codebase for FG users, since that matches the stable release of simgear and flightgear.

So... branches are not really too difficult if you keep a low number of branches you want to switch between, and the point of Git is for multiple developers to commit to the same branch, so don't create a branch for each person who is developing, create one feature branch (such as devel) or just develop in the mainline. Yeah branches can be confusing if you are jumping between them, so that means you just try to work in one branch, then merge it back to the mainline once it's all working.

If you split development between several repositories how are you going to merge all the changes back together, that's exactly why branches were created, it's like a mini repository but you can merge everything back easily. It's up to you guys how you want to work, but my suggestion is just create a single development branch, work on that until everything is working fine, then merge that back to the mainline.

S.
scotth1

Postby omega95 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:41 pm

If you split development between several repositories how are you going to merge all the changes back together, that's exactly why branches were created, it's like a mini repository but you can merge everything back easily. It's up to you guys how you want to work, but my suggestion is just create a single development branch, work on that until everything is working fine, then merge that back to the mainline.

Well, that's 1 thing... we don't exactly want a section to merge into the main thing later. We want a section to keep files which aren't yet part of the aircraft at all. Like models, or textures... :?
Get high quality aircraft, airports, video tutorials or development tools from my hangar.
omega95

Postby scotth1 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:24 pm

Sorry, I don't think I follow you.

If it was me, I'd just do the following;

1. create a git tag call it something like "V1_final"
2. make sure that tag is pushed to origin
3. create the new directory structure
4. add the new model files to the new structure
5. move any existing files to new directories
6. delete old directory structure
7. git commit
8. git push to origin

I just think creating new gitorious projects and repositories is hard for people to track.

S.
scotth1

Postby bicyus » Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:40 pm

scotth we speak about somewhere to store files needed for the aircraft, but that are not part of it and realy don't need track or versions.

* Documentation (Tones of it!) fbw, aircraft, fmgc, pilot brief operation...
* Textures edition
* Development 3D models
* etc..

these files will in some future "OUTPUT" some files for the A320neo aircraft, but until then there are not part of the Aircraft directory.

there are no something we need to keep track. just store until they provide final... textures, models... etc.

we may use a branch on A320neo, and that will work, but, it is not a branch. first after create such a branch should be, delete all actual files and directory... so maybe no much sense.

I realy don't know. its more like a warehouse of needed files.
maybe create a gitorious.org/airbus-aircraft/warehouse.git ? inside it one folder for every Airbus-aircraft, this way should be used by all Airbus projects :wink:

#################################

FBW

Omega95, i'm heavyly function-izating the fbw.nas!! to keep much more simpler update function. ;-)

i will consider changing property structures, using /systems/fbw/.... using a bit os same logic from the files structure. ;-)
bicyus

Callsign: Bicyus
Version: 2.6

Postby omega95 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:46 pm

bicyus wrote in Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:40 pm:scotth we speak about somewhere to store files needed for the aircraft, but that are not part of it and realy don't need track or versions.

* Documentation (Tones of it!) fbw, aircraft, fmgc, pilot brief operation...
* Textures edition
* Development 3D models
* etc..

these files will in some future "OUTPUT" some files for the A320neo aircraft, but until then there are not part of the Aircraft directory.

EXACTLY!

It's NOT supposed to go into the aircraft atm.

I'd suggest a whole repo instead of a branch as then we can create further branches like 'flightdeck', 'cabin' etc. and have work based on these sub-groups there. :wink:
omega95

Postby bicyus » Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:56 pm

omega95 wrote in Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:46 pm:I'd suggest a whole repo instead of a branch as then we can create further branches like 'flightdeck', 'cabin' etc. and have work based on these sub-groups there. :wink:

wheel, i think no branch needed. just different folders...
bicyus

Postby omega95 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:15 pm

Finished the basic shell, I'll do the handles and stuff later. Tmrw, I'll work on fixing some minor vertex positions and then getting this into FG. :)

omega95

Postby bicyus » Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:17 pm

Can't wait to fly in that cockpit :D

Well guys, http://wiki.flightgear.org/index.php?title=Airbus_A320neo/Development is taking shape ;-) i would ask you to register any working development, there, and anounce on the forum, so we all keep some track on the status. ;-)

there has been some post's on forum and a paragraph on development wiki:

The nav display is common to the A320, A330 and A340 series, so ideally would be shared between all three. Using the C++ NavDisplay instrument available in FG 2.6, Scott has created a full-functioning display for the A380, which can be adapted for the A320 with minimal effort, I hope. (It's probably not possible to share the actual XML between the A320/340 and the A380, alas). Contact James or Scott before spending time on this task, please.

well i would like to comment about it.

I haven't yet take a look at A380 NavDisplay and don't know ATM what that new C++ NavDisplay stuff works, but i would encourage the developer to take a look first on how the A320neo NAvdisplay works.

A320neo ND it's NEW, and developed for the A320neo, even if it's not complete, so maybe we don't need to REDO it full... just add some new layers etc...

but now again, i don't know if that is possible or not, or if it makes more sense to through it all away and start over with A380 ND.

Just have that in mind. ;-)

EDIT: Can't find any information on that C++ NavDisplay stuff ... can someone provide info?
bicyus

Postby scotth1 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:51 am

I was going to look at adding the C++ nav display to the A320neo, I'll wait until the new modelling of the cockpit is done, it's not too difficult, it adds waypoint, route path, VOR/NDB markers on the ND.

S.
scotth1

Postby omega95 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:10 pm

I was going to look at adding the C++ nav display to the A320neo, I'll wait until the new modelling of the cockpit is done, it's not too difficult, it adds waypoint, route path, VOR/NDB markers on the ND.

Awesome :D - http://wiki.flightgear.org/Airbus_A320neo/Development#Navigation_Display

Other than that, I've completed the rudder pedal. :) Atm, I'm getting the flightdeck into flightgear...

I will not be able to work on the aircraft for 2 or 3 days as I'm going over to my grandparents for a festival here.

Cheers.
omega95

Postby bicyus » Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:57 am

The next Airbus A320neo release is going to be the "Awesome" codename! xD hands up?

i want to seat in that cockpit NOW!! ;-) if we add some rembrant light on it :P

About FBW things are going great! Polly's PIDs are Awesome and the feeling is great!
The nasal code is getting structured and simplified.
from last commit:
- Reestructure of Airbus FBW, Flight envelope
- Soft bank
- Hard bank
- Alpha min
- Alpha prot
- Alpha floor (full engines power, speedbrakes retraction)
- Alpha max

i think it only needs a small function reorder, and everything is prepared to easily add more flight safety features ;-)

take a look at https://gitorious.org/airbus-aircraft/a320neo/commits/fbw-devel
bicyus

Postby omega95 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:09 pm

Hey there, I'm back! :D

And I just learnt a lot about the Airbus A320/A330/A340 mCDU and FMGC, and I've got a good idea how I'll be making those. But then that includes a whole new autopilot too to cope up with stuff like accuracy, limits, multiple routes, temporary flight plans etc. I mean, we could "MANAGE" with the generic AP/RM but a new one would be easier to make like the real thing... I already have the basic idea of how it's gunna work in my mind, so I'd request to make (atleast start, then awexome and Hooray can come and fix the code :wink: ) the new flight guidance system myself.

Alrighty then... So now, I'm gunna just PUT the flightdeck into FG and do some basic animations and hopefully, Jon'd do the rest of the xml... Then I'm gunna work on the FMGC and MCDU. :D

Cheers.
omega95

PreviousNext

Return to Aircraft