Board index FlightGear Support Tools FGRun

Fatal error while launching fgfs under Windows

FGRun is a no-longer maintained graphical frontend to run FlightGear.

Fatal error while launching fgfs under Windows

Postby Fatima » Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:28 pm

Hello, I've installed and compiled sources of FG from Gitorious. It was successfull for the release compilation.
WHile I'm trying to launch fgfs under Windows command DOS, I get systematically a fatal error: Unrecognized flight model 'jsb', cannot init flight dynamics model.
I'm using a NVIDIA Quadro FX 570, with Intel Core 2 Duo CPU, 2.80 GHz, 1.96 Go of RAM, Windows XP Prof Version 2002, SP3.
Can you please help me because I don't understand why I get this error... ? The command DOS is for instance fgfs --aero=MC-15.

Many thanks,

Fatima
Fatima

Re: Fatal error while launching fgfs under Windows

Postby BRT » Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:19 am

did you install V2.0 or V2.4?

:)
BRT

Postby Figaro » Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:01 pm

BRT, he said Gitorious.

Please post only when/where useful. I've found 4 utterly useless posts in the space of 10min.

Fatima, the only solution I can think of is to not use DOS, however I've not used DOS in a LONG time, so I may be biased.

Cheers,
Figaro

Callsign: 4L-FIG

Postby Alant » Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:42 pm

Try the command "fgfs" by itself. You should get the default aircraft.

You can also click on fgfs.exe and see if that runs - it should also bring up the default aircraft.

You could add something like --fg-root=C:/FlightGear/data and --fg-scenery=C:/FlightGear/Scenery (dependant on where you have dgdata and scenery installed) to your command line, and add them to system.fgfsrc file.
Alant

Callsign: Tarnish99
Version: latest Git

Postby AndersG » Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:47 pm

Fatima wrote in Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:28 pm:WHile I'm trying to launch fgfs under Windows command DOS, I get systematically a fatal error: Unrecognized flight model 'jsb', cannot init flight dynamics.
The command DOS is for instance fgfs --aero=MC-15

Hi,

Two things to check:
1. The --aero argument is rarely used. To load a full aircraft you use --aircraft=....
Are you sure you should be using --aero? (I've never used it so I don't know if it might be broken)
2. You can build FG with only a subset of the flight models, so, however unlikely, your build might be without JSBSim built in. If any of the standard JSBSim aircraft (e.g. c172p) load this is not the case.

/Anders
Last edited by AndersG on Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Callsign: SE-AG
Aircraft (uhm...): Submarine Scout, Zeppelin NT, ZF Navy free balloon, Nordstern, Hindenburg, Short Empire flying-boat, ZNP-K, North Sea class, MTB T21 class, U.S.S. Monitor, MFI-9B, Type UB I submarine, Gokstad ship, Renault FT.
AndersG

Postby BRT » Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:11 pm

well gitorius is a download site too :-P
BRT

Postby Fatima » Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:30 am

Many thanks for all your help.
So, if I try to launch directly fgfs.exe from C:\FGdev\flightgear\projects\VC90\Win32\Release, I get the following message in a dos windows:
Base package check failed:
Version [none] found at: ..\data
Version 2.5.0 is required.
PLease upgrade/downgrade base package and set the path to your fgdata with --fg-root=path_to_your_fgdata
Hit a key to continue

Cheers,
Fatima
Fatima

Postby Fatima » Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:47 am

In the DOS command, if I write : fgfs --fg-root=C:\FGdev\data --aircraft=MC-15
The FlightGear MC-15 CriCri loads but I get a fatal error during the initializing subsystems' phase . In the DOS command, I have: Fatal error: Unrecognized flight model 'yasim', cannot init flight dynamics model.

If I set the Dos command by default, I mean, fgfs --fg-root=C:\FGdev\data, the C172p aircraft is loading but I get the Fatal error: Unrecognized flight model 'jsb', cannot init flight dynamics model.
Fatima

Postby AndersG » Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:19 pm

Fatima wrote in Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:47 am:In the DOS command, if I write : fgfs --fg-root=C:\FGdev\data --aircraft=MC-15
The FlightGear MC-15 CriCri loads but I get a fatal error during the initializing subsystems' phase . In the DOS command, I have: Fatal error: Unrecognized flight model 'yasim', cannot init flight dynamics model.

If I set the Dos command by default, I mean, fgfs --fg-root=C:\FGdev\data, the C172p aircraft is loading but I get the Fatal error: Unrecognized flight model 'jsb', cannot init flight dynamics model.

It looks like your build is indeed flawed and lacking the FDMs. Try regenerating the build files for FG with cmake and rebuild it from scratch.

/Anders
Aircraft (uhm...): Submarine Scout, Zeppelin NT, ZF Navy free balloon, Nordstern, Hindenburg, Short Empire flying-boat, ZNP-K, North Sea class, MTB T21 class, U.S.S. Monitor, MFI-9B, Type UB I submarine, Gokstad ship, Renault FT.
AndersG

Postby Fatima » Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:17 pm

Hello Anders,

Many thanks for your help.
It's better now but the FlightGear is blocked to the step of "loading scenery" for all kind of aircrafts.
Could you please help me?
You'll find here https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Sw7 ... X8KdM/edit a screenshot of the program & the command DOS.

Cheers,
Fatima
Fatima

Return to FGRun