Board index FlightGear Development Aircraft

Dornier DO328TP/ JET

Questions and discussion about creating aircraft. Flight dynamics, 3d models, cockpits, systems, animation, textures.

Dornier DO328TP/ JET

Postby HHS » Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:10 am

For the Community:
Sent from an anonymous author calling himself "The Stig":
------------------------------------------------------------------
Customized FDM (YASim) by him after some pilot reports is in a good progress- needs just some finetuning
3D, animation and shader config by him; the nasal scripts, systems and instruments will be mostly based on Syd Adam's GNU GPL'ed work.

Expect that you can paint all 4 sides of the fuselage and all other things as well. (Hello Gooneybird!)

Important: Release time: when ready- don't ask when!

DO328JET images will come right after finishing all animations for the DO328TP

Licence: GNU GPL
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So "The Stig" is working on my very most favourite TurboProp/Jet: the Dornier DO328! I think there are some others as well, who wants it! :D
Up, up and away
HHS

Version: GIT

Re: Dornier DO328TP/ JET

Postby Groucho » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:25 am

This is a nice coincidence. Two weeks ago I was visiting the the 80th anniversary celebration of the Do-X landing in New York being held during the Do-Days (Dornier Days) at the Dornier Museum located at Friedrichshafen airport (EDNY).
They had several Do27 being still active and an A380 passed the location three times on low-flight (unfortunately I missed that one due to 3 traffic jams having been caused by tourists but at least it passed pretty low over my car once).
In (and outside) the museum there is a static display including two Do228 (amongst other great items of interests) but no 328 which I personally find is missing there as wel las in FlightGear. This one is my all time favorite so I am pretty excited that it will make its way into FG. Well done.

If you aeronautics enthusiasts are looking for a highlight in aviation history display do consider a visit to EDNY, Germany´s largest regional airport and its big record in aviation pioneering with the Zeppelin and Dornier families. Both museums are highly worth a visit with my favorite being the Dornier one with its high tech design and interior:
http://www.dorniermuseum.de/en/home.html
http://www.zeppelin-museum.de/home_en.0.html
Helis: EC130, Bo105, UH-1, R22
Twins/Jets: Aerostar, CRJ-200
Groucho

Callsign: D-HARP

Postby Sealbhach » Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:58 pm

Great! This is such a cool looking plane.

Sealbhach

Postby 439Tiger » Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:35 pm

HHS wrote in Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:10 am:For the Community:
Sent from an anonymous author calling himself "The Stig":
------------------------------------------------------------------
Customized FDM (YASim) by him after some pilot reports is in a good progress- needs just some finetuning
3D, animation and shader config by him; the nasal scripts, systems and instruments will be mostly based on Syd Adam's GNU GPL'ed work.

Expect that you can paint all 4 sides of the fuselage and all other things as well. (Hello Gooneybird!)

DO328JET images will come right after finishing all animations for the DO328TP

Licence: GNU GPL
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So "The Stig" is working on my very most favourite TurboProp/Jet: the Dornier DO328! I think there are some others as well, who wants it! :D

These two aircraft will be great additions to the regional airliners fleet...I might be tempted to give a hand doing a few liveries like this one for example:

If Brett wants to do the Euro's I can take a break from the Twotter and do the North American ones, there aren't that many. 8)

I wonder if we can't adapt its FDM so that we could have the DO228 as well to go along with the Twotter for the Himalayan fleet? :wink:
Specializing in Canadian built aircraft and aircraft flown by the RCAF

http://www.flightgearcanada.ca/ or: https://sites.google.com/site/flightgearcanada/
439Tiger

Callsign: C-CYSG
Version: 2.10.03

Postby gooneybird » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:09 pm

HHS wrote in Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:10 am:

OOh, Nice, Image :D

Sadly due to various reasons I'm not working on anything for flightGear so I shall have to let others take this on for now, maybe I can add to it in the future.
My Github repository (mostly AI stuff) https://github.com/gooneybird47
gooneybird

Postby ot-666 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:42 am

Nice. Looking forward to this one. :D
Callsign: ot-666
Working on LOWI and other stuff - Custom Scenery Overlay Repo: http://gitorious.org/fgfs-custom-scenery/custom-scenery-overlay/
VMX22 - Osprey... sometimes in 2014
ot-666

Callsign: ot-666
IRC name: ot666

Postby HHS » Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:54 am

I got some news:

The Stig wrote:- fdm tuned to match the known datas from two pilot reports and other datas
- paintkit in the work- just the dirt layer and some details missing- expect it after weekend
- some tuning of the auotopilot
- some minor changes to the 3d-model
- reflection-bumpmap-shader applied

Why the hell http://www.smartcockpit.com is down?

Here the blank version:

And here the upcoming default-livery. For testing I tried to create a default-livery, based on the real livery of the first prototype.
O.k., I'm not so good like gooneybird, but it is getting better and better :-)

Cheers
Up, up and away
HHS

Postby skyop » Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:17 am

Excellent work HHS, as always. :)
Aircraft: [ CRJ700-family | DC-10-30 ] Scenery: [ KBFL ]
skyop

IRC name: skyop
Version: next

Postby HHS » Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:42 pm

Update news:
- some fixes to the exterior model like more detailed gear, animation, wing profil, fuselage (we forgot a window! :shock: :oops: )
- paintkit for Inkscape and Gimp in the work
- fdm tuning- needs only little work to match climbrate and fuel range
- new experimental shader: a combination of Bump, spec, reflection and lightmap shader.

Up, up and away
HHS

Postby penta » Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:50 am

HHS wrote in Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:42 pm:- new experimental shader: a combination of Bump, spec, reflection and lightmap shader.

Great news! I was waiting to use this kind of shader on the b1900d. How do you achieved that?
penta

Version: Git

Postby gooneybird » Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:26 am

Looking good :D

Will the shaders work with V.2.4 or are they GIT only :?:
My Github repository (mostly AI stuff) https://github.com/gooneybird47
gooneybird

Postby HHS » Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:08 pm

penta wrote in Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:50 am:Great news! I was waiting to use this kind of shader on the b1900d. How do you achieved that?

It is a co-production of Vivian Meazza, i4dnf and me. It is still in a experimental state, and there wasn't a desicion made about the name etc.

gooneybird wrote:Looking good

Will the shaders work with V.2.4 or are they GIT only

The current experimental shader works with 2.4.0 as well.

A smaller, but more important update from yesterday:
After some experiments it seems to me that in YASim dfric and sfric are not the friction coefficients but the braking coefficients! :shock:
So changed it, so that we have a more realistic landing distance. I have to find out how the landing distance is exactly defined (with reverse thrust or without, max brake setting?)
Up, up and away
HHS

Postby HHS » Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:32 pm

O.k, after using Google I could adjust the landing distance quite good. I also adjusted climbrate, and reached to the limits of YASim.

And some more work on shaders- one lightmap isn't enough:

Due to misuse of Blender (Forgot to change the surfaces to Doublesided some surfaces are lit by the beacon though they shouldn't. It is just for experiments.
Up, up and away
HHS

Postby penta » Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:22 am

HHS wrote in Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:32 pm:And some more work on shaders- one lightmap isn't enough:

Great! I'm eagerly waiting for this shader!
penta

Version: Git

Postby El Flauta » Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:54 pm

Looks good...

1:00", looks like a river of fresh blood :twisted:
Vive FlightGear! Have you a Ñ on your keyboard? Spain-LatinAmerica FlightGear community!
--
PZL M18B Dromader
CASA C-101 Aviojet
Cessna 337G Skymaster
El Flauta

Callsign: CC-FLT
Version: 3

Next

Return to Aircraft