Board index FlightGear Development New features

FLOW CHART for source code

Discussion and requests for new features. Please note that FlightGear developers are volunteers and may or may not be able to consider these requests.

FLOW CHART for source code

Postby mike4lin » Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:35 pm

I miss a plan where to find anything. A simple FLOW CHART where all major features can be found within the code.
Myself I wonder how i could implement x-plane 9 airport format, ie how to upgrade the existing 8 format to 9. Still have not even found the relevant code
for such after two days or so.
mike4lin

Re: FLOW CHART for source code

Postby truthsolo » Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:59 pm

I was attempting to do this myself, but I have little time and it might take more than one brain.. I'm sure you know where to find the X-Plane data and changelogs, so take a look in FlightGear/src/Airports; specifically apt_loader.cxx
Rob — IRC: truthsolo — I used to run mpserver16.flightgear.org (Kansas City, MO)
Good hunting!
truthsolo

Callsign: C-FBAR, Snapper
IRC name: truthsolo
Version: git

Postby mike4lin » Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:03 pm

Yes that's the parser which is even up to date to the newest apt.dat format. But I'm looking for where the airports are drawn.
mike4lin

Postby i4dnf » Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:10 pm

You shoud search in the terragear code. That's what generates the scenery ground model (airports included). Flightgear only displays what is already pregenerated.
Last edited by i4dnf on Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
i4dnf
Retired

Callsign: YR-I4D
Version: GIT

Postby curt » Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:11 pm

Check out the developers portal on the FlightGear wiki (http://wiki.flightgear.org). There is *tons* of great info there, covering many many many subjects. If you don't find something there that you really need, consider helping us out and adding it.
curt
Administrator

Postby clrCoda » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:14 am

http://www.asciiflow.com/

A neat tool a friend turned me on to, for Charting Flow. It does so in ASCII characters making the chart easy to share in text files.

Ray
Ray St. Marie
clrCoda

Postby Hooray » Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:49 pm

i4dnf wrote in Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:10 pm:You shoud search in the terragear code. That's what generates the scenery ground model (airports included). Flightgear only displays what is already pregenerated.

That's correct, some info on the underlying file format can be found here: http://wiki.flightgear.org/BTG_file_format

I am afraid, the architecture of TerraGear itself is pretty undocumented at the moment.
But if you know C++ you can probably get started just by looking for main() and proceeding from there.

In addition, you could consider running doxygen against the terragear source tree to create some flow charts automatically.
Also, you might want to check out "SourceNavigator NG" for navigating the source tree.

Personally, I'd suggest to start a new wiki page and put your questions there and collect your findings - so that others can try to help you, you may also want to check out the FlightGear developers mailing list to ask your questions there.

In addition, it'd be a good idea to search the archives of the mailing lists and the forum for possibly related information.
Please don't send support requests by PM, instead post your questions on the forum so that all users can contribute and benefit
Thanks & all the best,
Hooray
Help write next month's newsletter !
pui2canvas | MapStructure | Canvas Development | Programming resources
Hooray

Pronouns: THOU

Postby Gijs » Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:59 pm

Just in case you didn't see, we have someone working on the airport code viewtopic.php?f=5&t=13240
Airports: EHAM, EHLE, KSFO
Aircraft: 747-400
Gijs

Callsign: PH-GYS
Version: Git

Postby mike4lin » Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:35 pm

Very good, i'll offer (basic) help and might maybe GPL my 8.5 airports.
mike4lin

Return to New features