Board index FlightGear Support Multiplayer

AI (and some MP) Aircraft Small

Trouble getting online, setting up a server?
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- copy&paste your commandline.

Please, also see Requesting Technical Help.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

AI (and some MP) Aircraft Small

Postby nebkat » Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:54 pm

When I use flightgear some AI and MP aircraft appear much smaller than my a380. I know it is one of the biggest, but many planes are just the size of my landing gear. Is this normal or is there something wrong?
nebkat

Re: AI (and some MP) Aircraft Small

Postby kyokoyama » Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:06 pm

This depends on the type of aircraft that you're referring to. However, it's probably normal.

For example, the Cessna 172 is small enough that, if you tried, you can actually climb onto the "roof" by getting on the area in front of the windshields. (though I doubt anyone would actually do that... I'm just saying to compare sizes)
The Cessna Citation and other smaller aircraft, business jets and historical aircraft are generally small, also, as the top of their fuselages are roughly 5 to 15 feet from the ground. This is probably also the height from the ground to the floor of the cockpit of the A380.
If the planes you're referring to are these kinds of aircraft, then that's perfectly fine.

What becomes a major problem is if the same thing is happening to aircraft that should be similar in size to your aircraft, such as the Boeing 777, or the AI models for the 747. ...Hopefully, that isn't happening, since I've never heard of such a problem before...
Look for "B-BIRD" "N127KY" or "AVA0004" -that's me.

Despite having over 1700 posts here, I am not even close to being the most skilled guy here... I'm just words and bad drawing, not experience. :P
kyokoyama

Callsign: B-BIRD, N127KY
Version: 2.12.1

Postby nebkat » Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:33 pm

I understand what you mean about the small ones, but the tip of the ai 747s' tails are just over my wings :shock:
nebkat

Postby kyokoyama » Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:08 pm

That's weird...
(though I feel like that model is disproportional by default..)

Despite having over 1700 posts here, I am not even close to being the most skilled guy here... I'm just words and bad drawing, not experience. :P
kyokoyama

Postby polly » Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:18 pm

Taken from across the water at Boston Logan (it arrived on 33L) with full telephoto so there's not much perspective distortion, there's a normal-sized plane behind it:
polly

Postby kyokoyama » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:07 pm

Nice picture, but it's kind of misleading.. Half the fuselage and the landing gears are hidden because of a slope.

kyokoyama

Postby polly » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:50 pm

Sure but, don't you agree the bus does look domm huge next to the other ? ..
polly

Postby kyokoyama » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:53 pm

I thought we were all in agreement on that already, though...

kyokoyama

Postby polly » Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:54 pm

Zeesh tough crowd. I guess I'll sit and wait at ZUDBY looking west for a screenie as my local traffic A380 rolls by !

Edit Yer Tiz
polly

Return to Multiplayer