Board index FlightGear Development Scenery

The animated jetway project

Questions and discussion about enhancing and populating the FlightGear world.

Re: The animated jetway project

Postby Quix0r » Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:21 am

For the first question part:
- I have left the exported (e.g. EDDK.xml) file where it is
- I have set a symbolic link from fgdata/AI/Airports/EDDK/jetways.xml to that file (~/.fgfs/Export/EDDK.xml)
- I have set a second symbolic link from terrasync/Airports/E/D/D/EDDK.jetways.xml to the same file

This way (while working on the jetways) has the big plus that you don't need to a) care about copying the file to the right places (after hitting "Export") and b) whether use-custom-scenery-data is to true or false. :)

And for the second part, I think these airline logos should go to fgdata/Models/Airport/Jetway/Airlines/ ?
Admin of mpserver08: mpserver08.flightgear.org:5000 running latest GIT version: v0.13.6 - User:Quix0r
Quix0r

Callsign: D-Quix0r
Version: next

Postby Muffinman » Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:19 am

I have the airline logos in that place.

Your ICAO.xml is not making sense to me. Can you give me the code of the symbolic link from fgdata/AI/Airports/EDDK/jetways.xml, please? Also, I do not use Terrasync, so that explanation is not making sense.

FYI: my use-custom-scenery-data is set to true, if that makes any difference.

Thanks,
Muffinman
My personal livery collection. Specializing in Star Alliance and oneworld airlines and logojets.
Muffinman

Callsign: N626CM
Version: 2020.1.3

Postby Quix0r » Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:20 am

I can upload my EDDK.xml (the name when it got exported to ~/.fgfs/Export/) somewhere on my webserver but the elevation has absolute values and not relatives. So the jetways will float in air. :)

So this is what I did:
- Constructed the new jetways alongside the old ones (they still need to be removed from the scenery)
- Exported them (Hansolo did some fixing on gateway numbering)
- I did this:
Code: Select all
$ cd /opt/fgdata/AI/Airports/
$ mkdir EDDK
$ cd EDDK
$ ln -s ~/.fgfs/Export/EDDK.xml jetways.xml
$ cd /opt/fgfs-scenery/Airports/E/D/D/
$ ln -s ~/.fgfs/Export/EDDK.xml EDDK.jetways.xml

This allows me editing on the jetways (and exporting it) without worrying that on next startup, the edited jetways are back (they will be back) in place.

But where did you get your scenery from? I have checked out the SVN repository at http://terrascenery.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/data/ to get latest scenery updates.
Admin of mpserver08: mpserver08.flightgear.org:5000 running latest GIT version: v0.13.6 - User:Quix0r
Quix0r

Postby Muffinman » Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:29 pm

All I really want to know is how I keep the jetways at the airport, so every time I spawn there they show up. So could you just tell me what I need to do to make that happen?

Thanks,
Muffinman
My personal livery collection. Specializing in Star Alliance and oneworld airlines and logojets.
Muffinman

Postby skyop » Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:20 am

Export the definition file and move it to <Terrasync directory>/Airports/I/C/A/ICAO.jetways.xml.

Or, if you don't use Terrasync, put them in $FG_ROOT/AI/Airports/ICAO/jetway.xml. And make sure --prop:/sim/paths/use-custom-scenery-data=false is in your command line.
Aircraft: [ CRJ700-family | DC-10-30 ] Scenery: [ KBFL ]
skyop

IRC name: skyop

Postby Quix0r » Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:21 am

To make them permanently showing up (without entering the menu at all starts) I think you need to add a command line/.fgfsrc line like this:
--prop:/nasal/jetways/enabled=true
Quix0r

Postby Muffinman » Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:31 pm

Thank you very VERY much! :D :mrgreen:
Muffinman

Postby Quix0r » Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:29 am

I have found another thing here, related to the jetways:
- In View->Rendering Options I can disable or enable jetways, no matter if the box is selected, the jetways remain visible and loaded
- In AI->Jetway Settings the option "Enable jetways" needs to be disabled/enabled again
- After some tries, the jetways remains displayed, no matter what I try.

I think this is a nasal error, so I grep-ped for it:
Nasal runtime error: props.setValue() with non-number
Nasal runtime error: undefined symbol: xtranslate

The full first one is this:
trigger listener #40
Nasal runtime error: props.setValue() with non-number
  at /opt/fgdata/Nasal/props.nas, line 27
  called from: __dlg:view, line 33

That listener is initialized here:
setting listener #40 in /opt/fgdata/Nasal/dynamic_view.nas, line 406

So it seems to be unrelated, but should be fixed anyway, I think. :)

The next errors are in full this:
trigger listener #40
  at , line 105

A grep for "jetways" doesn't turn up any useful and the logfile is quite large (102 MB) to upload it, compressed with bzip2, I still have a 1.4 MB file.

Here is my ~/.fgfsrc file:
--parkpos=A11
--callsign=D-Quix0r
--multiplay=out,10,mpserver08.flightgear.org,5000
--multiplay=in,10,,5000
--airport=EDDF
--config=/home/quix0r/.fgfs/cockpit-view.xml
--config=/opt/fgdata/pyromaniac.xml
--control=joystick
--aircraft=DC-10-30
--log-level=debug
--enable-ai-models
--timeofday=real
--enable-save-on-exit
--enable-splash-screen
--disable-fullscreen
--disable-game-mode
--enable-clouds3d
--enable-horizon-effect
--enable-real-weather-fetch
--fog-nicest
--enable-textures
--enable-specular-highlight
--enable-anti-alias-hud
--enable-skyblend
--enable-distance-attenuation
--enable-enhanced-lighting
--disable-random-objects
--disable-ai-traffic
--enable-fpe

Just teleport to a new-jetways-enabled airport (e.g. KSFO).
Quix0r

Postby Boeing » Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:38 pm

It only loads what airport your at, that means you have to land at WSSS and then it loads the jetways :wink: At least I think(95% sure)
Won't be doing much anymore....
Boeing

Callsign: Boeing, MIA0029
Version: 24

Postby Boeing » Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:28 pm

Oh then I'm afraid I can't do much. :oops: well I have that with all the airports with jetways and I'm pretty sure that you should wait a while, it just takes some to load.
(One question are the jetways AI or scenery? My money is on AI since they find your plane them selves and you can disable them.
Boeing

Postby turtle » Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:59 pm

For some reason I followed the tutorial and everything. But when I park my plane perfectly on the T, it says, "cannot extend animated jetway, your aircraft does not define the required positioning information." The aircraft is the 777-200ER and I downloaded and unzipped the addon for animated jetway. What could be wrong?
FlightGear 2.0 GUi Window 7 64bit
turtle

Postby Boeing » Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:24 am

Did you get the compatibility pack?
Boeing

Postby Figaro » Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:53 am

@ Boeing: he said he did?

@ All others. I have FG v20110629 and FG v20110516. I cannot see Animated Jetways in either. Yes, I've gone through my whole FG installation multiple times to see why they don't show. I can't figure out why. If I spawn at EGKK, there are NO jetways full stop.

Earlier this month I had a case of dissapearing objects. I.E. when I was far away from an airport, I could see everything perfectly, models, jetways and AI, but once I arrived at the airport, nothing. Zippo, Nada, Zilch, Zero. Nothing.

I really would like jetways, maybe I'll have to crack open good ol' 2.0 where they worked fine. :|
Figaro

Callsign: 4L-FIG

Postby Boeing » Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:15 pm

mmmm.... I have disappearing AI at all airports

My console

savexml: writing to '/Users/Thomas/.fgfs/Wildfire/fire_log.xml' denied (unauthorized access)
Warning: dynamic library '/Applications/FlightGear.app/Contents/Resources/plugins' exists, but an error occurred while trying to open it:
dlopen(/Applications/FlightGear.app/Contents/Resources/plugins, 9): no suitable image found. Did find:
/Applications/FlightGear.app/Contents/Resources/plugins: not a file
Warning: Could not find plugin to read objects from file "/Applications/FlightGear.app/Contents/Resources/data/Models/Geometry/Nimitz/flag.png".
osgDB ac3d reader: could not read texture "flag.png"
Warning: dynamic library '/Applications/FlightGear.app/Contents/Resources/plugins' exists, but an error occurred while trying to open it:
dlopen(/Applications/FlightGear.app/Contents/Resources/plugins, 9): no suitable image found. Did find:
Warning: Could not find plugin to read objects from file "/Applications/FlightGear.app/Contents/Resources/data/Models/Geometry/Nimitz/rainbow_7.rgb".
osgDB ac3d reader: could not read texture "rainbow_7.rgb"
Warning: Could not find plugin to read objects from file "/Applications/FlightGear.app/Contents/Resources/data/Models/Geometry/Nimitz/rainbow_9.rgb".
osgDB ac3d reader: could not read texture "rainbow_9.rgb"
Warning: Could not find plugin to read objects from file "/Applications/FlightGear.app/Contents/Resources/data/Models/Geometry/Nimitz/rainbow_5.rgb".
osgDB ac3d reader: could not read texture "rainbow_5.rgb"
Warning: Could not find plugin to read objects from file "/Applications/FlightGear.app/Contents/Resources/data/Models/Geometry/Nimitz/rainbow_4.rgb".
osgDB ac3d reader: could not read texture "rainbow_4.rgb"
Warning: Could not find plugin to read objects from file "/Applications/FlightGear.app/Contents/Resources/data/Models/Geometry/Nimitz/rainbow_10.rgb".
osgDB ac3d reader: could not read texture "rainbow_10.rgb"
Warning: Could not find plugin to read objects from file "/Applications/FlightGear.app/Contents/Resources/data/Models/Geometry/Nimitz/rainbow_8.rgb".
osgDB ac3d reader: could not read texture "rainbow_8.rgb"
Warning: Could not find plugin to read objects from file "/Applications/FlightGear.app/Contents/Resources/data/Models/Geometry/Nimitz/rainbow_6.rgb".
osgDB ac3d reader: could not read texture "rainbow_6.rgb"
Warning: Could not find plugin to read objects from file "/Applications/FlightGear.app/Contents/Resources/data/Models/Geometry/Nimitz/rainbow_41.rgb".
osgDB ac3d reader: could not read texture "rainbow_41.rgb"
Boeing

Postby turtle » Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:00 am

Boeing wrote in Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:24 am:Did you get the compatibility pack?

For the 777-200ER? If so, yeah I installed it.
turtle

PreviousNext

Return to Scenery