Board index FlightGear Development New features

PushBack  Topic is solved

Discussion and requests for new features. Please note that FlightGear developers are volunteers and may or may not be able to consider these requests.

PushBack

Postby Ronnoc » Sun May 08, 2011 4:01 am

Hey im a flightgear fan and i would like to use the pushback and hook up to planes but the problem is that there isn't any way to so if someone could help fix that that'd be great. And if there could be someway where you could have like the parking gates come up to the plane and have like a luggage truck come up to the plane to get the luggage that'd be super! So if someone could fix those two things FlightGear would/will be the best! And if it would be possible to get a co-pilot on multiplayer for the aircraft called 777-200ER
Last edited by Ronnoc on Sun May 08, 2011 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ronnoc

Re: PushBack  

Postby jack » Sun May 08, 2011 4:35 am

Please don't post the same exact topic twice. That's called spamming/trolling/annoying, and we don't like it. Your topic will get plenty of attention, even if you post it once. :)
For Military Aircraft, Scenery, and more, visit http://alphashangar.co.nr/

'Retired' from FlightGear as of July 2011. You can contact me via my website if you'd like to pick up any old projects.
jack
Retired

Callsign: Alpha-J, Rescue1
Version: GIT

Re: PushBack

Postby Gijs » Sun May 08, 2011 11:57 am

Welcome Ron (?)

the things you describe are not "broken", they are just missing features or they are already available (in upcoming FG versions).
  • Pusback: not possible to do this over multiplayer at the moment. You can however, pushback your own aircraft (if it is equipped wit a pusback). Aircraft like 777-200, 747-400, CRJ-200, F-16 and several more all have this option, as of FlightGear 2.0.0.
  • Parking gates (jetways): http://wiki.flightgear.org/Howto:_Animated_jetways
  • Luggage truck: A340-600 has them.

As FlightGear is opensource, you're invited to work on the missing pushback-over-mp feature! It does require knowledge about FDMs, probably Nasal or C++, so it might be better/easier to start your FlightGear Developer carreer with someting less complicated...

Cheers,
Gijs

PS: I deleted the other copy of this topic and moved this one to the "New features" subforum.
Airports: EHAM, EHLE, KSFO
Aircraft: 747-400
Gijs

Callsign: PH-GYS
Version: Git

Return to New features